Real Name: Quintus Knightfall
Alias: The Living Weapon, Noir Rose, The Black Mamba, Perennial Polymath, True Arashikage, The Modern-day-Kennedy, The New Age Rockefeller, New York City Caesar, The Knightfall Alpha, Triple P (Pinnacle of Physical Perfection), The Martial Arts Millionaire, Million-dollar-Man
Weight: 260 lbs
Hair Colour: Onyx
Eye Colour: International Klein Blue
Species: Initially a Child of the Atom. Post-Resurrection - Human
Relationship Status: Romantically linked to the White Queen, Valerie Huntington (Engaged)
Family: Jayden Knightfall (Father), Grace Knightfall (Mother), Ellie (Twin-Sister), Andres Knightfall (Brother), Isadora LeBeau (Daughter), Faatina Knightfall (Sister), Cassius Knightfall (Brother), Maximus (Brother), Kincaid Knightfall (Brother), Ashley Knightfall (Cousin), David Knightfall (Uncle), Jothee Knightfall (Cousin)
Occupation: Kamelot CEO, Multi-Billionaire, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur
- Strength - Obsessive training under the radically weighted atmospheric constriction of the mystical Arashikage Island have consequently elevated Quintus' muscle mass index. As a result of an exclusive diet, esoteric training methods, and inherited genetic excellence, the Living Weapon's fast twitch fibers produce an enormous amount of Adenosine triphosphates. Well beyond the normal manufacturing rate of a baseline human, boosting the molecular unit of currency of intracellular energy transfer to such a degree, that the Modern-day-Kennedy's substantially inflated strength borders on and around the 2ton bench mark.
Combat Sense, Reflexes, Acrobatic Apex
Complex mutagenic enzymes in the pronounced cellular helices of the Knightfall Polymath's genetic make-up, coupled with a unique series of ultra-flexible joints, have instrumentally engineered an organic foundation of gymnastic hypermobility. Granting the renowned philanthropist a rare infrastructure of exclusively acrobatic reflexes that have been passionately perfected through obsessive training and photographically indexed maps of visually observed physical feats. Quintus' aerobatic mastery is inherently fluent, graceful to the point of being superhuman and habitually reinvented with new and innovative freestyles. Making the Modern-day-Knightfall one of the most elusive combatants the World has ever seen. A recently rededicated pursuit of interminable skill on the mystical island of the Arashikage has once again placed the Living Weapon atop the pyramid of agilic apexes. Because of the same molecular fabrications that grant the True Arashikage such incredible acrobatic prominence, a natural graduation of reactionary refinement were universally developed. Sharpened senses acutely calibrated to a near precognitive level of early warning exposure, manifesting various degrees of incoming danger as to notify Quintus of not only a potential threat, but also from which direction. Making him nearly impossible to tag for anyone operating below an established level of superhuman speed and skill.
Arc Reactionary Reflex (ARR) - Though recently retired, the Noir Rose's auto-genetic ability to synapse an overwhelming number of sensory neurons directly into his spinal cord (subsequently activating the spinal motor neurons instantly) enables him to react on a superhuman level of execution, post resurrection. The radically accelerated sensory receptors located on the cell membrane of sensory neurons responsible for the conversion of stimuli into electrical impulses hit the Perennial Polymath's C mechano- and metabo- receptors in muscles or joints at a rate exponentially higher then any normal (and most super) humans. Authorizing an extensive repertoire of bullet dodging reactionary reflexes that barely begin to scratch the surface of his impressive index of mesmerizing movements. Further extrapolating his acrobatic genius, a unique and evolutionarily superior clavicle, flexible backbone, and state of the art vestibular system, have stylishly integrated a theatrical ability to redirect the nature of any fall without ever having changed the net angular momentum of his body. Aided by a capcity to contort half his body so that his upper and lower halves rotate on differentiating axises, essentially equipping the Kamelot CEO with a naturally formed Self-Righting system of unparalleled documentation.
