Alias: The Gothic Knight - The Emerald Knight - The Verdant Knight - The Emerald Enigma - The Emerald Eagle Eye -The Emerald Archer - Paragon of Power - The Paragon - Pyro - The Apex Archer - Guardian of Gothic - Savant of the streets.
Birthplace: United States
Relationship Status: Single
Equipment and skills
Since having his X-Gene vehemently stripped from his genetic code by Charlemagne during an ambush in Britain after visiting his dear friend known as Abigail, Kurt returned to the United States with the desire to valiantly continue his heroic crusade regardless of the loss of his powers, priding himself on being able to adapt to any and all situations. Upon returning to the United States Kurt quickly located and initiated talks with Anthony Stark regarding the acquisition of some specialized weaponry wanting to make sure he was adequately prepared to tackle heroic life even without his once prized and vaunted powers. Trying to talk with Stark and negotiate his way into being bestowed these desirable weapons, he used his past affiliation with the almost clandestinely kept government initiative known as The Blacklist as a persuasion technique. Luckily, Anthony did not only agree to helping the Gothic Knight but in turn, he offered the Guardian of Gothic something which he had never anticipated.
Without Kurt's knowledge (due to his friendship with her) Stark had recently kidnapped Antonia and temporarily confiscated a book known as the Palabra Del Dios, this book contained an overwhelming magnitude of knowledge written by the now deceased A-Lister know as Andres Knightfall and most specifically, it contained the secretive information on how to synthesize the unique metallic compound known as Trion. Utilizing his extensive resources and his personal understanding of science Stark was successful in flawlessly recreating the almost inimitable compound, although he did not create a large quantity of the substance and wholly respecting it's exclusivity. Supplementing the compound with his own technology, Stark awarded Kurt a sum of Trion and Stark-Tech personally tailored to perfectly compliment the young archers natural aptitude and inclination to use the bow. The majority of the technology being allocated to him being a numerous number of exotic arrows with an extensive array of versatile "trick" arrows to combat the more unorthodox foe. His standard armor was also recreated and reinforced out of Trion due to the compounds uncanny durability and energy absorption properties making it the ideal material for his dangerous lifestyle.
The majority of arrows the which he now possess are stored within his specially crafted bow in a liquid Trion state for ease of access, upon drawing on the strings of the bow the liquid Trion would instantly be released and transform itself into a solidified state ready to be fired. This reaction happens without delay and allows Kurt to rapidly fire arrows without having to actually withdraw an arrow from the standard method of using a quiver, the only prerequisite being he pulls upon the string. Although, in case his bows internal stores of Trion have been depleted the Paragon does possess a numerous amount of collapsible arrows which can perform exactly the same functions as the other arrows, only these are telescopic and start of in a solid state.The following arrows are the items which have been gifted to Kurt:
Arrows not Trion based are indicated with a *
- Standard arrows: The standard arrow which the Emerald Archer possesses within his versatile armory and is mostly used to combat any threats due to the eerily sharp potency of the Trion compound they are crafted from. Being nigh-indestructible due to their nature being nearly or as strong as adamantium while having the shock absorbing capabilities of vibranium it would take a considerable amount of impact to shatter or even bend these arrows. Theoretically these arrows should be able to penetrate into virtually anything which is incapable of resisting their sharpened points to an atomic degree. Due to the rarity of the arrows they have been produced with a function to atomically deconstruct themselves after a short period of five minutes, meaning the compound does not fall into unwanted hands (although his process can be halted via a command from Kurt's bow) all of Kurt's arrows have a variety of interchangeable arrowheads, these include:
- Single point arrowhead: A single sharpened point which are mostly used to penetrate and go cleanly through an opponent. Most uses for these arrows could seem inconsequential due to them not actually being as dangerous as a broadhead and do not give any added benefit. The only reason Kurt would use these arrows against an opponent is to lessen the damage (as a Broadhead would usually cause life threatening harm) or for a more subtle kill or attack due to the quick entry and exit wound leaving less of a trail.
