By Mattersuit 0 Comments
So, some of you may have seen my (Sideslash's) blog on swearing in the Dredd-Verse. I figured that I'd do one for my favourite 2000AD thriller, Sinister Dexter.
For those of you who don't know, Sinister Dexter is a duo of Finnigan Sinister, a foul-mouthed Irishman, and Ramone Dexter. The two of them are "gunsharks", or guns for hire. They can be hired to kill a target, to scare him, or to protect a target. Finnigan, particularly, often resorts to the alternative in Downlode City for swears.
First, the less offensive one;
- There is a clear distinction between good guns for hire, "gunsharks", and the cheap, poor ones, referred to as "gunmonkeys".
And now my personal favourite;
- Sinister's most commonly said word is "funt". I doubt I have to explain what this is an alternative, so I'll just give a few examples;
- (When Dexter is suffering nerve problems in his hands and fails to kill three "gunmonkeys") "Dex! Why the funt di'n't y'kill em?"
- (Confronting a former employer) "You funter."
- (When he and Dexter are pinned down by gunfire) "Funty funtin' funters!"
The last one is my personal favourite