Polymathic Martial Arts:
As an authenticated child prodigy and martial arts adept didactically perusing the physical mechanisms and techniques culturally intrinsic to a wide ranging list of international countries, a Darwinian discipline predicated upon the evolution of armed and unarmed combat have always served as the Knightfall's martial arts platform. Gracing the Modern-day-Kennedy with an overwhelming accreditation of martial arts knowledge spanning several generations. Thanks in no small part to his unique and genetically inherited, Photographic Reflexes. Like any pure polymath, Quintus has cultivated an expansive multi-deminsional sphere of assorted expertise. Melding an eclectic catalog of skills that, when amalgamated into a rarefied combat composition, stylistically fabricated an exclusive martial arts model. Copyrighted by the Knightfall's hereditary photographic muscle memory. A symbiotic technique that continues to evolve over time, granting the Living Weapon the luxury of aggregating new forms and systems. Discarding out-dated abilities and plugging in new, unorthodox innovations, without hesitation. Because of the dogmatically instilled training of the Order of Sancta Camisia, as well as the mystical Arashikage, the Modern-day-Kennedy employs an inherent ability known as Photographic-Reflexes. A capability which allows the Martial Arts Masterpiece to total recall any muscle induced movement he's witnessed, regardless of elapsed time. Perfect imitation and a comprehensive library have positioned the legendary Knightfall at the forefront of martial arts mastery. Mirroring entire martial classifications that would otherwise have taken several life-times to achieve.
Capoeira - A stylized dance practiced in a circle called the "roda", with sound background provided by percussion instruments, like the "agogo", the "atabaqui", etc. The "Berimbau" is a non-percussion instrument that is always used on rodas. Capoeira relies heavily on kicks and leg sweeps for attacks and dodges for defenses. It is not uncommon to not be taught any kind of hand strike of parry, though arm positioning for blocks is taught. The "ginga", the footwork of Capoeira, consists in changing the basic stance (body facing the adversary, front leg flexed with body weight over it, the other leg stretched back) from the right leg to the left leg again and again.
Capoeira also puts a heavy emphasis on ground fighting, but not grappling and locks. Instead, it uses a ground stance (from the basic stance, you just fall over your leg stretched back, flexing it, and leaving the front leg stretched ahead), from which you make feints, dodges, kicks, leg sweeps, acrobatics, etc. Hand positioning is important but it's used only to block attacks and ensure balance, though street fighting "capoeiristas" use the hands for punches.
When fighting, it is rare to stop in one stance, and in this case, you just "follow" your opponent with your legs, preventing him from getting close, or preparing a fast acrobatic move to take advantage when he attacks. The rest of the time, you just keep changing stances, feinting, and doing the equivalent of boxing "jabs".
Escrima - Filipino styles normally classify attacks not by their weapon, or their delivery style, but by the direction of their energy – for example, a strike to the head is usually analyzed in terms of "a high lateral strike." A punch to the gut is treated much the same as a straight knife thrust to that region would be. Students learn how to deal with the energy of the attack, and then apply that knowledge to the slight variations that come with different lengths and types of weapons.
Filipino arts place great emphasis on footwork, mobility, and body positioning. The same concepts (of angles of attack, deflections, traps, passes, etc.) are applied to similar situations at different ranges, making the understanding of ranges and how to bridge them very important. The Filipinos make extensive use of geometric shapes, superimposing them on a combat situation, and movement patterns, to teach fighters to use their position and their movement to best advantage. Some styles emphasize line-cutting (a la Wing Chun), while some are very circular (like Aikido). Some like to stay at long range, some will move inside as soon as possible. These differences are hotly debated, as are most things, but they all work differently for different people.
Most Filipino arts, but Kali in particular, stress the importance of disarming an opponent in combat. This is not usually done gently, but by destroying an attacking weapon (break the hand, and the stick will fall.)
Hwa Rang Do - Hwa Rang Do is a combination of UM (soft/circular movement) and YANG (hard/linear movement). The Mu Sul (martial aspects) of Hwa Rang Do can be further explained in four distinct - though interconnecting - major paths of study.
Deals with developing, controlling, and directing one's Ki, or internal energy force, through breathing and meditation exercises in conjunction with specific physical techniques.
Wae gong includes more than 4000 offensive and defensive combative applications. Combining elements predominantly tense and linear in nature with those soft and circular, these techniques mesh to form a natural fighting system. This phase includes full instruction in all hand strikes and blocks (trapping and grabbing as well as deflection applications, using the hands, wrist, forearm, elbows, arms and shoulders), 365 individual kicks, throws and falls from any position and onto any surfaces, human anatomical structure as it pertains to combat applications (knowing and utilizing the body's weak points to effectively control the opponent, regardless of their size), joint manipulation and breaking, finger pressure-point application, prisoner arrest, control and transport, grappling applications, forms, offensive choking and flesh-tearing techniques, defense against multiple opponents, breaking techniques, counter-attacks, and killing techniques.
Moo Gi Gong
Involves the offensive and defensive use of the over 108 traditional weapons found within 20 categories of weaponry. By learning these various weapon systems, the practitioner can most effectively utilize any available object as a weapon as the situation demands.
