By Silkcuts 14 Comments
10) I chatted with Jeff Lemire and he remembered my name and hooked me up with a good price.
9) chatted with J. Bone about stuff. His fave character is wonder woman.
8) Meeting a Vendor who looked like David Finch, jokily asking him if he is David Finch and then becoming buddies with him.
7) Picked up a awesome Plastic Man fitted hat.
6) Talking to Cameron Stewart. He is a cool guy and I am glad his art is on a lot of my fave Grant Morrison comics.
5) Talking to Tim Bradstreet and reminding him that he is more then "The Punisher cover artist". We talked about "Shoot" and Ellis and Hellblazer and just good times.
4) Talking to Brian Azzarello about comics. Proving I was his biggest fan at the con. BTW he still enjoys Constantine, even if most fans hated his run. He also loved El Diablo as a story he wrote and "its better that way" is his response to why he hasn't worked with his wife on a comic.
3) I peed in the stall beside the one that Brian Azzarello was Peeing in. He was the one who went beside me on the record. Good to know he mingles with us mere Mortals. I was too star stuck to remember if he washed his hands. I think not since he is a dirty man. But I love him for it!
2) The first comic I sold for the Labyrinth was Peter Milligan's X-Statix Vol. 1, a book I need because I want to go trades instead of singles for rereading. When closing up the shop for the night I found a second copy and it was a great way to end the night buying that comic.
1) Came early to get Darwyn Cooke to sign my hardcovers. He partied hard last night and J. Bone told me Darwyn was feeling sick and may not come in. I leave my books with some hot not old blond chick that has to be his daughter, trophy wife or manager, I am thinking the Trophy wife. She said I can come back later around 1:30 because that is the predicted time of arrival. So to kill time I line up for Gary Frank. I hated that it felt like an assembly line. After Frank I got Jill Thompson to sign some books. I bugged Cameron Stewart next. Shooted the $H!+ with him a bit while I was getting his Sketch book "Too Cartoony" sketched. We talked about the Invisibles and Seaguy and whole lot of stuff... had to kill time anyway, why not extend the sketch time. After I paid the guy and said my fair wells (made sure to get the hand shake in), that is where I see Azz in the restroom. I think he though I was checking him out. After that Darwyn is still not there and the time on the sheet is moved to 2:30. I would bump into Azz again.. with the new time 2:30 written down I panicked because Azz's line for the day started at 2:30. So Darwyn or Him... I picked Darwyn. During that time I had to kill, I said Hi to Jeff Lemire and he remembered my name and hooked me up with a good price on Essex County Harcover, I guess cuz he knows I had the soft cover already, but really wanted the Hardcover more. After Jeff got interrupted for an interview so I was thinking who else to bug. So I Bugged Tim Bradstreet. Great guy and I kind of regret holding off bringing my All his Engines to sign and a Punisher Hardcover I have he did the covers for. Oh wells I had easily over 50lbs of hardcovers already, those to would be even more. There is always another Con. By the time 2:30 comes I tell Bradstreet to have a great flight and because of our Hellblazer chat I think we bonded a bit. Darn I wish I had those hardcovers. Well it was 2:35 and me and a few other people trying to get Cooke meet up and one of them asks me "Do you think he will show?" I instantly reply "NO" and glad I left it at that, because I swear to you that he just came seconds after I pronounced "OH" and I hope he didn't hear. When he settled up he was super friendly and nice, being sick and all. He even drew small sketches in the books, something someone told me he was not doing in the con.
To Sum it all up Synchronicity was linking up well for me the last day of the Con :D