"In great silence, lies great arrogance"
Real Name: Santiago "Santi" Porthos
Aliases: La Espada, Espada, Black Viper, European Elitist, Martial Arts Madridista, Madrid Viper, Genio, Cosmopolitan Cobra, La Vibora Negra
Alignment: Ideal Hero-Byronic Hero Hybrid
Age: 31 (Ageless)
Weight: 226 lbs
Hair Color: Raven
Eye Color: Sapphire Blue
Birthplace: Madrid, Spain
Occupation: Interim CEO of Avalon, President of Knightfall Aeronautics, Caliburn, Dain Industries & Magitek (Subsidiaries of Avalon), Majority Owner/Chairman/CEO of the MFL, Business Mangate, Investor, Billionaire
Relationship Status: Single
Martial Arts Madridista
--Arguably the globe's most intelligent and analytical combatant, Santi's unending thirst for the development into the pinnacle of martial arts flawlessness contributed to his highly elusive elevation to one of the most technical combatants in modern times. Obsessively immersed in an eternal, relentless pursuit of martial arts perfection, the Spaniard has, through years of extensive combat training and the photographic cataloging of boundless fighting styles, meticulously molded himself into one of the world's deadliest combatants, harnessing a plethora of lethal skills that have brought about the elevation of his martial arts mastery to iconic pedigree.
With an insatiable thirst for combat perfection, Santi, with the aid of his advanced procedural memory's eidetic abilities has obtained a peerless quantity of knowledge regarding a multitude of forgotten combat forms and systems, ranging from fighting styles of esoteric comprehension to those that completely elude historical documentation. Additionally, his mastery of the entirety of the modern world's major fighting systems coupled with his mysterious skill in a variety of deadly combat arts lost to the sands of time have crafted him into one of, if not the world's premier fighter.
Due to his obsessive pursuit of martial perfection, the Cavalier Cobra's fixation with evolving martial artistry has led him into a path of unending refinement regarding the implementation of ancient martial arts into his wide array of combat skills. Pragmatic in his approach, the Madridista often discards unnecessary elements of his mastered combat forms, particularly those of ancient origins, preferring to forsake traditional forms and techniques in appreciation of added effectiveness. His innumerable repertoire of deadly martial arts almost entirely function without elements he has deemed 'outdated' and 'purposeless', molding his style into one with a more practical approach.
Though not a martial art in it's entirety, the Madridista has adopted an esoteric pressure point technique that can induce a multitude of unseen effects in the body ranging from causing organs to explode to inducing blindness, erupt the an adversary's cranium, burst their blood vessels, manipulate the nervous system, temporarily or permanently sever the body's chi's connection to their chakras in order to disrupt their physical abilities in particular. A fighter harboring an unparalleled Fight IQ, Santi is a savant in a diverse range of fighting styles e.g. Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Savate, Greco-Roman Wrestling, Clinch Grappling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Capoeira,Gatka, Wing Chun, Bak Mei, Musti-Yuddha, Shurikenjutsu, Ninjutsu, Hung Ga, Hung Fut, Kenjutsu, Pygmachia, La Destreza, Blood-Bending etc..--
Baile de La Vibora (Dance of The Viper) - Spear Fighting
'Baile de La Vibora' or 'Dance of The Viper' is Santiago's primary spear-fighting system, one that opportunistically combines the weapon's considerable reach, it's spear tip's penetrating ability, with the Black Viper's dexterous footwork and superlative physical rapidity to construct an armed fighting style of exceptional martial potency. A complimentary system of intricate principles that dictate that offensive and defensive capability are adjoined to the fighter's personal technical ability and martial philosophy, 'Baile de La Vibora' is prided by the Madridista as a style of admirable versatility and deceptive deadliness.
Thrusts, sweeps, slashing maneuvers etc. comprise the style's offensive techniques while incorporating nimble footwork and acrobatic twisting of the body while executing attacks. Integral to the fighting style is the development of Santiago's flexibility, internal and external strength, speed, and stamina, with an equal emphasis on balance and coordination. Though the style itself is characterized by a transitional smoothness between it's vast array of techniques, Baile de La Vibora does not adhere to the tendency of certain martial arts to elaborate it's forms etc. beyond combat application. The necessary body mobility required for the proper employment of this fighting art in a bout requires the conditioning of one's tendons, muscles, and joints in order to appropriately execute the circular, spinning aerial movements of the style.
The intensive acrobatic movements and rigorous athletic demands of the fighting style are endorsed by Santiago's superhuman physical attributes and preternatural explosiveness. And though clearly a combat art of unrelenting physical demands, Baile de La Vibora imparts an equal degree of importance on the mental aspect of combat. It is imperative that Santiago remain aware of the fact that there is no one method of commencing and terminating a bout with a spear, or any other weapon for that matter. Only what he sees his adversary leave open to him in their stance or attack and how he opts to exploit it. However, he remains equally aware that such openings may be deceptive lures, and thus he too employs feinting and the art of deception. A primary staple of Baile de La Vibora is that the style does not value counter-attacking.
Instead, a practitioner is made not to wait to be attacked, but to seize and hold the initiative in order to force the adversary into a defensively reactive position, rendering them unable to form a strategy of attack. The Black Viper argues that if the opponent has the initiative, one should work to seize it from them as it is both a physical and psychological tool in that the adversary may be overwhelmed by one's attack and lose the will to resume the bout, prompting a flight response. The following are the most prominent aspects of the fighting style:
When compared to the heavier bladed forms of weaponry, the spear's advantages are clear. It is light, possesses a longer reach, and it's techniques are simple but highly efficient. Integral to spear fighting is the ability to use a spear to amass power by applying necessary body movements that dynamically stretch the tendons and open up the joints. Stiff joints and a lack of flexibility only result in the impairment and limitation of the range of movements accessible to a combatant. Wrist and waist movements are implemented to emit powerful circular movements. Full body coordination is fundamental to the style's philosophy that a spear in constant, flowing movement with unrelenting pace is the most difficult to defeat.
Twirling, swinging, thrusting, figure-eight spinning etc. rank among the various elements found in Baile de La Vibora. Perfection of one's technical ability is required in order to make use of combinational movements such as the upward slash and the jab-thrust. Intelligent footwork coupled with free-swinging smoothness and confusing, fluid body movements and foot patterns are applicable to this brand of technical combat.
The spear's most dangerous part is it's bladed tip or point. As a result, the undisputed king of spear-fighting attacks is the thrust. Learning to thrust the tip of the spear quickly and with flawless accuracy in any direction is among the most important necessities of Baile de La Vibra. Movements must be agile and precise, as well as speedy and ferocious. The spear is held with the front hand to balance the weapon while the back hand is used to control and guide. The basic principle of Baile de La Vibra is that one must "begin like a soaring eagle, then dart towards the target like an attacking viper". In essence, the tassel should be moving as one unit with the spear. When one learns to thrust with unimpaired straightness, the thrusting movement has been perfected.
