@vance_astro: Thank You
nick_hero22's forum posts
When did oni say 'the mk comics are canon' quote him saying this please? Or dl for that matter?
I cant tell here are you cherry picking what you want or are just ignoring it, but i. Quite certaun vance suggested we take certain liberties In the video game battle topic he made in the general forums where he explained himself to you 100 times....
Well pretty sure thats predator standard from first or second movie or earlier comics, looks cut and dry to me vs. Shao kahn whos always had strong magic.
Ehh not really when predators get killed by standard humans and guys with swords, no kahn absorbing billions of souls and taking on thunder gods are far more impressive then any predator, since you cant provide anything to which i ask that tells all i need to know. Again, common sense suggests kahn has clearly stolen many souls and used his magic over the centuries.
Proof that predators definitely have no soul? Cause the only things that dont have a spirit of some kind are pure evil creatures or that without any mercyful emotions or honor, last time i checked predators have honor, compassion and will not kill unarmed subjects. So yeah, not buying the whole 'predators have no soul or are empty' concept. And even if for some weird reason they dont, kahn has many other weapons at his disposal if a human with a bow and arrow, shotty etc can hurt or kill one. Shao kahn wont have much trouble either..
No, sindel was 'more cooperative' his words, she was still free to choose to side with kitana or not and didnt she even said kahn is the reason im here, also.
No. kahn isnt a sorcerer,hes a godlike emperor if a demon breed from outworld, we told you this already on your false claim that he was 'a human' plus he even states 'im weary of sorcerers quan chi' and reason why he didnt resurrect sindel himself is easy, cause she killed herself under the false myth that kahn couldnt invade earth under elder gods rules, which qc convinced kahn was baloni, the elder gods would question him if he did it hinself and admitted 'for a milenia her motives were a mystery'
K, first off i never said 'kahn wins due to tp' i said he has the power via magic, but would most likely souldrain or use his general abilities to take predator out. Secondly, ermac was created by kahn and forged by his magic and mind control. But last time i checked no predator was immune to magic....if so proof? Scans? Panel? Film proof?
I dont know how or why youve come to that conclusión but im pretty sure i didnt say that at all, i said mileena used shujinko for her own devious plot which failed btw, and kahn has so many followers so he doesnt need to use his magic on everyone, you realize hes god in outworld right? Very few oppose him much less are successful. As for his army, ever heard of expendable soldiers?
1) My mistake, I mean that he is now claiming they are non-canon.
2) The rules haven't been edited yet, so the original Battle Forum rules still apply.
3) Again, when has Shao Kahn's magic afforded him any wins over anyone note-worthy?
4) Ignoring context from the first two movies doesn't support your argument here. In the first movie, the Predator effortless slayed Dutch's comrades and severely beat him; and lost only because he missed the second trap Dutch had set. In the second movie, the Predator handed Mike his ass while he was shot several times in the abdomen with a shotgun and missing an arm up until he wounded Mike and he played possum to kill the Predator. How does any of this support Shao Kahn when we aren't using those Predators from the first two movies in the OP, and I love how you chose to ignore the skill feats I posted in order to continuous bring up two low out-context showings. Again, please address the evidence I have posted for the Predator, and not out-context showings. The Super Black Predators from the movie Predators are a different breed, so I don't see how they are relevant here.
5) Souls don't exist because the AVP Universe has no afterlife and is a hardcore Sci-Fi genre (meaning little to no mystical themes). Emotions are states of the brain, they have nothing whatsoever to do with a soul. Again, stop trying to use out-context showings. The bow and arrow only worked because the Predator couldn't see Dutch and Dutch also had traps set. I have posted scans of the Predator taking a rocket to the chest, and you have yet to address this feat or any other of numerous ones I have posted.
6) Sindel wasn't herself, which is why Kitana was trying to make her remember her previous life during their fight.
7) Why are you so dishonest? No one claimed that Shao Kahn was a human here, in the thread you speak of I was the one he stated that he was a god like Raiden and Lucifer after doing some more research myself. Why would the Elder Gods question him? And, as you saw in MK9 the Elder Gods really didn't care if Shao Kahn invaded Earthrealm or not.
8) Again, when has Shao Kahn's magic given him a win over anyone note-worthy? His general abilities aren't sufficient enough to take out Liu Kang let alone a Predator, and soul drain wouldn't work because the Predator has no soul.
