The Greatest Comics Of All Times!

This is a new comic holiday! Whoever partakes in this will, write reviews, post images, or share with everyone about comics from the past 10 or more years, or you can talk about comics that came out last year or comics that came out last month etc etc. If you don't want to review just post images (as many as you want to) in a "side-by-side" format shown below. Or you can write a review. After writing the review, just post the link here for everyone to read. If you don't want to do either, Reviews or post Images, then just share with everyone about different comics from the past years (or months, or weeks). Don't forget about posting what comic it is, and what issue number also. This will happen once every year on this day (August 10th, 2010). Hopefully everyone will partake in this holiday. (Examples Below).  

         Or 
Superman #701 Grounded   
http://bit.ly/9YjM1z (It Doesn't Have To Be Like This, just post the the link here) 
     (http://www.comicvine.com/superman-grounded-part-one/37-224629/user-reviews/?review_id=10241)                  
Or 
Batman & Robin #13 has been the best comic by Grant Morrison because; the story has taken Batman (Dick Grayson) and Robin (Damian Wayne) to new levels. It doesn't have to be explained like this, just make sure you include the, Title and the Issue number.  
 
Talk about whatever publishers, characters, story arcs, etc etc, and best of all "Have fun."
28 Comments
28 Comments
Posted by Pr_Beyonder

Original Secret Wars I and II
Posted by SUPER-MAN 23
@Pr_Beyonder said:
" Original Secret Wars I and II "
Cool
Posted by JLAsuperdude

the first crisis is awesome but in this decade i would say blackest night

Posted by turoksonofstone

Valiant V1 "Unity" best crossover ever. Secret wars one was Awesome too!

Posted by SUPER-MAN 23
@JLAsuperdude said:
" the first crisis is awesome but in this decade i would say blackest night "
Blackest night was great, Geoff did a good job on that series. 
@turoksonofstone said:
" Valiant V1 "Unity" best crossover ever. Secret wars one was Awesome too! "
Secret wars and Valiant V1 was great.
Posted by Primmaster64

hmmm

Posted by Jotham

All-Star Superman. Transmetropolitan was pretty good, too.

Posted by harleyquinn12

Maybe Geoff Johns run of Teen titans, Emma Frost was really good, Greg Rucka and JH Williams on Detective Comics, Zatanna's new ongoing, but best of all is Geoff Johns Green Lantern relaunch!
Posted by tensor

kingdom come  
Age of Apocalypse
Blackest Night
Superman/Batman series( the supergirl from krypton)
Infinity gauntlet

Posted by tensor

yeah an grounded was pretty good still want to know the count of that if he would let her jump

Posted by Night Thrasher

Infinity Gauntlet everything I wanted in a comic. Epic, Exotic, and most of all fun to read.

Edited by Retro_Metro
@Night Thrasher said:

" Infinity Gauntlet everything I wanted in a comic. Epic, Exotic, and most of all fun to read. "

Coming 2020 in theaters! I'd watch it too XD(Followed by the other sequels)
Posted by Pheonix of the white throne

Dark Phoenix Saga is EPIC i luv it
Posted by Night Thrasher
@Retro_Metro: Don't make me have a seizure! I would be first in line for that.
Posted by Night Thrasher
@Retro_Metro: I thought that said 2012! Bummer :(
Posted by Retro_Metro

Hehe  :D

Posted by lord_oraculous016

here's my list: 
 
Dark Phoenix Saga - this is science fiction at its realest and in its purest form, a cautionary tale of how absolute power corrupts absolutely.. when love and honor get in the way of lust and greed, the effects are nothing short of earth shattering.. the most tragic yet meaningful story that permanently change the Comic Book World.. 

Watchmen -  a  story that meant to reflect contemporary anxieties and to critique the superhero concept..  received critical acclaim both in the comics and mainstream press..  
 
The Infinity Gauntlet - the rise of Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet was a experience to last a life time.. it is something not to be missed.. 
 
Secret Wars I and II - this arc highlights the Beyonder in the peak of his omnipotence.. it was nothing short of great.. 
 
The Sandman - simply a masterpiece of the medium and as beautiful of an exploration of mythology, humanity, and fate.. 
 
Batman: Year One - if you love Batman, then you shouldn't miss this one.. just brilliantly written..  It's not only one of the most important comics ever written, it's also among the best..
 
Crisis on Infinite Earths -  Crisis on Infinite Earths ended on one of the strongest notes in comic history.. not just a superhero comic arc, this mega crossover extravaganza dealt with many themes of death, sacrifice, what life means, rebirth, lots of existensialism, belief, hope, and selflessness.. 
 