However, movement is not the sole constituent of what makes a thrust successful. Certain thrusting techniques require the rotation of the spear's head to be as minuscule as the circumference of an orange. Achieving this effect with consistency showcases one's mastery of the striking ability of spear-fighting. Why the thrust is prized as the greatest of spear strikes is that it delivers the full force and weight of a blow into a very small area. In essence, it squeezes all the PSI of one's attack. The thrust however, is a precise attack, therefore, Baile de La Vibra dictates that it should be used to target vulnerable areas such as the neck, the armpit, the joints, the groin, the ribs, the eyes etc. The ability to identify sensitive areas in armored foes is an important quality in competent spear-fighters.
Sensitive areas are targeted because they are not spongy enough to absorb the majority of the impact's force. Quick thrusts at opportune targets can be performed without changing sides or as part of a change in one's stance. The basic principle of wielding a spear is that it does not use blunt force trauma, but penetration. Softer areas should be targeted by the thrust, areas that will not be protected by thick layers of bone.
--Shifting Sides & Additional Strikes--
During combat, the desire or requirement for one to change sides while fighting with a spear can be accomplished from many of the available guards documented in traditional spear-fighting. In order to complete a change however, either by moving forward to thrust or by moving rearward to create space, it is imperative that one loosen their grip with the forward hand so that the spear's pole may pass through it easily. With the rear hand, pushing the spear through the front hand until the two hands meet is necessary, so that the fully extent arms exercise extra reach. Immediately letting go with the rear hand while simultaneously pulling sharply backwards with the front hand is the following step.
One that is proceeded by using the free hand to catch the spear and take it's place as the front when the practitioner steps forward or backward. The footwork employed should allow the practitioner to conclude the change in a proper guard. Changing sides is used to gain an advantage over the opponent, or at least to match their stance. Though the thrust was previously discussed as the most important strike once can execute with the spear, it is not the only one. Several strikes that one can perform with a sword can be replicated with a spear. For example, by sliding the forward hand toward the forward the tip of the spear while pulling to the rear with the rear hand, one can (while maintaining a firm hold with the forward hand) slide the spear's pole through the rear hand while swinging the weapon in whichever arc one wishes to strike from. The power of one's body weight is added should a step be taken when striking.
The option to attack from the top, bottom, middle or by angling up or downwards are one of the many possibilities of a spear-fighter's arsenal. From a half-guard, the Black Viper is capable of striking or thrusting with immense speed and ferocity towards any of the striking directions with a variety of available options. Using the power of the hips with this guard is important, as well cocking the body somewhat when striking because it generates more power than striking only with the arms would. In order to maximize the speed and force of a strike, Santiago strikes with the few inches close to the tips for maximum force and damage, and not closer to the center.
Firstly, it is important that the combatant not position themselves in such a way that the adversary can grab their spear. Unfortunately, this is not always possible, therefore, methods have been developed to prevent the practitioner from having their spear grabbed or to defend against such a situation. Should an opponent grab the practitioner's spear, first and foremost, balance and mental clarity must be retained. What Baile de La Vibra instructs is that in such a situation, the practitioner must instead make their opponent lose their balance, hopefully forcing the opponent to relinquish their hold over the spear with one hand at least. Following this, sharply pulling the spear to the rear while stepping backwards can help regain control.
Or winding the staff in a large circle against the adversary's thumb. Another alternative is that one can thrust sharply forward accompanied by a sharp rearward step, or throwing the spear across their body. Should the opponent manage to trap the spear under their arm, Santiago argues that the practitioner should abandon it and instead attempt to close quickly to wrestling.
Venenoso (The Black Viper's Spear)
An eight foot long spear with an unblemished spearhead and spike, Venenoso (Spanish for "Venomous" or "Poisonous") sports an artistically aesthetic bronze snake coiling along the front end of the spear's shaft and coiling around the bottom of the scintillating spearhead. It is further festooned with a python-skin tassel just below the spearhead. It's inclusion however, is not purely ornamental. The addition of the tassel assists in blurring the adversary's vision while secondarily rendering it more difficult for the opponent to grab the spear's shaft behind the head or tip. The tassel also serves to stop the flow of blood from the blade getting to the wooden shaft as the blood would make it slippery, or even sticky when dried.
Exceptionally durable, Venenoso is structurally aggrandized by the precise strengthening of it's elementary (sub sub-atomic) binding energy through delicate quantum shielding that succeeds in fortifying both the spearhead and shaft's structural fortitude, but without compromising the wooden shaft's flexibility as well. And while rendering the weapon's spearhead incredibly durable, virtually unbreakable. The spearhead's sharpness and penetration are remarkably aggrandized due to it's cubic boron nitride-dispersed edges and tip. True to it's name however, the spear is not simply a weapon of perplexing sharpness and hardness, it is venomous. Imparted with a technological system entangled with Santiago's 'Quantum Mind', Venenoso's spearhead contains hundreds of micro-capsules housing viperid venoms.
Should an opponent be cut or stabbed by the spearhead, the capsules of viperid venoms immediately trespass into the adversary's body via the sustained wound. Once inside, the capsules break, releasing the proteolytic venom. Because of it's large quantity of proteases (protein-degrading enzymes), the venom causes strong local swelling, necrosis, agonizing pain, cardiovascular damage, and disruption of the blood clotting functions of the body. Death by proteolytic venom is generally due to a collapse in one's blood pressure. Like neurotoxic venoms, proteolytic venom breaks down the lipids, nucleic acids, and proteins of the victim. Other than viperid and elapid venoms, the following are the toxins, poisons etc. that the spear's micro-capsules may carry:
- Atracotoxin: While most neurotoxins work by shutting down the nervous system in some way, atracotoxin ironically accomplishes the opposite, and instead hyper-stimulates the nervous system to the point of overload. As the toxin journeys through the victim's body, it elevates blood pressure, gradually causing the millions of air sacs in the lungs to burst (pulmonary edema) which essentially causes the victim to drown on dry land. Interestingly enough however, for it's evident lethality, atracotoxin is harmless to virtually every type of mammal save for primates e.g. humans.
- 5-MeO-DMT: A psychoactive substance similar to psilocybin and mescaline, 5-MeO-DMT's effects are not designed to be traditionally harmful as opposed to other constituents of the Black Viper's array of poisons and toxins. Instead, it is designed to induce a myriad of effects ranging from perspective shifts to the feeling of being sat on by an elephant. While it may not kill the victim, it will likely cause them to spend three hours barely conscious wondering why at the vagaries of the universe while the sky folds into itself and a cactus explains the virtues of sock ironing. It forces the victim into a highly vulnerable state for an extended period of time.
- Experimental Ricin: An exceptionally toxic carbohydrate binding protein that attacks it's victims by inhibiting protein synthesis in cells, ricin can induce strong fevers, respiratory difficulties, fluid in the lungs, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, blood in the urine, and potentially long-term organ failure.
- B.V. Venom: An experimental collection of exogenous chemical neurological insults, endogenous biogenic amines, monoamine alkaloids etc. containing tetrodotoxin, histamine, tryptamine, octopamine, taurine, acetlycholine, and dopamine, B.V. Venom is an extremely potent, toxic substance. The tetrodotoxin in the substance is one hundred times more toxic than cyanide and blocks sodium channels in victims, causing motor paralysis and respiratory arrest, leading to cardiac arrest from absent oxygen. Additionally, it induces heart failure, severe paralysis, blindness and nausea, and following minutes without medical intervention, causes death by cutting the brain's oxygen supply.