- Broadhead arrowhead: These are triangular shaped arrowheads and are mostly commonly used throughout history in wars and habitually preferred by hunters throughout the world. The function of these deadly arrows are to traumatically deliver a wide cutting edge as to kill an opponent as quickly as possible by cleanly cutting or severing major blood vessels and causing further internal trauma and bleeding within the target until the arrowhead is removed. Although, due to the Trion properties of the arrow they can easily pass through a target and the secondary damage potentially inflicted (the arrow being stuck in a body) is averted.
- JUDO tipped arrowhead: These arrowheads have a four pronged tip which are designed to penetrate into an opponent and not leave, but embed themselves into an opponents body and stop them escaping through a metal line being attached to the back of the arrow and the bow. An electrical current can be run through the electrical line in an attempt to electrocute an attacker who is stronger than usual.
- Fragmentation arrows: Considerably more dangerous and malicious in thought, these arrows are made from the same Trion compound found internally stored within Kurt's specialized bow and upon departure from his weapon are instructed to deceptively take the appearance of a standard straight arrow being nothing out of the ordinary...Yet, upon command (via a trigger mechanism found upon Kurt's bow) or once physical contact has been exerted onto the arrowhead they would explode and fragment into a plethora of deadly Trion-Shrapnel in all directions capable of totally annihilating even the strongest and most durable opponent with hundreds of miniature lacerations and punctures in under a second, rendering them torn apart from the inside out with only a single shot. These arrows are used against opponents of considerable durability and the Verdant Knight is reluctant (even in his depowered state) to brutalize an enemy with such animosity unless the situation warrants it.
- Flechette arrows: As per usual, upon departure from Kurt's bow these arrows look like the standard straight arrow posing no abnormal harm to an opponent. However, during flight these arrows are capable of dividing into dozens of miniature flechettes capable of dousing a large area with a single shot. Each flechette upon division travels at supersonic speeds (due to the bows powerful shot) and even a single cut could render an opponent defeated due to the forces imparted. The Gothic Knight customarily opts to using these arrows against multiple opponents or enemies who are far more agile than himself, or when he has the element of surprise and does not want to miss an ambush opportunity. Due to the flechettes being made from the hardened metal known as Trion, each blade is capable of cutting through even the strongest earth metals with effortless resistance.
- Energy absorption arrows: These arrows are capable of utilizing the energy absorption properties of Trion to render opponents significantly weaker upon contact or being near the presence of the metallic substance. These are strategically used against opponents who are not purely physical and rely on metaphysical, or ethereal means of existence and may be harder to combat. They are also capable of reducing the thermal energy of an object and rendering them frozen, or attempting to freeze the target if required during combat (by "stealing" the heat from an opponents body).
- Pressure arrows (These pressure arrows written by Impero): These Trion arrows rapidly envelop the target in a specialized, spacial isolating field, specifically separating the enveloped target from the Earth's atmospheric pressure. As a result, the liquid that consists of seventy percent of the contents in the human body fails to remain in its liquid state, causing exponential expansion until the formation of water vapor. This violently causing severe internal swelling throughout the body, painfully swelling said target to approximately twice their body size. The swelling however, is insufficient to burst the skin. The absence of the Earth's pressure in this specific field possesses additional effects. The lack of pressure causes the oxygen in the bloodstream to reverse-dissolve and escape from the blood causing hypoxia, rendering the cardiovascular system useless, and no oxygen would be delivered to the muscles and vital organs. The lack of pressure affects the nitrogen in the body as well. It causes nitrogen bubbles to form throughout the circulatory system, leading to excruciating joint pain, blockages in the arteries and veins, strokes and seizures by bubble formation in the brain, and heart failure should a bubble form in the heart. Difficulty in maintaining blood pressure would be an existent dilemma as well. The final effect due to the lowered pressure is the lowering of the boiling point for bodily fluids because the lower the pressure in an environment, the lower the boiling point will be for any liquid in said environment. The nonexistent pressure enables easier movement for molecules, requiring less thermal energy to transform the molecules of a liquid into a less dense gas. Due the complete absence of pressure within the momentarily materialized field, theoretically the boiling point for of a target's own blood would drop to the same as the standard human body temperature causing fluids to boil.