Messiah Complex: Second Coming - without doubt one of Marvel's most epic stories to date.. it hold so much twist and turns and adrenaline rush coupled with flawless story writing.. i'll just have to wait till the final chapter to make an ultimate judgement, but still, it is still certainly one of the best..

Posted by SUPER-MAN 23
@lord_oraculous016 said:
" here's my list: 
 
Dark Phoenix Saga - this is science fiction at its realest and in its purest form, a cautionary tale of how absolute power corrupts absolutely.. when love and honor get in the way of lust and greed, the effects are nothing short of earth shattering.. the most tragic yet meaningful story that permanently change the Comic Book World.. 

Watchmen -  a  story that meant to reflect contemporary anxieties and to critique the superhero concept..  received critical acclaim both in the comics and mainstream press..  
 
The Infinity Gauntlet - the rise of Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet was a experience to last a life time.. it is something not to be missed.. 
 
Secret Wars I and II - this arc highlights the Beyonder in the peak of his omnipotence.. it was nothing short of great.. 
 
The Sandman - simply a masterpiece of the medium and as beautiful of an exploration of mythology, humanity, and fate.. 
 
Batman: Year One - if you love Batman, then you shouldn't miss this one.. just brilliantly written..  It's not only one of the most important comics ever written, it's also among the best..
 
Crisis on Infinite Earths -  Crisis on Infinite Earths ended on one of the strongest notes in comic history.. not just a superhero comic arc, this mega crossover extravaganza dealt with many themes of death, sacrifice, what life means, rebirth, lots of existensialism, belief, hope, and selflessness.. 
 
Messiah Complex: Second Coming - without doubt one of Marvel's most epic stories to date.. it hold so much twist and turns and adrenaline rush coupled with flawless story writing.. i'll just have to wait till the final chapter to make an ultimate judgement, but still, it is still certainly one of the best.. "
Good choices
Posted by burningmidnight
Kingdom Come was an awesome DC story filled with great pathos and great artwork.  
Green Lantern: Rebirth  is another since it was the one that help remake the Green  Lantern mythos.   
Silver Surfer: Requiem  is without one of touching stories I have read.   
And J
. Michael Straczynski reboot of Thor.
Posted by lord_oraculous016
@SUPER-MAN 23 said:
" @lord_oraculous016 said:
" here's my list: 
 
Dark Phoenix Saga - this is science fiction at its realest and in its purest form, a cautionary tale of how absolute power corrupts absolutely.. when love and honor get in the way of lust and greed, the effects are nothing short of earth shattering.. the most tragic yet meaningful story that permanently change the Comic Book World.. 

Watchmen -  a  story that meant to reflect contemporary anxieties and to critique the superhero concept..  received critical acclaim both in the comics and mainstream press..  
 
The Infinity Gauntlet - the rise of Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet was a experience to last a life time.. it is something not to be missed.. 
 
Secret Wars I and II - this arc highlights the Beyonder in the peak of his omnipotence.. it was nothing short of great.. 
 
The Sandman - simply a masterpiece of the medium and as beautiful of an exploration of mythology, humanity, and fate.. 
 
Batman: Year One - if you love Batman, then you shouldn't miss this one.. just brilliantly written..  It's not only one of the most important comics ever written, it's also among the best..
 
Crisis on Infinite Earths -  Crisis on Infinite Earths ended on one of the strongest notes in comic history.. not just a superhero comic arc, this mega crossover extravaganza dealt with many themes of death, sacrifice, what life means, rebirth, lots of existensialism, belief, hope, and selflessness.. 
 
Messiah Complex: Second Coming - without doubt one of Marvel's most epic stories to date.. it hold so much twist and turns and adrenaline rush coupled with flawless story writing.. i'll just have to wait till the final chapter to make an ultimate judgement, but still, it is still certainly one of the best.. "
Good choices "
thanks.. XD
Posted by Winfield

How has nobody mentioned Neil Gaiman's Sandman?
In my opinion it has no peer

Posted by lord_oraculous016
@Winfield: i did.. i do agree with you.. its one of the best..
Posted by rbysjti
Posted by FadeToBlackBolt

Arkham Asylum:  A Serious on a Serious Earth
Watchmen
Y: The Last Man
Morrison's Doom Patrol
Batman: R.I.P
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: Year One
Sandman
Infinite Crisis
V For Vendetta
Daredevil: Born Again

Posted by Winfield
@lord_oraculous016: My apologies. You are correct. Thats what I get for skimming the thread =D
Posted by lord_oraculous016
@Winfield said:
" @lord_oraculous016: My apologies. You are correct. Thats what I get for skimming the thread =D "
XD
Posted by Primmaster64

let me think

Posted by rasberryyyogurt

oh yeah