Grappling: Freestyle Wrestling
A superlative combatant gifted with limbs of substantial length, towering height, and athletic dynamism, Santi makes use of his stature, explosiveness, rapidity, and relentless pace in order to maximize the effectiveness of his wrestling pedigree. A cerebral fighter at heart, the Madrid A-Lister made use of his intimate understanding of the intricacies of grappling in conjunction with his awareness of his stature as well it's advantages and disadvantages. Combining this with his renown Fight IQ, Santi has crafted a wrestling style perfectly geared towards maximizing the boons of his athleticism, height, strength and speed. Though as a result of his height, when shooting for a takedown without an appropriate set-up, the Spaniard is prone to telegraphing when changing levels due to his 6 foot 5 inch frame.
This fundamental dilemma has been accounted for by the inclusion of and prioritization of clinch grappling, enabling Santi to use his height, strength and technical competence to bully his opponents. Generally, the Madridista searches for the double underhooks by positioning his arms under the opponent's arms. This allows him to hold either the adversary's upper body or midsection, awarding him substantial control of the opponent, as well as presenting the opportunity to execute trip takedowns or throws. Additionally, by abusing his physical strength, Santi may seek to hook both hands behind the opponent's book to advance into a torturous bear-hug (body-lock). Though should an opponent seek to lock a double underhook on him, Santi responds immediately by securing the double overhook around the opponent's double underhook in order to prevent the threat of a bear-hug while somewhat controlling the opponent with defensive grappling. This double overhooks are also used to advance into a pinch grip tie (to execute throws). Typically, Santi keeps his head on the side as the overhooked arm in order to place greater weight on the adversary's underhooked arm to prevent any effective use of it. At times he seeks to get behind the opponent with the double underhook in order to execute a suplex.
Fundamental to the Madridista's clinch game is maintaining his arms on the inside of the adversary in order to press his elbows together to cultivate a tighter grip while ceaselessly maintaining his hands in a cupped position. Additionally, Santi makes use of the collar-and-elbow position to facilitate strikes and takedowns. Though it is generally a neutral position as both fighters have one hand grabbing the opponent behind the neck and the opponent's other arm is held at the elbow, he often pushes his hand on the elbow to the inside of the opponent's arms to hold the biceps, obtaining more control and allowing him to attack with strikes and takedowns. Though he rarely attempts submissions from the clinch, he may at times execute a guillotine choke from a collar tie by using his height as leverage. His never-ending stamina is used to maintain a very offensive pace for his wrestling style while he also maintains an upright posture and stance to facilitate clinch grappling. Though heavily reliant on the clinch, this brand of wrestling is a well-rounded system of perpetual evolution.
Though he does not attempt to run through the opponent like a freight train with relentless shoots due to his height often telegraphing his intentions as he changes levels, the Spaniard does execute takedowns, albeit improvised versions that better suit one of his stature. Blending in his takedown attempts with striking in order to disguise them, Santi regularly ensures the success of his takedowns with tactically sound set-ups. This is accomplished by deceiving the opponent. First the Spaniard begins by executing a series of dipping jabs, convincing the opponent to anticipate a jab based on the dip.
After a sufficient number of dipping jabs have been executed, Santi then mimics the dipping movement, indicating a potential desire to jab. Instead, as his hand moves to strike, his rear hand grips behind the lead knee of the adversary while using his lead hand to push them backwards, taking them off their front leg, therefore allowing him to pick it up and finish the takedown. Another set-up that makes use of deception is one where Santi uses his lead hand to control the opponent's neck by grabbing behind it as his rear hand grips behind the opponent's lead knee, picking the leg up. The follow-up is a quick step to the left which dumps the opponent towards the right.
--Opening for Strikes--
By pumping his hybrid pickup-takedowns, Santi renders the opponent wary every time he dips to pickup their leg. However, a subtle yet lethal aspect of his wrestling is that it is somewhat geared towards creating openings for strikes. His collar-and-elbow technique for example. As stated before, it is a neutral position with both combatants having one hand grabbing the opponent behind the neck while the other hand is held at the elbow. However, to create openings for possible strikes, the Madridista pushes his hand on the elbow to the inside of the adversary's arms to hold the biceps, allowing for greater control and opening the opponent to strikes.
Another method used to create openings for strikes is one that facilitates the use of the Madridista's crushing body kicks. Having alerted the opponent to the threat of his hybrid pickup takedowns, Santi begins toying with the adversary's reaction to his takedowns. By mischievously tapping the back of the opponent's leg and forcing his hand into the side of their neck, the Madrid A-Lister incites an instinctive reaction in the opponent to backstep as they seek to avoid the takedown. Releasing the leg, Santi dexterously steps his right foot forward while using his hand to push the opponent back, exposing them to a powerful left kick to the midsection.
Inspired by aspects of judo, the Madridista's trips and sweeps are among his most extensively used takedowns as they do not present the disadvantage of being telegraphed as a shoot would. Similar to an Osotogari, a judo technique whereby the practitioner steps in with their left foot and follows by sweeping the back of the opponent's right thigh with the right leg, Espada instead maximizes this by stepping in with the left, securing the double underhooks, then sweeping the back of the opponent's right leg with his own, off-balancing them while successfully taking them down to the ground. Like any elite grappler, Santi is capable of chaining his takedowns together and countering techniques. In order to counter trip takedowns specifically, Santi makes use of the Judo counter-throw known as the Uchi-Mata.
As the opponent comes forward with the intention of hooking their leg behind his, the Spaniard quickly wraps his arm over the shooting opponent across their back, hooking them by the armpit area with his hand close to his body while their leg is hooked around his from the outside. Quickly bringing his unhooked close as he clinch grapples with the opponent, the Mercurial Madridista twists his hips away from the opponent while leaning them forward. Kicking his hooked leg backwards and up, Santi lifts the opponent's hips above their head, combining it with the torque from his upper-body, throwing the adversary into the air and onto the ground as he executes the Uchi-Mata, a counter that he uses against double and single leg takedowns as well.
--Additional Judo Elements--
A savvy counter-grappler and intelligent defensive wrestler, Santi has crafted numerous methods with which to counter shoots. His application of the Harai Goshi judo throw for example, is a favored grappling technique to counter double leg takedowns. As an opponent attempts to drive through Santi to complete the double leg, he reacts by turning, pivoting on his right leg and bringing his left leg across the opponent while his left hand grabs the adversary's lat (large muscles down the back of person), allowing him to control their upper-body. Continuing to turn by the hips, Santi maintains his left arm tight, hugging the opponent to their back while maintaining fundamentally necessary body proximity. Trapping the opponent's right arm tight to the front with his left, the Cavalier Cobra then sweeps his left leg, adding momentum that forces the opponent over the leg, torque from the hip turn and twisting the grips on the opponent complete the technique, throwing the opponent to the ground.
