Which is the best hulk feature length movie

Good tidings,

i decided to take a break form spider-man for one day to talk about the green Goliath that is the hulk. As we well know, the hulk has had two feature length films, Hulk and The incredible hulk. The Hulk made by Ang lee in 2003 was universally panned by critics, while the Incredible hulk received a lot more favorable reviews. This really perplexes me for a couple of reasons. Firstly i think that Ang lee film had much better actors imo. I thought that Eric Banna was great and the general Thunderbolt Ross was well really good compared to his counterpart in the the incredible hulk. Nick Nolty was really good to. I really got a feel of the struggle between Bruce Banner and the hulk. I also thought that the comic style splitting while slightly 1970's, was really good and reflected the comic book heritage of the film. And his father becoming absorbing man was a good twist for me, even if it wasn't exactly true.

I also thought that this version of the hulk (2003) was most consistent with the one in the comics. His feats were amazing, and well that's what the hulk is known for in the comics. Critics seemed to hate his leaps across the desert but considering that's how he travels, then i will and have said to them "shut up and read a comic before you run up your mouth". I also liked his ability to home in on his hometown, as he did in the comics. And they showed his advanced healing factor and his ability to run at super-human speeds. I mean that sequence was amazing with him running across the desert before leaping. The only thing about the film i didn't like was Betty. I thought she was a bit weak in acting terms.

Now for the incredible hulk. First off i thought that the hulk was under-powered and his feats paled in comparison to the hulk in 2003. I also thought that Norton was a less convincing banner than Eric Banna. He wasn't depressed enough. And also the film was a bit predictable- I mean we could all see the massive fight with the abomination coming right? The only thing i liked more was the special effects (not that amazing considering the film is more recent) and the fact that the hulk spoke and even then it was only "Hulk Smash!!!!" (YES IT WAS MEGA EPIC) and "Betty". His thunderclap was really good too i guess.

Of course this is only my opinion and would love your input

So which is better

YOU DECIDE

oh and by the way what do you think will be the hulk's role in the the new avengers movie.

Until next time farewell

14 Comments
14 Comments
Posted by Gambit1024

The Incredible Hulk (2008) was the best Hulk film, in my opinion.

While, yeah, Lee's Hulk did have a better cast, the script was awful. It seriously took 45 minutes for Banner to Hulk out for the first time. 45 minutes? I was asleep by that time with the extremely monotonous back story on Bruce's childhood. Was Bruce's childhood important? Sure, it gives us some sort of confirmation on what the character's really about, but at the end of the day, the movie's called HULK for a reason. I don't want to see a story about a depressed man who's got daddy issues. I want to see a story about the Hulk and him using his awesome power against an unbeatable foe whilst battling the Army. We got that in TIH.

In Hulk (2003), Hulk looked like a roided-up Shrek. Sorry if you liked the movie, but you can't deny it. The Hulk in TIH looks way better, and the way he transformed, you can tell it hurt. I didn't get that same feeling of pain watching Lee's Hulk.

Abomination in TIH was a much better villain that Nolty's Absorbing Man/Mr. Banner. Blonski's motive was simple: He felt that Banner was wasted potential, so he went ahead and wanted to be whatever Banner was suppressing. What was Mr. Banner's motive? Kill his son or something? Yeah, I don't buy it. And gamma dogs < everything else.

Something I will give Lee's film is that fight scene in the desert against the Army. It truly showed that Hulk was a forced to be reckoned with, but that film only had that ONE scene under its belt. TIH had three distinctive action scenes, and each one was much better than the last. He leaped, destroyed the Army, and obliterated Abomination while displaying some feats that outclassed quite a bit of feats displayed in Lee's movie.

Lastly, Lee tried to make his film artsy. Is he good at it? Sure he is, but is Hulk an artsy superhero? Absolutely not. Hulk is a superhero we all want to see lash out and defeat countless enemies. That's something we got from TIH (and I think they did a pretty damn good job at it).

As for your last question, I think Hulk will just be a muscle to the team. They've confirmed that he'll fight the Avengers, but they've also included that he'll have a "buddy" relationship to Hawkeye (just like EMH). I think Ruffalo's the worst pick for the Hulk/Banner so far, but that's all I'll say about that until after I see the movie. At least we still have Lou Ferrigno voicing the Hulk. The "HULK SMASH!" line from TIH was the best part of the film, and arguably the best part from all the other Marvel Studios films.

Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy

Incredible Hulk (2008) is easily the best.

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

I really like both films but Incredible was probably more fun

Edited by _Zombie_

Incredible Hulk. Gambit gave pretty good reasons, and I agree with them

@Gambit1024 said:

The Incredible Hulk (2008) was the best Hulk film, in my opinion.

While, yeah, Lee's Hulk did have a better cast, the script was awful. It seriously took 45 minutes for Banner to Hulk out for the first time. 45 minutes? I was asleep by that time with the extremely monotonous back story on Bruce's childhood. Was Bruce's childhood important? Sure, it gives us some sort of confirmation on what the character's really about, but at the end of the day, the movie's called HULK for a reason. I don't want to see a story about a depressed man who's got daddy issues. I want to see a story about the Hulk and him using his awesome power against an unbeatable foe whilst battling the Army. We got that in TIH.

In Hulk (2003), Hulk looked like a roided-up Shrek. Sorry if you liked the movie, but you can't deny it. The Hulk in TIH looks way better, and the way he transformed, you can tell it hurt. I didn't get that same feeling of pain watching Lee's Hulk.

Abomination in TIH was a much better villain that Nolty's Absorbing Man/Mr. Banner. Blonski's motive was simple: He felt that Banner was wasted potential, so he went ahead and wanted to be whatever Banner was suppressing. What was Mr. Banner's motive? Kill his son or something? Yeah, I don't buy it. And gamma dogs < everything else.

Something I will give Lee's film is that fight scene in the desert against the Army. It truly showed that Hulk was a forced to be reckoned with, but that film only had that ONE scene under its belt. TIH had three distinctive action scenes, and each one was much better than the last. He leaped, destroyed the Army, and obliterated Abomination while displaying some feats that outclassed quite a bit of feats displayed in Lee's movie.

Lastly, Lee tried to make his film artsy. Is he good at it? Sure he is, but is Hulk an artsy superhero? Absolutely not. Hulk is a superhero we all want to see lash out and defeat countless enemies. That's something we got from TIH (and I think they did a pretty damn good job at it).

As for your last question, I think Hulk will just be a muscle to the team. They've confirmed that he'll fight the Avengers, but they've also included that he'll have a "buddy" relationship to Hawkeye (just like EMH). I think Ruffalo's the worst pick for the Hulk/Banner so far, but that's all I'll say about that until after I see the movie. At least we still have Lou Ferrigno voicing the Hulk. The "HULK SMASH!" line from TIH was the best part of the film, and arguably the best part from all the other Marvel Studios films.

Posted by JediXMan

Incredible Hulk (2008) for me. I have a strong dislike for the 2003 Hulk movie.

Posted by Superguy0009e

2008 all the way. Better action, story, actors, EVERYTHING

Posted by The Stegman

i didn't like either..but if i had to choose...Incredible Hulk

Posted by PowerHerc

Liked 'em both, but the '08 one was better due to better special effects and a better villain. A couple of minor things that I preferred about the '03 Hulk was the fact that he was physically bigger and didn't look like he'd been rolling around in a dumpster ('08 Hulk looked dirty).

Posted by sandiego008

@PowerHerc said:

Liked 'em both, but the '08 one was better due to better special effects and a better villain. A couple of minor things that I preferred about the '03 Hulk was the fact that he was physically bigger and didn't look like he'd been rolling around in a dumpster ('08 Hulk looked dirty).

I agree w/ this ...

Posted by Mega_spidey01

incredible hulk 08 for me. i hate ang lee version of hulk

Posted by danhimself

Incredible Hulk was far better than Hulk....though I still want Hulk to talk more....I want to hear "HULK IS THE STRONGEST THERE IS!" and "HULK SMASH!" and "PUNY HUMANS"

Posted by CATPANEXE

Incredible since it wasn't all over the place, but I liked a lot of the supporting cast choices better in the earlier film.

But personal preference: Planet Hulk > the rest.

Posted by Daveyo520

The second one.

Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir

@CATPANEXE said:

Incredible since it wasn't all over the place, but I liked a lot of the supporting cast choices better in the earlier film.

But personal preference: Planet Hulk > the rest.

I'd say this or Hulk vs.