Lvenger's forum posts
1. Like in the Justice League cartoon? Perhaps that could work. More of a focus on his mental, intangible and shapeshifting abilities could allow him to be in the film without surpassing Superman physically.
2. I like your Legion of Doom idea as well but I wonder whether they can get all the actors to play the roles. Although it would play well in the spin off films DC are doing.
I completely agree on the animation front. An animated Justice League film would be great to see in theatres. With Warner Bros backing them, DC have produced some brilliant animated projects. I've been meaning to write a blog on why animation is a better place for superheroes than live action. There are a couple of things I disagree with however:
1. Martian Manhunter - I know he's an integral League member and he's one of my favourites but if you think about putting a guy more powerful than Superman on the team, it kind of makes you wonder why the team hasn't stopped the threat already. Even if he can provide diversity, if the Justice League are to face a worthy challenge in their film, MM has to be left out of the line up.
2. No alien invasion - To the average movie goer, if the Justice League film goes down the alien invasion route, people will just say that it's copying the Avengers and that's a shame. DC's alien rogues gallery would have been great to see on the screen. Without aliens, the film will have to have another adversary. I was thinking maybe Felix Faust or Vandal Savage bringing about some ancient evil? In any case, the Justice League should face a terrestrial rather than an extra terrestrial threat
@MuyJingo: Ah you mentioned this before. Then allow me to provide a response to each of your points:
- Superior mind - You really haven't seen many post crisis feats for Superman's intelligence have you? Creating a paradise world during For Tomorrow, analysing the weak spots in an advanced Kryptonian battleship, the list goes on. Superman's not a slouch in the intelligence department. Bruce is more of a tactician but this isn't really a good enough point to explain why Batman beats Superman
- Psychology - A good point here. The battle in Hush is a good example. It should be recalled though in that fight that Batman admitted he couldn't stop Superman, just slow him down so Catwoman could get Lois. But this doesn't account for Superman's combat speed or reaction speed feats.
- Weaknesses - Again not a good point. Superman faces foes that attempt to use his weaknesses to beat him and still wins. In the Citizen Bane blog you're attempting to disprove, he provides an instance where Superman beats a Kryptonite covered Batman. As well as the Kryptonite Man, Lex Luthor's powered suit of armour and Metallo, Superman's beaten a variety of foes that use his weaknesses against him. Not a strong point here. Furthermore the only Kryptonite based weapon Batman has ever used against Superman in continuity is a kryptonite ring. Not really much when you look at this scan of Superman KOing Supergirl wearing said kryptonite ring. That wouldn't stop Superman for long
- Trap - Again you overlook Superman's speed. He can knock out an ordinary man with a flick of his finger. Batman is just a slightly enhanced human. Nothing special compared to Superman. If he were serious, Superman could KO Batman before he knew anything about it.
- Lead - Just because Superman can't see him doesn't mean he can't hear him or smell him. 'You may bring up the mask his heartbeat point' but when the Phantom Stranger appears to Superman, he says that "At least when Batman does it I'm not surprised" or something like that.
- Disguise - How's this going to help? You overlook his x-ray vision. And if Batman incorporated lead into his disguises Superman would smell a rat. So to speak.
- Nanotechnology - Which issues do you mean by this so I can give a proper response?
- Your last point is the only good one but skill only helps to some degree. Superman would have to be severely weakened for Batman to be able to KO him physically. And he'd never get that far.
Finally you've really overlooked Superman's speed. You can find plenty of examples of Superman's speed on here or the Internet. This is the one thing Batman has not prepared for so ultimately leads to his downfall. Batman's good with prep but not that good.
@TheAcidSkull: Ah but this was a sentient Doomsday from Superman #175. In this fight Doomsday had developed sentience and intelligence but as a result of that, he also feared dying again. Superman exploited that in the fight and defeated him for the second and last time. And there are plenty of scans across the Internet of Superman speedblitzing. That's the best and fastest way he can beat the Hulk without BFRing. Here's a link to those scans of Superman beating Doomsday again by the way: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/superman/165/what-issue-is-thisdoomsday-rex/648730/