--Further Defensive Wrestling--
Differing from his wrestling style's clinching game, Santi consistently makes use of the fundamental wrestling technique known as the go-behind. While the majority of his defensive wrestling consists of sprawling or judo-based counters in order to prevent takedowns, the go-behind is another alternative. The Spaniard's ability to stuff opponents down and spinning behind them is perhaps his most remarkable defensive technique. Perfectly geared towards preventing a shooting opponent from taking him down, Santi's go-behind showcases his intimate understanding of an elementary fact of wrestling, which is that the body follows wherever the head goes. A move of irrefutable practicality, the go-behind allows him to execute the easiest of takedowns against opponents. As an opposing fighter shoots forward, the Spaniard catches them, snapping their head down to the ground, wrapping his hands across the opponent's face prior to rotating behind for a takedown.
--Technical Power Slams--
A combination of his explosive athleticism and technical prowess, the Madridista though preferring a more controlling, defensively aggressive wrestling style, is not impartial to slams. His most preferred power-slam stems from setting it up with what appears to be a single leg takedown. Positioning his head on the outside of the hip while both his arms remain wrapped around the opponent's leg, he squares his pelvis to the adversary's right hip in order to allow his hips to adopt a perpendicular position. This is to capitalize on the fact that lifting any opponent off the ground is facilitated by facing them at a right angle.
Bearing all of the opponent's weight with his left forearm, Santi maintains his forearm very deep under the adversary's crotch. Explosively popping his hips to propel the lift, the Spaniard facilely lifts the opponent into the air, causing the adversary's center of gravity (their chest) to fall to the ground in front of him while he uses his strength and the lift's momentum to fling his opponent's legs and hips directly over his head and shoulders in a thunderous slam.
--Heavy Stance-to-Takedown Transition--
Though he rarely shoots for takedowns unless he is in combat against an opponent of similar or greater physical stature, against shorter opponents, the Martial Arts Madridista makes use of a peculiar fighting stance emphasizing the loading of one's weight over the lead leg rather than assuming a neutral position which is primarily used by boxers or the back leg as several power-punches and counter-strikes do. This wrestling style however, makes use of the front foot heavy stance for his level change. A level change is the dropping of the bodyweight prior to a wrestling shot.
Tall fighters like Santi naturally possess great reaches which while superb for jabbing, diminishes the success of their takedowns. This is because the length of a tall fighter's legs telegraphs their change of levels for a shot which is then becomes easily predictable for the opponent. In order to better shoot for his opponents' hips without telegraphing, Santi gets his weight over his lead leg from where he can shoot for the hips without telegraphing. Additionally, it allows him to still throw hard kicks with his rear leg or spontaneous jumping knees while ducking the opponent's attempted counters.
--Top Grappling-Full Mount--
A wrestling style, an emphasis on top grappling is showcased while discouraging the use of bottom grappling. Two dominant positions are prioritized, the full mount and side control. A superb wrestler, Santi makes excellent use of his hands and head to control the opponent on the ground, often bracing his forearm atop their head while allowing his body weight to keep the opponent grounded. He often uses his head to control distance while sapping the adversary of their stamina by forcing his entire body-weight over them and controlling their movement. A favored position is the full mount whereby he sits on the torso of his opponent, his face pointing towards the adversary's head.
From this position, the Spaniard can generate palpable momentum for strikes, particularly favoring elbows and hammerfists to the head of the opponent, restricting the bottom opponent with his body weight. Additionally, submission maneuvers from the top are possible. By trapping the opponent's arm against the ground, a kimura may be locked. If the bottom opponent attempts to push him off by extending their arms to push, Santi quickly transitions to an armbar. Another submission from the full mount is a potent arm triangle choke that can be locked by pinning the opponent's arm against their neck, and holding their head and arm tightly.
--Top Grappling-Side Control & North-South--
The Madridista's most favored top grappling technique, side control is a dominant position characterized by the top combatant lying perpendicularly over the face-up bottom opponent while the legs remain free as the top combatant retains significant control over the one on the bottom. From this position, Santi enjoys striking with elbows, knees, and occasional punches. From here he favors the cross-side armbar, an armbar-turned into triangle, and the kumura. However, if not finding success in side control (a very safe position), he transitions to either the full mount or the north-south position which is a dominant position where the Spaniard invertedly lies prone on top of a supine opponent, his head over the opponent's chest.
From this position, the Cavalier Cobra often executes vicious knee strikes to the exposed head of his adversary or at times locks in a north-south choke or transition back to side control. And from side control again he may transition to the knee-on-belly position which is accomplished simply by rising up slightly placing one's knee on the opponent's chest or stomach. From this position, Santiago may strike the head or chest of the opponent as if in full mount and occasionally locks armbars. Additionally, by using his weight to compress the adversary's torso, he can induce agonizing pain by using his weight to limit the expansion of the lungs by compressing the torso, interfering with the opponent's breathing.
Integrating the combinational potency of repelling the opponent from attempting to attack while simultaneously borrowing influences from an aggressive striking defense to render Santi a very difficult opponent to tag cleanly, Madridista Boxing is by it's elementary components a defensive boxing style, and Santi's most lethal expression of pugilistic prowess. Madridista Boxing's defensively oriented style and perpetual awareness of the opponent's maneuvers craft Santi into a frustratingly difficult opponent to engage in a striking match against. In addition to rendering his chin virtually impossible to tag due to the style's immaculate defense, the only defensive chink is the very subtle exposure to body shots which are also laboriously difficult to tag him cleanly.
Though it's fundamental intentions are to foster the defensive necessities of boxing, Madridista Boxing is also focused on fortifying Santi's comfort in the majority of striking situations, and virtually any plausible boxing situations, all while rendering him an absolute terror to attack against. However, it is not simply it's emphasis on defense that solidifies Madridista Boxing as the Spaniard's greatest striking style, but it is it's use of defense. A defense, regardless of it's excellence is a failure should it not enable the fighter to use the openings of the opponent created by the defense. The utilized crab guard style of Madridista Boxing coupled with a unique stance facilitates the Spaniard's use of a fruitful defensive technique known as the 'shoulder roll'. Rarely used by modern fighters due to it's difficulty, the photographic properties of his advanced procedural memory enable him to perform the technique as if second nature to him.
There is an irrefutable emphasis on Madridista Boxing's defense. However, an integral principal of the style's defense is the simultaneous creation of openings in the adversary while one defends. As a result, regardless of the defense's fortitude, should it fail to appropriately facilitate the fighter's exploitation of the opponent's openings, then the defense is deemed useless. This strict defensive principle stems from Santi's personal perfectionist mentality. Important to Madridista Boxing's defense is the application of a notoriously difficult technique to perform, the shoulder roll. Essentially, the shoulder roll is rolling one's lead shoulder left and right to intercept punches by allowing them to cascade off the shoulders.
Santi's expertise in implementing the shoulder roll aggrandizes the frustrating difficulty in hitting him cleanly. An example of his use of the shoulder roll is by combining it with a backward lean, allowing him to turn into the adversary and stop attacks from the right side while his right hand blocks hooks and picks off jabs while also executing counter right hooks and uppercuts to crack opponents on the offensive. Using this strategy, Santi is able to force the attacking opponent into exposing subtle space which incites his performance of an explosive combination of right hands and left uppercuts prior to reverting back into his defensive cocoon as he deflects more and more punches. Fundamental to this is awareness.
