By nszerdy 63 Comments
Alright, here we go!
The Theme of this contest is "Creepy Crawly". The goal is write, draw or photograph the creepy, dark, mysterious or eerie. You may write a short story, sketch an eerie image, or take a really good creepy photo! Please don't submit a novel (please 1,000 word max!) and no borrowed images allowed!
And the BIG prize is going to be appropriate to the "dark" aspect of this contest and it consists of 3 things
1. Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #162 signed by Jerry Robinson (Robinson is the co-creator of THE JOKER and the creator of Robin!)
2. Detective Comics # 660 signed by the creator of Bane, Chuck Dixon! (he drew Robin saying "UH OH." in case that pic is too small to read)
3. Batman # 496 (signed on July 2nd, 2011 in Miami, FL at the Florida Super Con) I put in $10.00 of my own money to get this issue signed by the co-creator of Poison Ivy, Mr. Sheldon "Shelly" Moldoff (He also created the original Batgirl, Batwoman, Matt Hagen (Clayface), Bat-Mite, Ace the Bat Hound (he's in Batman Beyond too!)...the list goes on! )
And in case you are sad that you did not win 1st there will also be a 2nd and 3rd prize for the runners up
2nd prize: Batman #546 (Joker app.)signed by Jerry Robinson
3rd prize: Detective Comics # 617 (" ") signed by Jerry Robinson
I will also include the flyers for you from each of the events I attended to obtain these signatures. I have worked rather hard at obtaining these signatures and I can personally vouch that all are 100% AUTHENTIC!
I just wanted to spread a little love by giving out a few from my rather large collection! Enjoy.
The Funny thing is he asked "Where do you want it signed!?" and I said "across the bottom is fine"----so he signed across Poison Ivy's "Bottom"! Haha---I love it!
- Only one entry per person. Using multiple accounts is cheating; all subsequent entries will be eliminated.
- No collaborations allowed.
- No borrowed images and no plagiarism please!
The Prizesee above. but as an additional note ALL 3 are in excellent condition (I am not a professional grader but you will not be disappointed!)
Post your entry in a comment to this thread. All entries must be received by July 10th 2011 by (9pm) EST. That's Florida Summer Time. I'm afraid I don't know what time that is around the World.
Good luck to all!