Even if you stumble, you’re still moving forward
Name: Kurt Pendragon
Alias: The Gothic Knight,
The Emerald Archer, Verdant Knight, Paragon of Power, Apex Archer, Commissioner Pendragon
Occupation: Residing within the League of Shadows
Relationship Status: Single
The Paragon of Power...
The previous Kurt Pendragon had been weak, flickering like a delicate flame in the harsh winds, simply awaiting for the next tragedy to bring pain upon his jaded soul once more. It was not until his apparent death, at the hands of his age old foe, Charlemagne, that he had been enlightened that it was required to purge his weaknesses from his system. Kurt had indeed been slain by Charles, yet he did not die... At least, not in the conventional manner.
Since the emergence of his abilities within Venezuela so many years ago, it was discovered that the Emerald Archer was imbued with an immeasurable amount of raw, undifferentiated energy within his body. This energy was so vast, and unlimited, that Kurt has often gone many weeks without eating a single meal, nor sipping a drop of water. It was later discovered by the illustrious Doctor Steele's daughter, the Brainchild, that Kurt's mutation allowed him to access a dimension of pure energy.
The nature of this energy, and the reason for it's existence remained a quaint mysterious, and yet, it radiated through him, capable of sustaining his very life force and essence, as a being of pure energy, when warranted. It allowed him to go without food, water, or sleep for many weeks on end, and even heal himself from physical wounds. He was a conduit for a boundless amount of raw power and strength..
...And yet, he squandered that merely using a bow and arrow.
Until he died, until Charlemagne baptized Kurt in the pit of death.
He was reborn; but not on earth. Not within the confines of the known universe, even. Rather, the dimension of energy. Sucked into an endless void of nothingness and forced to experience an entire years worth of imposed meditation. In the real world, back in the memorable, gritty streets of Gothic where he had been slain, a single minute had past.
Somehow, he was found by the unlikeliest of saviors. Raysh Al Shaytan. An old friend, as thanks, the Gothic Guardian joined the league of Shadows... But he felt lost. Within the dimension of energy, he had power -- Far more powerful than ever before, he felt it pulsing through his veins. And then... Upon opening his eyes, and seeing the sight of the real world once more, he was back to his former self. His weak, self.
Striving to regain his lost power, the Gothic Knight spent weeks, months meditating once more, studying ancient scrolls and esoteric books, consolidating all which he had learnt through his life. Until he came to a staggering realization. He had to die once more.Seeking his savior once more, Kurt was willing to sacrifice his all to attain the lost power. And if death were the bride to be, then the Devil's Favorite Demon, Raysh'Al Shaytan, would ordain that glory upon him, and gift Kurt true immortality, the gift of death.
Kurt awoke back in the leagues monastery after the deathly ordeal. At first weak, he had thought it a failure. But soon after, he felt the change. Reborn, and gifted abilities which had always been a mere inch from his grasp, the Gothic Knight was truly the Paragon of Power once again. He was a new, better man. Although the year alone in the dimension had scarred his psyche, growing far more quieter and reserved than ever, having to relearn lost social skills.
Although he would also have to learn to handle new power and construct new techniques. His strength, amplified by untold amounts, no longer limited by his previous strength limit of five tons, the Gothic Knight is now capable of seizing and manhandling items of around twenty five tons with extreme ease, his speed and perception times have also been vastly improved, capable of supersonic combat speeds, and hyper-sonic perceptions, watching the world in slow motion. Kurt is also gifted with the ability to never succumb to physical exhaustion no matter how hard, or long, he trains or fights. Potentially, allowing him to track enemies, and then fight them for weeks on end, without break whatsoever.
He has gained newfound powers, such as the ability to conjure far more complex, and surreal constructs, he had the ability to control each and every atom within his body and move them to a desired location, similar to teleportation. This is done via weakening his molecular bonds which hold his body and items upon him until he becomes a gas, and then re-solidifying in a desired destination good as new. He becomes a green midst when this happens, and it heals him from all damages.
Field of vitality
Upon reawakening, Kurt discovered his forcefield had changed as he trained with League members. Normally, it is an extension of his energy abilities permeating through his physical body, the light forcefield radiated approximately just off of the edge of his skin, no more than a millimeter. Emitting a faint green glow when flying, but typically unnoticeable, the forcefield usually envelopes his body as a type of autonomic response to danger. However, it has changed. It does no longer help defend him from physical and even psychic harm, it now alerts him, as a form of danger sense, to threats (to a limit of 10 meters). It is completely undetectable and is unable to be turned off even by thought, it allows Kurt to sense everything which resides within 10 meters of his body and instantly alerts him to incoming danger, however, it does not act as a form of stereotypical precognition, it alerts him after the fact, not before. Although, used in conjunction with his crude teleportation, it can stop most threats. Also, the forcefield is also able to stabilize Kurt to any environment no matter how harsh, for example, if he was within the vacuum of space, it would somehow protect him from the harmful radiation, the extremely low temperature, and speeding dust particles etc, likewise, within deep sea, it would protect him from the pressures and take in oxygen from the water, instead of needing oxygen from the air. In space, it fuels his cells with energy, not needing oxygen to breath.