No matter the pace or frantic pattern of an opponent's punches as Santi manically defends, his eyes do not ever shift their focus away from his adversary, even when rolling. His awareness of their actions is constant and endorsed by his sonar hearing. This unwavering focus coupled with his sonar's sensory advantage awards him the ability to react correctly from instinct. With a virtually impregnable defense, Madridista Boxing's defense is further glorified by the fact that it manages to create several opportunities for offense which renders Santi an unparalleled counter-strikes, and suicidal nightmare to attempt to brawl against, as the more frantically strikes, the worse Santi makes them look.
Due to the ceaseless stressing on defensive skill-set, Santiago's offensive boxing is often an overlooked element of it. Deeply rooted into the style's defense, it's offensive striking is usually interdependent on the defense as Santi's evasions of punches create the opportunity to set up counter punches that exploit the exposed openings of the adversary. One of his greatest offensive weapons are his uppercut and left hook. Setting up the offense by using his defense, should an opponent move in to swing a punch, Santi may step out of the way and use his hands to dexterously push the adversary's head down somewhat, forcing them into a peculiar position from where Santi may either step away to establish distance and safety, or not.
Should he opt against stepping away, the Spaniard will maintain the position with the opponent's head low and at an unlike angle, exposing the right side of the adversary's head to a potential left hook that he may choose to throw, cracking his opponent's chin. The evasion of the initially attempted swing is facilitated by a backstep, however, as he prepares to execute his left hook while the opponent is in an awkward position, Santi will then plant his back foot and take a small step in to accumulate momentum as he executes the punch. The punch must be short and tight due to the closed distance, as a result, Santi does not bring the left hook back far. This minuscule action is designed to maximize the probability of the punch landing. Had he thrown the punch from farther back, it would have been supported by more knockout power, but it's likability of tagging the opponent would have been lessened. The Spaniard compensates for the left hook's lack of power by torquing until the hook's conclusion.
Following the punch, simply to ensure his safety from a reactionary counter, he rotates off to the side. From a purely offensive standpoint, Santi is not concerned with landing his punches cleanly with a bluntly attacking combination, he instead forces the opponent to catch his attacks on their arms, protecting themselves only by going into a shell. Though this does not allow him to conventionally damage the opponent as his punches will rarely land cleanly, these purely attacking combinations are designed to force the opponent into a defensive shell, fully nullifying their ability to whip out any palpable offense.
--Lead Right & Left Hook--
Though not a repetitive style, the Spaniard's boxing is characteristically defined not simply by it's ungodly defense, but by a blindingly fast lead right. The purpose of his lead right, due to it's speed, is to land. It is not a monstrously powerful punch. It's purpose is to fluster the adversary and render them timid by the frequency with which the Spaniard can tag them with his lead right, seemingly at will, leaving them concerned regarding the plausibility of being hit by a harder punch. Interlinked to one another, the left hook is dependent on Santi's lead right. As he consistently tags the opponent with the lead right, they become almost entirely concerned with it, and exert strenuous effort into avoiding it, allowing them to forget about his left hook, one of his more powerful punches.
Integral to Santiago's rendition of the left hook is that even while moving forward, he must throw the hook by pulling backward. Even when leaping in with a hook, before it is thrown, his weight plants considerably on his lead foot. And as he twists into the left hook, his weight is moving backward, transitioning it onto his back foot. This is to add speed rather than power, though because of the punch's nature, Santi's head remains in range to add speed to the punch and he ends leaning slightly past his own feet. These minor sacrifices for speed however, are accounted for by the Spaniard's knowledge of knowing exactly when to punch, making it grossly difficult to tag him even should he commit these minuscule errors.
Being a tall fighter with an exceptionally long 82.5 inch reach, Santi is a frequent and masterful user of the jab, often using it to control distance and establish range, forcing an opponent to remain outside of range while he, the taller, longer fighter can still freely pepper strikes at them from a distance. He makes a habit of pushing the opponent back with the jab, never granting them the opportunity to get within range. The Cavalier Cobra however, does not simplify the jab, but makes diversified use of it by using a variety of different jabs, as well as to set up an offensive combination. He tends to deceptively switch back and forth between a jab that targets the head and the body, executing both with equalized effectiveness.
Should the adversary place greater emphasis on protecting the head, Santi will land his body jabs more cleanly and will even add in a variety of power body shots. This is designed not only to pulverize the opponent's unprotected body, but also intimidate them into instead protecting the body, exposing the head, which is Santi's favorite target. The moment the opponent's head is exposed, the Martial Arts Madridista is dictated by his boxing style to instantaneously follow with a thunderous right cross to the head. Santiago, the jab's purpose is primarily to control the distance, punish the body, and expose the head to power punches.
This aspect of the Black Viper's boxinghas zero to do with it's punching. Instead, it focuses on the style's emphasis on clinch work, and using it to control the distance should an opponent manage to surmount Santi's long reach and his jab. When locked in a clinch, Santiago places importance on securing an inside tie on the adversary's biceps and tucking the elbow against the ribs to prevent an opponent from using the underhooks to clinch. To establish space against a clinching opponent, Santi uses his right hand mainly, to frame against the opponent's chest and make space and create a vulnerability in the adversary's posture. From here he can then drive down on the opponent's neck with his forearm.
Should Santi be overpowered by a stronger opponent, the immediate response would be to misdirect the adversary with a taunting bounce on the arm and buoyant hops to angle out. While those are the defensive aspects of his style's clinch work, there is also emphasis on it's offensive potential. Tagging the opponent with a jab, this boxing form instructs him to proceed by locking the clinch from where he may either use the underhooks or use a headlock or continue striking from close range. Should the opponent expose their head by moving upwards, it is emphasized that he use his left arm, elbow held high, to frame against the collarbone of the opponent to shove them off, coercing them into swinging out of frustration.
It is imperative that Santi create more distance following this by leaning back, using his tall frame to move just slightly out of range before shoulder rolling to escape the wrath of his opponent's punches. Increasingly frustrating the opponent, the clinch is again reestablished, the left forearm and elbow used to shove away at the adversary, subtly exposing them to a right hook that he may throw the moment the opportunity is seen. Should the opponent seek to smother Santi in order to avoid being struck, a combination of footwork and clinching states that he shove an opponent's framing left arm past, capitalizing on the moment to strike, often with a right hand behind the ear which is characteristically followed by a left uppercut. To once again establish distance, a thrusting right hand may be used to push the opponent away.
--Hard Checks & Leg Kicks--
While the uneducated observer criticizes boxing for only focusing on the hands, this is untrue. The legs are used. Footwork is imperative to one's efficiency as a boxer. However, other than footwork, Santiago's other leg-based focus is the checking of kicks. Kicks have been consistently rated as deadly weaponry in a martial artist's repertoire. However, this is a cultural misconception. Kicks, high kicks in particular are rarely used due to their lack of effectiveness in landing and their massive expenditure of energy. Punches have therefore, been historically more successful. However, low kicks are the most lethal due to their ability to land more consistently than high kicks, and the targeting of an opponent's legs can impair their ability to move or walk properly.
