By Supreme Marvel 0 Comments
Previously: Prelude to Supreme Marvel
A British Airways plane soars across the turbulent Atlantic Ocean heading to its destination, America. The weather is windy enough only to shake the plane’s wings. The ‘fasten seat-belt’ sign flashes throughout the plane. A long haired; beard man, with a modest smile on his face fastens his belt. The man sitting next to him gives him a curious look.
- “First time flying?” asks the man
- “Oh, no sir. I moved over to England to further my education. I was raised in America.” replied the person with a continuous modest smile
- “I guess you lost your American accent then. Where about in England did you study?”
- “I’ve spent many years there. Their accents are strong and I felt mine was easily influenced. There was a programme created for ‘special cases’ in Cambridge, there saying not mine, where a person with a high achieving IQ could qualify for the course.” he explained
The plane hits a slight turbulence making the man look weary.
- “If you don’t mind me asking, what IQ did you get?”
- “I got 225.” said without an ounce of pride
- “Really? How old were you when you took that?” said with amazement
- “I was ten years old.” nerves creeping into his vocal patter
- “Sorry, I don’t mean to pry. I guess nervous on planes, and talking helps. It’s either that or the bath room.” said with a smile, indicating friendship
- “It is...”
The plane shakes violently for a few seconds. They both grip the handles of the chair. It begins to stead and the captain apologies to the people on the plane.
- “Not a fan of flying?” said the bearded person
- “Nope, more of a grounded person.” the man said with a slight smile.
The plane shakes more violently and for a few more seconds longer. When the plane steadies the man quickly gets up runs to the toilet. The bearded man watches and his impressed by how quickly he moved. The plane feels like it’s been pulled down to him. He grips tighter to the handles of the seat.
- “Whoa!” he gasp out as his heart jumps a beat
The plane feels weird to him now. He looks to his left, and then looks to his right, no one notices anything. Then from out of nowhere the plane sharply plummets’ nose first towards the ground. The screams rise from the plane passengers. The seats all move forward towards the front of the plane. Everyone pushing against the seats ahead of them, but they keep getting pushed further forward because of the falling seats behind them. The man’s row of seats moves towards the seats in front of him, before the seats make contact with the back he quickly steps on the seat in front of him to propel him into the air and behind his seat. The gravity makes it difficult for anyone to move. People are now screaming in anguish. The force of the plane falling seems to lift more and more so as it approaches the ground. Suddenly, the plane stops in mid air, floating inches from the ground below. People are now asking if people are hurt. The plane falls backwards towards to ground. The impact jumps the plane slightly, and everyone is pushes into the air and fall back down again. People are looking at each other in shock. The top half of the plane is ripped from the plane and thrown away. The sunlight shines into the plane. A man slowly descends from the skies above the plane, with a flame like orange aura. He slowly moves forwards above the plane. He stops, looking at the seat that was occupied by the man now in the toilet. His attention quickly draws to the bearded man now on his own, he face full of fury. The furious man outstretches his hand, the bearded man’s body becomes immovable, he quickly rises in front of the flamed aura man.
- “WHERE’S THE PERSON THAT SAT THERE! TELL ME NOW!” he said, spit gushing from his mouth
- “I don’t know what you’re talking about. There was no one that sat there since the plane took off.” Said the bearded man
- “DON’T LIE TO ME!” the orange aura now melting upwards from his face
A black marble sized ball comes out of nowhere and sticks to the flamed aura man, he looks down. The bearded man closes his eyes. A blinding flash of light and a loud siren howls from the ball. The orange aura man closes his eyes and covers his eyes in pain. He releases the man from his hold, they both fall towards the floor, the bearded man with his eyes closed feels someone grab him before he hits the floor and is calmly put on the floor. He keeps his eyes closed and tries to focus his hearing. The orange aura man curses violently in pain. He opens his eyes slightly and just sees white light, then closes them. He opens them again and a shadow appears in the white light, he closes them again. He opens them and sees a person.
- “BATMAN!” he screams in fear
Batman punches him in the face and knocks him out. Batman turns to the bearded man. He now stands erect, fingers in his ears trying to get his hearing back to normal. Everything sounds echoed to him. Batman uses sound language with his hands.
- ‘Are you okay’ he gestures
The bearded man is shocked. He wonders how Batman knows that he knows sound language himself.
- ‘Yes, thank you. He was after a man who went into the toilet. Check if he is okay.’ he gestures back at Batman
Police come to the scene, and begin talking to him, he signals his deafness. Two hours later he is free from questioning. He sees the man that went into the toilet.
- “Hey, you’re okay.” said the bearded man
- “Yes, thanks to you. Batman told me what you did, thank you so much.” He said gratefully
- “Don’t thank me, anyone would have done it.” He replied
- “Nope, not these days. Sorry, I didn’t ask before. What’s your name?” he asked
- “Sorry, my name is Kyle Inwudu.” Kyle said
- “Hello Kyle, my name’s Timothy Wayne.” Tim replied
Kyle’s mouth dropped. He then laughs.
- “I now work for you. I somehow got an apprenticeship at Wayne Enterprises.” Kyle said with a smile on his face
- “Well, Kyle, let me show you around.”
After walking around Wayne Enterprises, Tim finally shows him to where he will be working.
- “Archaeology department. I’ll like to introduce you to you assistant.”
- “I get an assistant?” Kyle said with gratitude
- “Yeah, she’s a newish also.” Tim replies with a smile on his face
A woman strides into the room; 5’9” tall, long blonde hair reaching to her lower back and bright green eyes.
- “You must be Kyle? My name’s Nicole Rush.” Nicole said with a smile on her face
After a while of talking, Kyle is allowed to look around the Gotham museum. His attention is towards a small shiny roach like rock.
- “Scarab.” He tell himself
It time enters into the midnight hours. Kyle leaves for his new apartment. As he gets there he hears a scream, he looks around and sees a woman being carried into an ally. He runs into a gang of five men. It’s hard to properly see everyone, he sees the woman on the floor, face down.
- “Let her go.” Kyle said calmly
- “Wha’ you gonna do?” said a fat gang member
He pulls out a knife and points it at Kyle. He signals the other four men to attack him. Kyle moves forward towards the charging men. The first man throws a punch; Kyle easily ducks under him, side steps the second man. On the turn, the third man’s foot is raised to strike; Kyle catches and uses his foot to knock the standing foot off the ground, then steps over him. The fourth man’s fist swings for Kyle’s face; Kyle quickly grabs it and spins him around and pushes his foot into hi back and knocks him into the other men. The fifth guy with the knife tries to poke Kyle; but Kyle quickly manoeuvres his hands to knock the knife from the fat man’s hands and catches it. The fat man gives him a strange look and the runs with the rest of him. He watches them run and then turns to the woman on the floor. When he takes her out of the shadow, he sees her face.
- “Heidi?” Kyle said with a face full of shock