Archery: Regarded as one of the globes most skilled archers, Kurt Pendragon is capable of using his bow and arrow in ways which seem impossible. Shots which baffle crowds and stun even the most intelligent scientists as his emerald arrows bypass the laws of physics time and time again even in the most high-pressured circumstances. Extensively trained and experienced in the antiqued ability of archery, the Gothic Knight is not only a peerless, superlative shot, his entire physiology through his abilities has slowly adapted to using the bow and arrow in the way a mind would create strong and stronger neurological pathways, this is through his internal energy shifting abilities slowly crafting each nerve, tendon, and muscle within his body to respond to wielding the bow was surgical care. There has been no scientific method to measure which hand Kurt prefers to use with the bow, able to his his left as good as his right, and his right as good as his left. His eyes (and arms) are also ambidextrous, having no preferred shooting eye, and can effortlessly switch from eye-to-eye. He is also able to forsake the standard forms, and can fire from virtually any angle, no matter how crude, in uncanny time.
Martial Arts Master: A highly distinguished and capable fighter, the Gothic Knight has forged himself into one of the world’s toughest and most experienced fighters over the years, following his arduous lifestyle. He had much experience, be it within Gothic City, evading an army and escaping Venezuela, or surviving in the Ronin's Rest. Kurt was trained by Andres Knightfall, and tutored by his brother, Quintus Knightfall, during his time in the League of Shadows. He has consolidated all of his training, for has truly become one of the worlds true elite.
Technology, and other equipment...
Through multiple friendships, ventures, and sources, the Gothic Knight has amassed an almighty armory which even some of the worlds top heroes would be jealous of. Stored underneath his personal estate within Gothic, and only accessible via authorization from his metal palm, it's largely secure from most threats save for forced entry. Housing weaponry built by the likes of the illustrious Andres Knightfall and even the infamous President Anthony Stark.
Trion arm: During an intense battle, the Gothic Knight lost his arm, and through the help of a friend and his own technology, he was able to construct himself a new limb. Trion is a metal, as strong as adamantium, and can absorb energy like vibranium. The arm is capable of sustaining and exerting around five tons of brute force, and gives Kurt an almost impenetrable barrier of protection against all caliber of gunshot. The arm was formed via a combination of technology derived by Anthony Stark and Andres Knightfall -- It also boasts the ability to thermally super-heat itself or discharge electrical currents to incapacitate opponents, or even, electrify the arm whilst punching. The arm’s forearm contains a compartment which houses a number of items, including an assortment of medical supplies, and can act as a radio, and other things as required.
Dual daggers: A close quarters weapon, used in conjunction with his abilities. These are constructed trion blades, thirty centimeters long and sharp enough to cut through nearly anything due to their makeup, they can be charged with electricity, heated up, anything which Kurt desires. The fighting style is very quick, going for instant kill shots with almost every strike. He was trained by the League of Shadows.
First and foremost, Kurt Pendragon has a variety of different arrows, these include;
- Standard arrows: The standard arrow which the Emerald Archer, these are far more deadly than usual arrows due to their eerily sharp potency of the Trion compound they are crafted from. Being nigh-indestructible due to their nature, nearly or as strong as adamantium whilst having the shock absorbing capabilities of vibranium, it would take a considerable amount of force to damage them. Theoretically these arrows should be able to penetrate into virtually anything, due to their infinitely sharp points. Due to the rarity of the arrows they have been produced with a function to atomically deconstruct themselves after a short period of five minutes, meaning the compound does not fall into unwanted hands (although his process can be halted via a command from Kurt's bow) all of Kurt's arrows have a variety of interchangeable arrowheads, these include:
- Single point arrowhead: A single sharpened point which are mostly used to penetrate and go cleanly through an opponent. Most uses for these arrows could seem inconsequential due to them not actually being as dangerous as a broadhead and do not give any added benefit. The only reason Kurt would use these arrows against an opponent is to lessen the damage (as a Broadhead would usually cause life threatening harm) or for a more subtle kill or attack due to the quick entry and exit wound leaving less of a trail.
- Broadhead arrowhead: These are triangular shaped arrowheads and are mostly commonly used throughout history in wars and habitually preferred by hunters throughout the world. The function of these deadly arrows are to traumatically deliver a wide cutting edge as to kill an opponent as quickly as possible by cleanly cutting or severing major blood vessels and causing further internal trauma and bleeding within the target until the arrowhead is removed.