Because it is reckless and fruitless to attempt high kicks frequently, Santi's style of boxing has developed a ruthless defense against the more common, and more dangerous low kicks. This defense is the Muay Thai "check". By nature, a check's purpose is to deter the opponent from kicking. A shin contacting another shin or thigh is painful, as well as an oblique leg kick snapping the knee back, hyperextending it. In order to avoid such punishment, checking kicks has become integral to Madridista Boxing. It however, does not use the reflex check, which is lifting the knee high so that the opponent's kick impacts the lower part of the shin, just above the ankle. As a result, the reflex action of the knee helps to absorb the impact, and both combatants are virtually undamaged.
This however, contradicts the check's fundamental purpose of making the opponent timid to executing leg kicks. Which is why the style makes use of the hard check or knee spike. The kneecap however, makes no contact with the adversary's shin as contact between the tibia and patella will damage the patella. The hard check instead makes use of the uppermost portion of the shin which is the strongest and thickest part of the bone and is the area one wishes to use to block a low kick with a hard check. The lower part of the shin is thinner than it's upper part, therefore, when one lifts the knee for the uppermost part of the shin to intercept the shin of low kick, the opponent experiences an agonizing amount of pain, and should their kicks be checked hard again, the fibula and tibia of the opponent's leg will most likely break. As a result, opponents will reduce the frequency of their low kicks and will execute softer, more tentative ones, or none at all.
Additionally, Santi implements low kicks into his mixed martial arts style. Known for the potency of his leg kicks, Santi often uses his hips to turn his body in the direction of the kick, putting his entire body-weight behind the kick, adding to it's power. He also avoids having his kicks checked by using them when appearing to be out of range. In order to close an established gap, he uses a nimble quick double-step.
Ground Fighting: Sambo
Primarily based on Combat and Sport Sambo, the hybrid style of Madridista Sambo was selected by Santi as his mixed martial arts style's fundamental ground fighting art over Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for the difference between the styles' respective approaches to striking. Even at an elementary level, striking remains an aspect of Sambo (Combat Sambo). BJJ tends to adhere to an approach that the opponent above the practitioner striking is only a temporary dilemma that will dissolve once the next technique is performed. Sambo however, adopts a different philosophy that maintains a perpetual awareness of the opponent's ability to do damage with their fists.
Both Combat and Sport Sambo are largely throwing sports, the intended objective is not unlike that of Judo or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, which is to secure a takedown and force the adversary to the ground. Trip takedowns, double-leg takedowns for example, are two of the multitude of tools used to transport a bout to the ground. Due to it's emphasis on takedowns, Santi, an intellectual specialist of the martial art, is well versed in taking others down as well as preventing himself from being taken down. Because of Sambo's tendency to demand that the practitioner stay right and upright to avoid knees when searching for takedowns, upper body throws such as hip tosses, suplexes, laterals etc. are expertly implemented tools for securing takedowns.
Additionally, another reason for Santi's selection of Sambo over BJJ is it's coupling of striking and grappling which enable fluid synchronization of striking and wrestling while adjusting to the foundations of virtually all martial arts; balance, head movement, stance, footwork, strategy, instinct, and more. In essence, Madridista Sambo combines striking with a leglock and takedown-oriented approach.
By combining the hyperactive capacities of his advanced procedural memory akin to photographic reflexes, Santi has mastered what would usually require a multitude of strenuous years of intensive practice through mere observation of existing blood-bending masters. With the hydrokinetic ability to take hold of the contained fluids within a living organism's body and manipulate them for control of the target's physical movements, Santi adheres to gestures not unlike how a puppeteer controls a marionette, in particular the hand shape and movements, usually relying on rigid and abrupt movements to fortify the strength of the technique.
While generically employed to vehemently contort and control the body of an opponent not unlike a puppet-master, Santiago has further developed and mastered blood-bending, enabling him to use an opponent's internal bodily fluids for a variety of purposes such as crushing their organs, and boiling, pressurizing, or cooling these fluids inside an opponent's body. Perhaps its most gruesome component is the complete extraction of water and moisture from an opponent's body, imparting immediate dehydration and death. Harboring an undisputed understanding of the human body, the Spaniard has managed to cultivate a succession of healing abilities as well, allowing him to prevent blood loss, maintain gashes and wounds, alleviate blood clots and internal wounds, prevent cardiac arrest by pumping blood in and out of the body, and otherwise accelerate other healing processes. Primarily geared as an offensive combat art, the esoteric art copulated with his intellectually martial approach has furthered his mastery, enabling him to induce cardiac arrest, and strokes by disturbing the blood supply to the heart and the brain respectively.
Opponents of particular physical strength, bodily fortitude or similarly skilled blood-bending masters can resist the effects of this technique. An elite blood-bender nearly without peer, he is further capable of achieving effects which the majority of the globe's scarce blood-benders cannot e.g antagonizing the red blood cells allowing him to cause hemolytic anemia, jaundice, oxygen decrease in the blood etc., further strengthening his claim as one of the world's deadliest blood-benders, a belief that is even further fortified by his ability to render the opponent to the effects of atmospheric pressure by tampering with the target's blood pressure.
The Black Viper - Powers & Abilities
Quantum Mind & Telepathy
An X-Gene-less mutant of genetic rarity, the Madridista's primary mutations are his ESP and subsequently, his Quantum Mind. Because his central nervous system and it's accompanying biological components are not orthodox, and are instead replaced by a system consisting of photons in collections of superconducting qubits that like his innovative Q-Computer model, makes use of the multi-particle quantum walk. This is wherein a path taken by the quantum particles in his mind is made up by a succession of seemingly random steps. Because of this, Santi's Quantum Mind is not dependent on active control of the photons in a superposition state. This not only renders his mind overwhelmingly more powerful than any form of modern computing, but also significantly superior and more powerful than even quantum computers.
Capable of performing computations and quantum formulation with his mind, the Spaniard relies on the advantage of not requiring active control of quibits in order to render any computational error arbitrarily small, allowing it to not only accommodate any quantum algorithm, but potentially unveil new algorithms as well. For all intents and purposes, the Madridista's mind is an exemplary model for a scalable quantum computer that does not fundamentally need to actively manipulate qubits during computational activities. And because his thoughts depend on the function of qubits as the informational units for these thoughts, Santi is rendered perfectly immune to telepathy as any telepath independent of how powerful they may be, will have their biological brain completely dismantled by the ridiculously overwhelming quantity of information in his brain, effectively overloading the invading telepath's mind with overtly complex mathematical expressions, quantum patterns and models instead of conventional thoughts.
Because of his unusually developed mind, Santi's memory retention and overall mental capacity is beyond measure and the source of his irrefutable genius, photographic reflexes, and ability to communicate or interact with quantum computers. An extremely intelligent individual with a perfect memory and the ability to concurrently perform mental tasks instead of sequentially, the Black Viper not only makes use of his photons' superposition state (a combination of two states) to develop multiple states to further aggrandize his mental ability, he is capable of shifting the quantum information which constitutes his consciousness to deeper planes and continue to exist purely in space-time geometry, outside of his body, distributed nonlocally as some sort of quantum soul.
