When LucasArts pulled the plug on the EU recently, I was besides myself with nerd rage. I was livid. I felt like everything I knew had been ripped from me. The EU was the best part of Star Wars for me; it provided a framework for the movies and allowed me to immerse myself in a rich universe, that was just as big and real to me as the real one. It was my escape from the bullies and harshness of reality. All gone. However, their is a light in the darkness.
1. The EU was too big and had too many loose ends. Sometimes less is more.
2.The Clone Wars continuity was too muddled anyway, and their didn't seem to be enough time during the war for everything to happen.
3. The EU introduced way too many Order 66 survivors.
4. The Marvel comics were bizarre.
5. Their was no one cohesive canon.
6. Negation of the Chosen One prophecy with the return of the Clone Emperor.
7. The celebration on Endor was short-lived, as it took 15 more years before the war really ended.
8. A lot of Luke's early Jedi students went haywire.
9. The lame Darth names during the Legacy era and The Old Republic game.
10. The Ewoks tv series and movies which really aren't Star Wars-y.
11. Starkiller's over-the-top Force abilities.
12. The existence of an entire planet of Sith under everybody's noses.
13. The Killiks (waste of time)
14. Waru, nuff said
15. Durga and his Darksaber
16. Tons of super weapons that mimic or one-up the Death Star
17. The static of technology progression and the downright technological recessions.
18. THE HOLIDAY SPECIAL (yet this might be canon!!!!)
Things that will be missed.
1. The Solo kids/Ben Skywalker
2. Mara Jade Skywalker
3. Grand Admiral Thrawn
4. The Yuuzhan Vong
5. The Darth Bane trilogy
6. The entire Darth Plagueis novel
7. Vader's culling of Jedi.
8. DARTH REVAN
9. All the young readers written by Jude Watson.
10. Red Harvest
11. The origins of the Sith.
12. The mystique of the Celestials.
13. MARKA RAGNOS
14. Human Replica Droids-especially Guri ;)
15. Arkanian dragons
16. The mysterious force power Kinetite.