Is the study, development, and control of the human mind in order to attain one's full potential and mental capabilities. Techniques are taught to achieve an increase in one's total awareness, focus, and concentration levels. Included are instruction in :controlling one's mind; development of the "sixth sense"; memory recall; the study of human character and personalities; practical psychology; visualization; the art of concealment and stealth as utilized by special agents (Sulsa); as well as advanced, secretive applications. Hwa Rang Do teaches both the martial art (mu-sul) and healing art (in-sul). If one is able to injure or worse, then he/she should know how to heal as well, once again maintaining harmony through balance of opposites. First aid applications, revival techniques are taught in conjunction with the traditional full studies of acupuncture, Royal Family acupressure, herbal and natural medicines, and bone setting.
Judo - Judo is practiced on mats and consists primarily of throws (nage-waza), along with katame-waza (grappling), which includes osaekomi-waza (pins), shime-waza (chokes), and kansetsu-waza (armbars). Additional techniques, including atemi-waza (striking) and various joint locks are found in the judo katas. Judo is generally compared to wrestling but it retains its unique combat forms. As a daughter to Jujutsu these techniques are also often taught in Judo classes.
Because the founder was involved in education (President of Tokyo University) Judo training emphasizes mental, moral and character development as much as physical training. Most instructors stress the principles of Judo such as the principle of yielding to overcome greater strength or size, as well as the scientific principles of leverage, balance, efficiency, momentum and control.
Jujutsu - The style encompasses throws, locks, and striking techniques, with a strong emphasis on throws, locks, and defensive techniques. It is also characterized by in-fighting and close work. It is a circular, hard/soft, external style. Training: Practical with a heavy emphasis on sparring and mock combat.
There are many, each associated with a different "school" (Ryu). Here is a partial list:
- Daito Ryu
- Danzan Ryu
- Shidare Yanagi Ryu
- Hokuto Ryu
- Hakko Ryu
- Hontai Yoshin Ryu
- Sosuishi Ryu
- Kito Ryu
- Kyushin Ryu.
A more modern addition to this list is "Brazilian Jujutsu" or "Gracie Jujutsu", so named because of its development by the Gracie family of Brazil. Gracie/Brazilian Jujutsu (or GJJ/BJJ as it has come to be known on rec.martial-arts) has a heavy emphasis on grappling/groundfighting.
Krav Maga - The Krav Maga is not an ecletic martial art system, rather, it was developed with the perception that the classic martial arts were lacking various elements. The defense needs in the eras that the classic martial arts were developed were different than those of today. New unique techniques for defense against pistols, guns and hand grenades were considered needed, and therefore developed.
Krav Maga has no katas or specific sequences that must be followed. Students use the basic moves in conjunction with any one of a number of other moves to fend off an attack, the key idea being adaptability to new situations through improvisation. Emphasis is put on speed, endurance, strength, accuracy and co-ordination especially for intensive Krav Maga training.
Kung Fu - Styles of Kung Fu encompass both soft and hard, internal and external techniques. They include grappling, striking, nerve-attack and much weapons training.
Ninjutsu - Terms like "soft/hard", "internal/external", linear/circular" have been used to describe ninjutsu by many people. Depending upon the perspective of the person, it could appear to be any one, all or even none of the above. It is important to remember that the term "ninjutsu" does not refer to a specific style, but more to a group of arts, each with a different point of view expressed by the different ryu. The physical dynamics from one ryu to another varies - one ryu may focus on redirection and avoidance while another may charge in and overwhelm.
To provide some kind of brief description, ninjutsu includes the study of both unarmed and armed combative techniques, strategy, philosophy, and history. In many Dojos the area of study is quite comprehensive. The idea being to become adept at many things, rather than specializing in only one.
The main principles in combat are posture, distance, rhythm and flow. The practitioner responds to attacks in such a way that they place themselves in an advantageous position from which an effective response can be employed. They are taught to use the entire body for every movement/technique, to provide the most power and leverage. They will use the openings created by the opponents movement to implement techniques, often causing the opponent to "run in/on to" body weapons.