9) That is pretty much what you stated, ", and alsi mileena used shujinko, notice he defeated her once he saw what she was up to in the storymode.". Again, why was Shunjinko needed to do something that Shao Kahn could have done from his toilet seat if he actually had telepathy?
Simple, because one oni nor darklord never said that the mk comics are canon, in fact oni just stated earlier that theyre not while quoting you saying two entirely different things pertaining to the predator canon vs not mixed universe.
Oni only posted that to show kahn can sense someone there via cloaked or not. Im also pretty sure vance explained this already that depending on the battle we can use outside sources regardless of canon if its pertaining to a characters specific power, which in this case no different with comics or games concerning mk characters.
Ok, your scans i checked and saw nothing showing a predator defeating someone on kahns level, meaning a magic user? Where and when has this happened?
Depends, in mks case earthrealm there are 'rules' however nothing says he cant conquering other realms, the guy has loads of spuls within him and is a key reason for his immortality so i dont think its a stretch to assume hes soul stealing in lots of matches. Lots of things in mk, a characters past are assumed due to lógic and common sense. You seem to question every little thing, ive noticed even obvious things. Thought weve been thru this concerning gaming characters doing things or having feats confirmed via a bio, reference or such off panel....example, raidens ancient feats and mk 4 ones werent shown on panel but still happened regardless.
Again, yes shao kahn was controlling sindel and submissive to him. Quan chi merely resurrected her, but she was clearly 'warped' into thinking kahns quest was justified and kahn confirmed this as she was loyal to his cause, where as before she killed herself....cause she hated kahn. Not to mention transferring shangs power which source wise is kahns amping her.
As for ermac, ive already explained this. When kahn created ermac he infused his power hold over him and ermac admitted this in deception saying 'he was free to choose his own path after kenshi freed him from shao kahñs control' ermac was created from kahns magic, thus under his control...
Because kenshi broke the link, kenshis sword is of ancient power that can speak to people and spirits, again ermac states he was free to choose his own path plus during that time kahn was weak and thus aided goro to prepare for an attack to regain control.
Because he didnt have to, and alsi mileena used shujinko, notice he defeated her once he saw what she was up to in the storymode.
1) He is claiming that they're non-canon now, but why did he try to use a scan for the comic books to address one of my points?
2) @vance_astro did you say this, "Im also pretty sure vance explained this already that depending on the battle we can use outside sources regardless of canon if its pertaining to a characters specific power"? That is only an ability that he has shown in the comic books, and like I said its meaning is completely ambiguous. The OP never specified what incarnation we are using, and the Battle Forum rules state that we use the most current canon incarnation unless stated other-wise.
3) The Predator has all around better feats in general! When has Shao Kahn's magic afforded him any note-worthy victories is my question?
4) There are no rules to my knowledge stating that Shao Kahn can't steal souls, the rules have to do with the merger of realms, not acts of violence between them. So, the only support for the claim that Shao Kahn would steal the Predator's soul is an assumption? The Predator has no soul, so I don't even see why that ability is pertinent here; but maybe you could address this argument better than Onilordasmodues, who didn't really understand my point and what exactly I was getting at.
"Dualism (Mind & Soul) might exist in the Mortal Kombat Universe, but it doesn't exist in the AVP Universe. The question you should be asking yourself is can Shao Kahn separate someone's conscious from their soul because if not which I believe the case to be since in order for Shao Kahn or Shang Tsung to access memories they need to take the soul first then there is no way for him to take the Predator's conscious since he has no soul to allow Shao Kahn access to his consciousness. Soul acts as a bridge to the consciousness, and if the bridge isn't there then how is Shao Kahn suppose to gain access to it?"
What I mean by separating someone's soul from their consciousness is can he split the two and utilize one without the other.
5) No, Sindel's subjugation had everything to do with her resurrection by Quan Chi, and if that was the case then why did he need Quan Chi at all? Shao Kahn is a sorcerer why couldn't he resurrect Sindel?
6) If Ermac subjugation had to do with his creation by Shao Kahn's hands then has does that lend credibility to the claim that Shao Kahn would use telepathy on the Predator or that Shao Kahn has telepathy at all?