- *Sonic disruption arrows: These arrows are specifically crafted to disrupt an enemy by giving off a dual pronged sonic attack in the form of a very high pitched and intense noise which can cause harm to most of the superhuman population who are highly adept at hearing, this alone could render the standard human crippled due to the agonizing pain pulsing through their ears. The secondary noise is a very loud, and sudden sonic boom which alone could rupture somebody's delicate eardrum and cause disorientation and confusion towards an opponent. To confuse a vehicle which may be using sonar as a means to locate Kurt, Stark further gifted him arrows which can deceptively use a transponder located within the arrowhead to mimic a radar echo with a delay to indicate incorrect range thus making it harder for him to be tracked.
- *Electroshock (taser) arrows: These electroshock arrows are an elegant approach to incapacitating violent opponents who wish to cause Kurt harm without ever needing to opt to lethal measures. These arrows carry an electronic pulse which perfectly mimics the electrical signals used within the human body to communicate between the brain and the muscles which are responsible for moving. The arrows interfere with these electrical impulses in order to tell (or force) the attackers muscles to perform a great deal of work within a very short space of time, and yet, the electroshock does not direct the work to any particular movement. In consequence, the shock depletes the attackers energy reserves and potentially leaves them too weak to continue fighting. In effect causing their entire body to cramp and become ideally incapacitated. Kurt could potentially perform these attacks and turn them lethal via upping the bodily instructions to expend more energy than the body actually has in it's reserves, causing the target to die of exhaustion. They are usually used against opponents who pose a non-lethal danger to Kurt, or a lethal opponent who needs to be weakened. These arrows are not made from Trion and are simple but reliable Carbon fiber arrows stored within telescopic arrowheads.
- Thermally charged arrows: These Trion based arrows are able to fly through the air while their atomic structure frantically vibrates causing a rapid heating of the metal to degrees which is capable of burning through virtually any material on the earth. The thermal potency of these arrows is boosted by their energy absorption capabilities meaning they absorb the kinetic energy during flight and covert the energy into heat, rendering them thermally supercharged and extremely deadly. They are often used to burn holes through heavily armored opponents (and equipment/vehicles) with little to no effort.
- *Explosive arrows: Probably one of the most simple but effective weapons within the Emerald Archers expansive arrowed armory allowing him to fire an arrow which is lined throughout of the entire shaft (and the arrowhead is loaded) with an explosive substance capable of blasting through the strongest bank vaults doors. The amount of explosive can be decided upon command from his bow.
- *Adhesive/acid/corrosive arrows: These arrows upon contact with a surface are able to discharge an acidic or adhesive corrosive substance for numerous purposes. The corrosive properties of the acid are able to easily corrode through solid concrete while the adhesive substance is able to bind together things with a maximum limit of five tons before the adhesion fails. The adhesive is also able to be saturated with corrosive properties rendering it a sticky and highly volatile attack.
- Electrified Titanium/Trion alloy netting: A simple arrow yet effective trick arrow. These are used to ensnare an opponent within a titanium/trion alloy netting and averting them from causing harm to Kurt through non-lethal means. They are also able to give off an electric charge and further incapacitate an opponent. If the situation calls for it, Kurt would be able to activate a thermal supercharge and heat up the alloyed netting, causing vicious scolds and burns to an enemy which could potentially be fatal. The netting is almost unbreakable due to the Titanium/Trion compound used...Sadly, due to it being an alloy and not a pure for of Trion, it is breakable if enough force is exerted.