- JUDO tipped arrowhead: These arrowheads have a four pronged tip which are designed to penetrate into an opponent and not leave, but embed themselves into an opponents body and stop them escaping through a metal line being attached to the back of the arrow and the bow. An electrical current can be run through the electrical line in an attempt to electrocute an attacker who is stronger than usual.
- Fragmentation arrows: Considerably more dangerous and malicious in thought, these arrows are made from the same Trion and upon departure from his weapon are instructed to deceptively take the appearance of a standard straight arrow being nothing out of the ordinary...Yet, upon command they would explode and fragment into a plethora of deadly Trion-Shrapnel in all directions .capable of totally annihilating even the strongest and most durable opponent with hundreds of miniature lacerations and punctures in under a second, rendering them torn apart from the inside out with only a single shot.
- Flechette arrows: As per usual, upon departure from Kurt's bow these arrows look like the standard straight arrow posing no abnormal harm to an opponent. However, during flight these arrows are capable of dividing into dozens of miniature flechettes capable of dousing a large area with a single shot. Each flechette upon division travels at supersonic speeds (due to the bows powerful shot) and even a single cut could render an opponent defeated due to the forces imparted.
- Energy absorption arrows: These arrows are capable of utilizing the energy absorption properties of Trion to render opponents significantly weaker upon contact or being near the presence of the metallic substance. These are strategically used against opponents who are not purely physical and rely on metaphysical, or ethereal means of existence and may be harder to combat. They are also capable of reducing the thermal energy of an object and rendering them frozen, or attempting to freeze the target if required during combat (by "stealing" the heat from an opponents body).
- Pressure arrows (Written by Impero): These Trion arrows rapidly envelop the target in a specialized, spacial isolating field, specifically separating the enveloped target from the Earth's atmospheric pressure. As a result, the liquid that consists of seventy percent of the contents in the human body fails to remain in its liquid state, causing exponential expansion until the formation of water vapor. This violently causing severe internal swelling throughout the body, painfully swelling said target to approximately twice their body size. The swelling however, is insufficient to burst the skin. The absence of the Earth's pressure in this specific field possesses additional effects. The lack of pressure causes the oxygen in the bloodstream to reverse-dissolve and escape from the blood causing hypoxia, rendering the cardiovascular system useless, and no oxygen would be delivered to the muscles and vital organs. The lack of pressure affects the nitrogen in the body as well. It causes nitrogen bubbles to form throughout the circulatory system, leading to excruciating joint pain, blockages in the arteries and veins, strokes and seizures by bubble formation in the brain, and heart failure should a bubble form in the heart. Difficulty in maintaining blood pressure would be an existent dilemma as well. The final effect due to the lowered pressure is the lowering of the boiling point for bodily fluids because the lower the pressure in an environment, the lower the boiling point will be for any liquid in said environment. The nonexistent pressure enables easier movement for molecules, requiring less thermal energy to transform the molecules of a liquid into a less dense gas. Due the complete absence of pressure within the momentarily materialized field, theoretically the boiling point for of a target's own blood would drop to the same as the standard human body temperature causing fluids to boil.
- Sonic disruption arrows: These arrows are specifically crafted to disrupt an enemy by giving off a dual pronged sonic attack in the form of a very high pitched and intense noise which can cause harm to most of the superhuman population who are highly adept at hearing, this alone could render the standard human crippled due to the agonizing pain pulsing through their ears. The secondary noise is a very loud, and sudden sonic boom which alone could rupture somebody's delicate eardrum and cause disorientation and confusion towards an opponent. To confuse a vehicle which may be using sonar as a means to locate Kurt, Stark further gifted him arrows which can deceptively use a transponder located within the arrowhead to mimic a radar echo with a delay to indicate incorrect range thus making it harder for him to be tracked.
- Electroshock (taser) arrows: These electroshock arrows are an elegant approach to incapacitating violent opponents who wish to cause Kurt harm without ever needing to opt to lethal measures. These arrows carry an electronic pulse which perfectly mimics the electrical signals used within the human body to communicate between the brain and the muscles which are responsible for moving. The arrows interfere with these electrical impulses in order to tell (or force) the attackers muscles to perform a great deal of work within a very short space of time, and yet, the electroshock does not direct the work to any particular movement. In consequence, the shock depletes the attackers energy reserves and potentially leaves them too weak to continue fighting. In effect causing their entire body to cramp and become ideally incapacitated. Kurt could potentially perform these attacks and turn them lethal via upping the bodily instructions to expend more energy than the body actually has in it's reserves, causing the target to die of exhaustion. They are usually used against opponents who pose a non-lethal danger to Kurt, or a lethal opponent who needs to be weakened.