Though it was previously mentioned that according to his Extrasensory Perception (an ability he is no longer in possession of), he does not possess true precognition, with this quantum-related ability to transpose himself directly into the interwoven continuum of space-time, enables him to observe events from different periods of time, including the future, allowing him to predict the actions of others as well as future events. This ability requires but an instant to be implemented in a situation. Additionally, because of it's entangled state, there is no delay in the transmission of information in Santi's Quantum Mind as well as no delay in the responsiveness of his reflexes, enabling the facile evasion of gunfire etc.
A newly acquired ability is the Genio's unorthodox form of telepathy which he refined through the expert tutelage of Alexandra Steele. What this potent form of telepathy enables Santiago to accomplish is the manipulation of the quantum information/physical information that constitutes a person's consciousness/mind for any number of effects e.g. shifting his target's perception (casting illusions), reading minds, controlling minds, reconstructing or destroying minds and or personalities, eradicate minds etc.
XNA (Xeno Nucleic Acid) Genetic Structure
Via a series of xeno-biological procedures, Santiago has drastically altered the very foundation of his genetic structure, partially accomplished due to his distaste for the boundless genetic errors and mistakes populating the biological composition of the majority of the globe's living organisms. If there is one absolute truth, it is that on Earth, every organism relies on the same genetic building blocks; the information held within DNA (Deoxyribonucleic Acid). The Black Viper however, has exposed himself to a process that has shifted his body's reliance to a different class of genetic building blocks, XNA. Similar to DNA in that XNA is a polymer that carries genetic information, it is however, synthetic and with a different assemblage of molecules. Generally, strands of DNA and RNA are formed by stringing together long chains of molecules known as nucleotides.
A nucleotide consists of three chemical components; a phosphate, a five-carbon sugar group (such as a ribose sugar or a deoxyribose sugar), and one of five standard bases which are adenine, guanine, cytosine, thymine or uracil. The molecules that makeup XNA strands are nearly identical to those in DNA and RNA with the exception that in XNA nucleotides, the deoxyribose and ribose sugar groups are replaced. At times by four carbon atoms instead of five, or sometimes even seven. It may contain a fluorine atom. These substitutions render XNAs functionally and structurally analogous to DNA and RNA while simultaneously preserving their exotic, alien nature. Santiago's XNA structure however, is beyond the reach of modern science. Any polymer can store information. DNA and RNA are only unique in that the information encoded in them (usually in the form of genes) can be accessed and copied.
Information that can be copied from one genetic polymer to another can be propagated. And genetic information that can propagated is the basis for heredity. In DNA and RNA, replicated is facilitated by molecules known as polymerases. Rendered possible by his genius, Santiago made use of an innovative genetic engineering process to design special polymerases that could not only synthesize XNA from a DNA template, but actually copy XNA back into DNA. This resulted in his construction of a genetic system that allowed for the replication and propagation of genetic information. A simple illustration would be the following scenario. Conceptualize a scientist's notes. DNA polymerase is the pen that allows one to copy those notes directly to a new sheet of paper. However, let's assume that this scientist's notes are written in the language of XNA. Ideally, an XNA-based genetic system would have a pen that could copy these notes directly to a new sheet of paper.
What the Madridista did however, was create two distinct classes of writing utensil. One pen that copies the scientist's XNA notes into DNA notes, and a second pen that reverts those DNA notes back into XNA notes. The Black Viper's XNA genetic system executes this copying to and from DNA with flawless accuracy. The foundation of evolution's potential is how much information is replicated and the error in that process. The more error-prone a genetic system is, the less information can be feasibly evolved. Not only does Santiago's XNA structure render him more likely to evolve than quite possibly any other human, mutant, or meta-human in the world, but his XNA is more resistant to degradation by biological nucleases than either DNA or RNA. In essence, Santiago's XNA system is capable of driving it's own replication without the aid of any biological molecules, and capable of underground evolution in a self-sustained manner.
As a result, his body is emancipated from all of the genetic errors that his fellow hominids and the majority of organisms are afflicted with. There is no unraveling of telomerase at the end of polymer strands, rendering him immune to the effects of aging. His body harbors no retroviruses nor any disease-causing genes, grows stronger in every biological sense as he ages, and is immune to all known toxins, diseases etc.
Though his genetic structure is afflicted with the absence of the notorious X-Gene that defines the controversial Homo Superior, Santiago possesses a diverse array of abilities that compensate for an otherwise lacking feature of extraordinary genetics. They are as follows:
- Muscle Synergies: This is the combination of bodily movements stemming from the kinematic and kinetic parameters that initiate physical actions which are achieved when interrelated components of the same movement, or the movement of several body parts or limbs are coupled in a precisely timed, smooth, and harmonious manner in relation to the intended goal. From a fundamental standpoint, it requires the use of proprioceptive information illustrating the positional necessities and movement of the musculoskeletal system in conjunction with the quantum processes of his unique central nervous system which incite and regulate motor commands. Santi's evolutionarily developed motor coordination is due to muscle synergies which act as a biological strategy of simplifying the control of multiple degrees of freedom. A functional muscle synergy is detailed as a pattern of co-activation of muscles regulated by a solitary, neutral command signal. One synergy can activate multiple muscles, and one muscle can constitute multiple muscle synergies. A modest amount of muscle synergies are combined at differing proportions to form a very efficient continuum of muscle activation pattern for smooth motor control. By working together at an unmatched, genetically unique level of efficiency, these synergies grant him an impeccable degree of balance and equilibrium, as well as perfect control over his movements, rendering the Spaniard a specimen of peerless athleticism, even by the standards of the modern superhuman.
- Follistatin & Superior Bone Structure: There are two proteins (myostatin and activin A) responsible for the suppression the of excessive growth of an organ, found in the muscles. Their basic task is to maintain the size and number of one's muscle cells, and thus one's overall strength, within a certain range. Because these factors work to negatively regulate muscle cell growth, the removal of these factors allows muscle cells to grow in size and experience a numerical increase. While the size and number of muscle cells in the body is regulated by myostatin and activin A, there is a tertiary biological element that 'guards the guards' so to speak. This would be follistatin, and the implication is that there is a genetic switch that regulates muscle growth (and strength), a switch that can be turned off. Because of his XNA genetic structure, Santiago has decoded genes related to high performance in many of his bodily systems. Principally, these genes make use of follistatin to block the action of myostatin, allowing his muscle cells to grow without restriction and awarding him a considerable degree of superhuman strength, enabling him to lift a maximum of 30 tons. Additionally, compared to those of humans, his bones contain a greater percentage of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, Vitamin D, and other minerals, rendering them structurally stronger than human bones. Coupled with his more densely packed molecular structure and a superior molecular binding forces than those of humans, Santi is gifted with superhuman durability, though high caliber rounds can still penetrate his tissue, they fail to achieve more than dent his bones.