- Source particle arrows: These Trion based arrows were atomically infused with a large quantity of source particles during the process of creation allowing for them to fully tap into the potential of which lies within the realms of source particles and their versatile combat use. Anthony Stark personally gave Kurt these arrows with the selfish motive of watching them be field tested. The particles correspond to a signal attached inside of Kurt's bow and works via an instantaneous communication link to the bow and the arrows allowing them continuous a connection. The unique source particles are able to instantly alter the size of anything at a subatomic level with seemingly no restriction on what they can alter. By altering an items size they can exponentially increase or decrease an objects physical mass to scale without any adverse consequences to organic matter. They have also been known to interact with their surroundings and flawlessly mimic the effects of intangibility. The also have the capacity to disrupt most fields of energy and have even been known to infect an organic hope with an inorganic virus to cripple their biological systems. These particles are very elusive and it has always been hard for even Anthony Stark to analyse and understand how they work exactly. The only knowledge which has been deciphered thus far is they effect nearly anything at an atomic level (or the "source" level) to which everything is created, and with instruction, these particles have limitless potential. Kurt is often seen using these Source Particle infused arrows to attack an enemy who may be hiding through a wall or he does not have clear access due to obstruction. They are quite possibly the deadliest arrow which Kurt possesses within his extensive armory.
- *Smoke screen/flash arrows: These arrows are simply a way for Kurt to escape and evade from an enemy without causing harm to himself or any onlookers. Upon detonation an emerald smoke screen is emitted which clouds the area in a thick haze of mist until it dissipates from the air after around fifteen or so minutes after being used. The arrows are also capable of sending out a vividly bright flash of light in all spectrum of light intended to temporarily blind/disorientate a normal human, this is also used to wreak havoc with unprotected visual devices (such as cameras) which are unable to adjust to the sudden brightness. The flash is often accompanied by a loud bang which in itself does not cause any harm to anybody, but can turn be used as a further distraction. These arrows are made from simple carbon fiber (stored within telescopic arrowheads) and are not intended to be lethal, hence being blunt and not actually capable of harming anybody (although, the sudden flash of light does emit a type of heat which could potentially burn or scold a target).
Kurt's technologically crafted bow was made by Anthony Stark to enable him to function in combat without the aid of his powers. The bow is made from an unknown metallic compound which Anthony Stark uses for his suits and has been made compatible to internally store a copious amount of Liquid Trion enabling Kurt to quickly access his arrows the instant he pulls back on the string. The specific functions of this bow;
- An inbuilt 360* degree radar scanner which is able to detect foreign threats and comprehend if they would hold a probable harm to the bows wielder. Upon detection of a possible threat, the bow would alert Kurt to the foreign object allowing him a chance to evade. Due to the radar working with electromagnetic waves which are naturally going at near light-speed the detection of objects is nearly at instant speeds.
- The bow is able to continually communicate with the arrows during their transit through the air and even after they have fallen onto the ground, this enables trick arrows such as explosives to be detonated from a safe distance.
- All arrows (unless instructed otherwise) are fired from the bow at supersonic speeds.
An eye-mask crafted by Anthony Stark for the Gothic Knight, made of an ultra-durable flexible substance which is virtually unbreakable due to it's tensile flexibility. The mask enables Kurt to see things in a full range of the EM Spectrum enabling him to see opponents who may be hidden from plain view by items of obstruction or dust. Kurt often uses the X-Ray vision to locate targets inner areas and fire at specific organs to impair etc... The mask works through thought, enabling Kurt to quickly switch between visual modes. It is also able to communicate with his bow and "mark" targets and select who may be the most dangerous, and can automatically mark strategic points of focus during battle. The mask inadvertently defends Kurt against airborne attacks which may try and inter his body through his eyes, or stop the effects of CS and Pepper spray gas.Kurt's Trion gauntlets store an extensive array of technology to combat foes who may possess super human status, these include; an inbuilt wrist blade,
miniature flame thrower, metal cabling to tie up opponents (can also be electrified), Trion bullet shooter, stores miniature coin explosives, intoxicating gas emitter (able to render most humans unconscious.
This one of a kind item was gifted to Kurt by the Supreme Chancellor during a brief period of imprisonment within Venezuela, crafted to enable Kurt to utilize his abilities without adverse effects. Once placed upon anybodies finger (regardless of species) the ring is able to exponentially boost the wearers abilities, a normal human would be granted peak human stats for example. For the Emerald Knight, it was able to stabilize his powers until he finally learnt to use them himself without external aid.Not currently being used.