I think he's an okay writer. I really enjoyed The Black Mirror and The Court of Owls, and I found The City of Owls good but not nearly on the same level as the aforementioned books. However, I didn't like Death of the Family or Gates of Gotham, and I thought that the latest issue of Batman was pretty weak. I can't judge him on his independent works, though, as I've yet to read any of them.
This. I think his characterization of Joker was too loving, and it got weird towards the end of DotF.
- I highly dislike Snyder's run on Batman as it has been mediocre at best, and the best was the court of the owls arc.
- I honestly can't wait until Snyder is off of this book. Until then, i might be dropping this book after Zero Year if it continues downhill.
Who should replace him? I can't think of anyone because I don't many writers.
- That's honestly a good question.
- As much a i hate Morrison i'd be OK with him coming back as long as he doesn't do too many crossovers or kill off my favorite character. Additionally, being that Jason has his own book, i doubt he's getting killed off (again) any time soon. Moreover, Morrison's stories may be convoluted, and sometimes not even very good, but i did like his Bruce Wayne specifically because of certain traits.
- With all that being said, Lobdell could decide to write it, or maybe Johns as well.