- Thermally charged arrows: These Trion based arrows are able to fly through the air while their atomic structure frantically vibrates causing a rapid heating of the metal to degrees which is capable of burning through virtually any material on the earth. The thermal potency of these arrows is boosted by their energy absorption capabilities meaning they absorb the kinetic energy during flight and covert the energy into heat, rendering them thermally supercharged and extremely deadly. They are often used to burn holes through heavily armored opponents (and equipment/vehicles) with little to no effort.
- Explosive arrows: Probably one of the most simple but effective weapons within the Emerald Archers expansive arrowed armory allowing him to fire an arrow which can detonate with an explosion capable of blasting through the strongest bank vaults doors.
- Adhesive/acid/corrosive arrows: These arrows upon contact with a surface are able to discharge an acidic or adhesive corrosive substance for numerous purposes. The corrosive properties of the acid are able to easily corrode through solid concrete while the adhesive substance is able to bind together things with a maximum limit of five tons before the adhesion fails. The adhesive is also able to be saturated with corrosive properties rendering it a sticky and highly volatile attack.
- Electrified Titanium/Trion alloy netting: A simple arrow yet effective trick arrow. These are used to ensnare an opponent within a titanium/trion alloy netting and averting them from causing harm to Kurt through non-lethal means. They are also able to give off an electric charge and further incapacitate an opponent. If the situation calls for it, Kurt would be able to activate a thermal supercharge and heat up the alloyed netting, causing vicious scolds and burns to an enemy which could potentially be fatal. The netting is almost unbreakable due to the Titanium/Trion compound used...Sadly, due to it being an alloy and not a pure for of Trion, it is breakable if enough force is exerted.
- Source particle arrows: These Trion based arrows were atomically infused with a large quantity of source particles during the process of creation allowing for them to fully tap into the potential of which lies within the realms of source particles and their versatile combat use. Anthony Stark personally gave Kurt these arrows with the selfish motive of watching them be field tested. The particles correspond to a signal attached inside of Kurt's bow and works via an instantaneous communication link to the bow and the arrows allowing them continuous a connection. The unique source particles are able to instantly alter the size of anything at a subatomic level with seemingly no restriction on what they can alter. By altering an items size they can exponentially increase or decrease an objects physical mass to scale without any adverse consequences to organic matter. They have also been known to interact with their surroundings and flawlessly mimic the effects of intangibility. The also have the capacity to disrupt most fields of energy and have even been known to infect an organic hope with an inorganic virus to cripple their biological systems. These particles are very elusive and it has always been hard for even Anthony Stark to analyse and understand how they work exactly. The only knowledge which has been deciphered thus far is they effect nearly anything at an atomic level (or the "source" level) to which everything is created, and with instruction, these particles have limitless potential. Kurt is often seen using these Source Particle infused arrows to attack an enemy who may be hiding through a wall or he does not have clear access due to obstruction. They are quite possibly the deadliest arrow which Kurt possesses within his extensive armory.
- Smoke screen/flash arrows: These arrows are simply a way for Kurt to escape and evade from an enemy without causing harm to himself or any onlookers. Upon detonation an emerald smoke screen is emitted which clouds the area in a thick haze of mist until it dissipates from the air after around fifteen or so minutes after being used. The arrows are also capable of sending out a vividly bright flash of light in all spectrum of light intended to temporarily blind/disorientate a normal human, this is also used to wreak havoc with unprotected visual devices (such as cameras) which are unable to adjust to the sudden brightness. The flash is often accompanied by a loud bang which in itself does not cause any harm to anybody, but can turn be used as a further distraction. These arrows are made from simple carbon fiber (stored within telescopic arrowheads) and are not intended to be lethal, hence being blunt and not actually capable of harming anybody (although, the sudden flash of light does emit a type of heat which could potentially burn or scold a target).
- Power dampening arrows: Source Particles. Particles capable of almost any task given the correct programming, miniture nanites once used to disable Amaranth's intangibility. Often used by the Gothic Knight to dampen the abilities of foes, first developed to restrict Psyknight's abilities (which worked) the arrows are able to usually bypass an opponents immune system, and constantly adapt, disrupting their nervous system and hopefully dampening, or restricting access to a mutants X-Gene, regenerative factor, or a meta-humans powers.
- Cryogenic freeze Arrows: Arrows which fire and upon contact, emit a highly sticky substance which instantly freezes any target it is placed upon, capable of reducing the temperature of anything almost instantly, causing a body to freeze, thus incapacitating an opponent.
- Energy arrows: These arrows are constructs, made by Kurt, and can take the form of any other arrow in his armory, they are able to be directed during flight, and can effectively curve around surfaces and obstacles to target opponents.