@isaac_clarke: apologies I have been away from my laptop and having to use my phone for a lot. Great argument though man. I didn't know Mephisto was soo boss with the way marvel fluctuates it's character levels (jobbing)
1) Sure doesn't. Galactus was starving in that fight and began feeding off of Mephistos realm.
2) Geoff Johns has stated on more thst one occassion, Nekron IS DC's most powerful dark force. His feats are consistent with that statement. The Spectre was powerless, because of Nekron not having a soul.
3) if your idea is to discount the Parallaxes even weaker incarnations then that's fine. But I'll remind you that Thanos with the power gem have made Mephisto look like a chump.
4) It's all the same Anti Monitor, albeit inconsistent showings, he was fully rested when he cheap-shotted Nekron, iirc it even says so on panel. Nekron looked little more than annoyed by it. He was using the Anti Monitor as a power source, not unlike Galactus feeding off of Mephistos realm, isn't it possible that Nekron could do something similar?
6) Nekron needed the anchor to bridge into a universe with life. I'm not sure if that applies to Mephistos realm but regardless it isn't like Mephisto knows thats his weakness or even would know who his anchor was foe that matter. It also would not constitute a win, just a stalemate.
It is far more likely that Nekron bfrs Mephisto into another realm (since he actually does that), enslaves him, and/or feeds off his realm. He best Mephisto could hope for is a stalemate.
@isaac_clarke: who said anything about killing Mephisto? Nekron doesn't have to to win. But illuminate me with his significantly better feats. Forget the fact that (like it or not) the Spectre, the Parallax, the Anti Monitor and the First Lantern couldn't stop or even concern Nekron, and tell me what exactly Mephisto does that will put him down.