7) So, you are telling me that Shao Kahn is incompetent enough to waste a vast amount of soldiers and resources to conquer a city that he could just use telepathy on and call it a day? In that case I would argue that Shao Kahn would retain that same incompetence in this fight, and therefore, choose not to use his "supposed" telepathy on the Predator.
@vaeternus: There is a couple of points I'm interested in you addressing here.
1) If the comics are non-canon why didn't you call out Onilordasmodeus for using a scan from the comic book to try to address my cloaking objection which failed to do because the scan's meaning is quite ambiguous in regards to how Shao Kahn obtains this information (spies, magic, omnipresence, and etc.) and Shao Kahn specifically states that this is only a condition in his realm Outworld. Neither did you call out Darklord_Apoc for alluding to abilities that Shao Kahn has only shown in the comic books. So, if you are so adamant about addressing the non-canon vs canon issue being raise here then why did you conveniently ignore what has already been posted from the MK comic books in order to issue a response to me (which I already agree that the comics are non-canon)?
2) Why haven't you guys posted a response to the scans I have posted to support my claims here in Comments #143, #156, and #166?
3) How often does Shao Kahn use his soul stealing magic in combat, and when has it afforded him any note-worthy wins?
4) What actual on-panel evidence is there to support the conclusion that Shao Kahn has telepathy? Sindel was under his subjugation do to her resurrection by Quan Chi's hands and it was never stated how Ermac became under his influence, and even if we do pretend as though that conclusion is valid we are left with some very important questions. 1) Why were Sindel and Ermac the only characters out of the entire Mortal Kombat Universe affected by his telepathy? 2) If Shao Kahn can only affect 2 characters out of a plethora of different characters from his Universe, why assume that he telepathy would have an effect on the Predator? 3) Why didn't Shao Kahn use his telepathy against his enemies and the rebel factions in the Mortal Kombat Universe? 4) After breaking free from Shao Kahn's influence with no telepathic blocks in place why wasn't Shao Kahn able to re-subjugate Ermac again?
Here in the video I'm posting Mileena is enlisting the help of Shujinko to help subdue the walled city Lei Chen which is actively rebelling against Shao Kahn. Why didn't Shao Kahn use his telepathy to subjugate them?
@vaeternus: Thank you dude. Lol! I LOVE that Shao Kahn intro. It is one of my all time favorite memories of the 90's.
Also, I just have to say...did you know that the Malibu MK comics are non-canon? I mean, it blows your mind huh? Here we are in EVERY MK thread, talking about how the Malibu MK comics are non-canon, and then @nick_hero22 comes in to let us know that..."guess what, the Malibu MK comics aren't canon". I mean, damn. We post examples of other series that have similar non-canon counter parts that people hold up as valid, all while acknowledging that the ones pertaining to MK are also non-canon, then Nick comes in and talks about the comics being non-canon, and so yeah...the Malibu MK comics are non-canon. Go figure?
Hell. The Battle Forum rules specifically say that the "most current, mainstream versions" of a character are what should to be used, yet people regularly go around using EU feats and lore to further bolster their agendas as well. I mean...what can you do. People are going to "dishonestly" stretch the boundaries where they can, and though you and I are up front when we talk about the non-canon sources that we site or pull from, others just do as they please and both enforce and follow the rules as they see fit.
Hey @nick_hero22. Didn't you say just say...
...but before you said...
...and then clarified that the novels are a part of the EU, and that...
So, just so I'm clear...The Predator novels exist in the "same continuity" as the "mainstream version," but are officially (or at least according to you) a part of the EU, and thus aren't actually a part of the mainstream version or same continuity. They are additions that lay outside of the "current mainstream versions" of the series, and thus shouldn't be taken into consideration when discussed on the Battle Forums. That is at least, if we want to stay consistent across the board right.
EU is apart of the same continuity as the movies, so you need to understand the meaning of EU (expanded universe) first before you call out any other user. The EU consists of everything (novels, comic books, games, and etc.) outside of the original movies or genre, but that doesn't some how make the EU non-canon. And, Vaeternus stated that all comics were non-canon. He didn't make that distinction like you are trying to do now when he made that comment.
@saren I am going to tag you in because they are throwing around insults now.
I believe it was posted somewhere (not on this forum) that the series would be picked up by Universal for another sequel since Riddick did pretty good at the box office.