- Spiritual refinement aiding in the complete control over emotions and feelings
- Rudimentary empty hand combat system of martial art using body movements that are described as an empty-hand combat skill or system
- Developed methods of adapting everyday objects into throwing weapons. The art itself is typically quite secretive, as shurikenjutsu gains its tactical advantage by using stealth and surprise. Shuriken are small and easily concealed, yet they have the versatility of being used as a stabbing weapon at close range (called shoken if used in this manner), as well as a longer range thrown weapon
- The use of firearms, gunpowder and explosives especially by Ninja. The history and mythology surrounding ninjutsu and kayakujutsu are similar to the history of chemistry and the mythology surrounding Alchemy. Thus kayakujutsu mysticism refers to elements like the Earth (Chi) to develop Fire (Kaji) just as alchemy referred to elements just as air, earth, fire and water.
- The ability mimic a person perfectly or play a role much like an actor does through impersonation. A ninja had to appear either as a priest, samurai, merchant, craftsman, performer, puppeteer, or farmer. To accomplish this, the ninja was a well studied sociologist, observing people in other towns for long periods of time until, just like actors, ninjas could blend into the crowd.
- Crafted form of entering rooms and stealth.
- Artistry of escapology and concealmen
- Carried out by using the forces and motion of an opponent and redirecting them, instead of opposing them. Joint locks are common within the range of techniques, using momentum to defeat ones adversary. Which allows for a level of reserving energy as very little physical strength or force is needed. The non-resistance Martial Arts technique is defensive in nature. It teaches its practitioners how to react to any kind of attack, usually by throwing or subduing the attacker through the application of pressure to vital bodily joints or points.
- Combat Utility Belt (CUB) - Meticulously engineered by the Knightfall Ninja himself the belt is relatively complex: a Military style Kevlar strap with a Omnium metal buckle, the belt houses twenty cylinders which vertically clip to the outside of the belt. There are pockets between the cylinders, as well as hidden pockets on the inside of the belt used for housing an orchestra of munitions. The cylinders house different tools for various assignments. In cases of extreme measure Quintus tirelessly upgrades the compartments contents. He has an uncanny ability to have exactly what he needs when he needs it through methodical research of not only his enemies, but his allies as well. Quintus employs several prototype belts for specialized missions. The capsules are locked through a unique device that only the Living Weapon knows how to circumvent.
- Shuriken: Or, boomerang based throwing blades made to resemble a crescent moon. Alternate versions of this weapon explode, emit electrical blasts, and sometimes come with detonators.
- Grapnel: Quintus can use this to grapple onto high locations or can grab hold of a criminal by directing it at him, he sometimes uses it to catch run-away street thugs that cannot put up a fight against him.
- Gas Mask: This is used to protect the Perennial Polymath from dangerous fumes and other airborne chemicals. This fits over the bottom half of the mask.
- Re-breather: Allows Quintus to breathe underwater or in a vacuum
- Night Vision Goggles: Grants the Knightfall Ninja the ability to see in dark or dim-lit areas. It also grants him the ability to view the infrared spectrum. Now built into his mask
- Sonar: Used in his mask to locate criminals.
- Tracers: Small black circle shaped signal tracers that can adhere to most if not all surfaces.
- Communicators: Communicates with different members of the Knightfall family and also with other allies using closed-circuited signals.
- Lock Picks: A sophisticated assortment of safe-cracking tools.
- Cuffs: Special cuffs that only few enemies and heroes can break out of. The Living Weapon can quickly lock a enemy to a pole or deliver him to the police.
- Bolas: Throwing Bolas for incapacitating an enemy.
- Smoke Grenades and Pellets: Can be used for stealth techniques, distract an enemy, escape a situation, or buy time to plot the next course of action.
- Sonic Grenades: These disrupt electronics and disorient enemy hearing.
- Flash Grenades: This gadget is used to temporarily blind enemies.
- Mini-Mines: Mines that can fit in any small area or used as low-grade explosives during combat.
- Thermite Explosives: Capable of burning through most materials.
- Plastique: Small exploding devices that have a timer or detonator switch to activate.
- Brass Knuckles: Used to engage an enemy with more force behind his blows.
- Tactical Knife: Capable of cutting through nearly any source of durable material.
- Mini-Computer: Carries two of these. One is located in his utility belt and another is located in his left arm. It appears as a virtual computer that he can contact other heroes or find out strategic areas in certain places.
- First Aid Kit: Used to aid in treating wounds. Mortimer normally uses this to tend to his master's wounds.
- Forensics Kit: The Knightfall Legacy keeps two of these, one in his utility belt and the other in his vehicles.
- Finger-Light: A micro-fuel-cell powers this rechargeable light, capable of being worn on any finger of the Knightfall's choosing. Red, infrared, and white redial LED's provides precision focus, or wide angle collimated 12,000 micro-candela beams via touch sensitive fingertip control