- Cardiovascular Advancement: Due to a mutation in his body's erythropoietin receptor (EPOR) gene, the Madridista has primary familial and congenital polycthemia (PFCP) which causes an exponential increase in red blood cell mass and hemoglobin which results in an increase of approximately 50% in the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood, awarding the Black Viper a remarkable degree of endurance and stamina because of his highly developed cardiovascular faculties.
- Autonomic Nervous System & Immune Response: An abnormal and undocumented ability is Santi's genetically ingrained talent for influencing his autonomic nervous system and immune response, rendering him highly resistant to diseases and infections but primarily rendering him virtually impervious to extremely low temperatures, having facilely survived in -21C temperatures as well as surviving in 40C temperatures without requiring water during intensive physical activity. He is also able to exert control over the sympathetic nervous system and parasympathetic nervous system.
- Neoblast Stem Cells: Responsible for his unique regenerative abilities, cells at the location of any wound on his body proliferate to form a blastema that differentiates into new tissues and regenerate the damaged tissue. Even should Santi be cut down to a molecular fraction of his organism, he will eventually regenerate to physical entirety. New tissue growth occurs due to pluripotent stem cells that have the ability to create all the various cell types. Called neoblasts, these adult stem cells comprise a large percentage of cells in the Madridista's body. Missing limbs, organs, as long as a single cell remains, eventually the Spaniard will regenerate.
- Telomerase Enzymes: Unlike his fellow hominids, and the majority of the globe's living creatures, an undisclosed genetic mutation prevents the telomerase enzyme at the end of his DNA from unraveling following cellular division, effectively rendering the Spaniard functionally immune to the effects of aging.
- Immune System: As effective as his regenerative abilities, the Madrid Mamba's immune system provides him with a virtual immunity to all known diseases, toxins and poisons. There is an evident diversification in how toxins and poisons affect the afflicted, ranging from eroding organic matter to terminating integral cellular functions. For the most part, Santi's immune system incorporates hyper-mitosis, feverishly multiplying his cells until the entire toxin or poison is consumed by the counteraction, and once the antigen or poison etc. has vanished, his body regresses to it's ordinary state. However, when faced with toxins that block cellular functions, his immune system opts for a different approach. In order to function properly, the body requires the correct protein to unlock a necessary mechanism. Similar to how one requires a certain key to open a particular lock. If the lock is jammed with a false key (the blocking toxin in this case), then the body will no longer function normally. This kind of toxin does not destroy replaceable cellular structures, but instead blocks them. Santi's body's response is to develop antibodies that can degrade and destroy these blockers. A better illustration is if one were to attempt to block the Spaniard's mouth with a cloth. Santi's response would be to tear at the cloth until it is sufficiently destroyed. Borrowing from this principle, his immune system incorporates a fast-acting counteragent for every kind of toxin or poison that exists. Due to his immune system being incredibly fast-acting while boasting flawless cell reproductive capacity as well as circulating antibodies through his body at an incredible rate, he is rendered powerfully resistant to toxins etc.
- Sonar Hearing: His only form of unorthodox sensory perception, this is an ability reliant on sound propagation to navigate and detect objects within one's vicinity. With the ability to use both passive and active sonar, the Black Viper utilizes passive sonar to detect the sound waves emitted by that which is around him, while using active sonar to emit pulses of sounds and listening for echoes. He makes use of his sonar hearing as a means of acoustic location as well as measuring the echo properties of physical structures in his encompassment. An offensively opportunistic ability, it enables him to detect weak structural points in physical systems which he may target, allowing him to strike seemingly with far more physical potency than he is capable of.
Technology, Inventions, Equipment etc.
--For all of Santiago's armors, technology etc. go here: Technology, Exotic Firearms, Avalon Projects
Integral to the Madridista Armor is graphene. Without it, the light-weight body armor would be devoid of a medium for it's various quantum functions. Graphene is a one-atom thick sheet of carbon organized in a repeating hexane pattern which boasts a wealth of commendable mechanical properties. First and foremost, structurally, graphene is one of the strongest materials ever manufactured in human history, flaunting a structural fortitude 100 times greater than steel and weighing exactly 10,194 times less. When rolled up into tubes, graphene becomes an even stronger and more versatile material, carbon nanotubes.
Spun together and woven into fibers of impeccable flexibility, usability as engineering materials, and a hardness superior to that of diamonds, carbon nanotubes were selected as the ideal fabric for the Madridista Armor. While it's importance is highlighted in serving as a medium for the various quantum activities of the Madridista Armor, the carbon nanotube-based fiber additionally functions as an artificial layer of muscle, enabling the armor's wearer to generate 500N of force, and up to 10,500G of contractile acceleration. A secondary layer of the Madridista Armor renders it superlatively resistance to the effects of radiation and physical impact. Due to a rapid-twitch reflex co-polymer reliant on colloidal doped ceramics and a copper-based nano-lattice in an ethylene-glycol buckyball matrix, the Madridista Armor offers significant protection against ionized radiation and lessens potential harm to the wearer by actively absorbing static electricity, kinetic energy, and radiation directed towards it.
Opting against integrating a quantum supercomputer into the armor, Santi instead made use of an innovative data storage, delivery, and transfer device (biological computer) that stores it's data into the wearer's brain, and streams said data in the wearer's mind without functional delay. This biological computer dubbed 'Maestro' is vitalized and regulated by a parasitic blood-glucose infusion and an electrolytic microstack in the form of a minuscule chip. The non-sentient chip fluidly integrates remote telemetry and first-person input of a maximum of 6,000 differentiated channels e.g. the entire electromagnetic spectrum, acoustic, barometric, pheromonal etc., all in order to construct clear, concise tactical and environmental summaries through a sophisticated interface integrated in the visual cortex. Should somatic damage be sustained, Maestro is tasked with seizing control over the wearer's purely autonomic and regulatory functions. Often misunderstood to only monitor the physical and neurological state of the armor's wearer, Maestro in actuality optimizes said states.
It is additionally tasked with the continuous regulation of the armor's wearer's lactic acid, corticosteroid, and dopamine levels in order to accurately predict and counteract debilitating stress and the production of fatigue toxins. If necessary, Maestro may even aggrandize the wearer's adrenaline, tricyclic, and gamma-Aminobutyric acid levels. Tasked with a multitude of other functions, Maestro acts as a speech synthesizer via standard text interface. Capable of interpreting the wearer's desire to speak via examination of neurological activity, Maestro's speech synthesizer processes this and alters the speech pattern and vocabulary of the wearer while additionally functioning as a subconscious real-time encyclopedia. The alterations in vocabulary and speech patterns coupled with a voice-changer primarily exist to veil the wearer's identity. Maestro's duties also extend to using the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex of the wearer's brain in order to regulate memories.
The armor uses a gold-cobalt oxide lattice to augment it's fuel cell capacity by 50%. It's outer layer/exoskeleton is composed of carboplatinum-reinforced coltan-titanium while monocular stereopsis awards the wearer peerless depth perception. It's visor's lenses granting the wearer unmitigated visual acuity enabling him to perceive beyond the spectrum of light visible to the ordinary human eye. Infrared, ultraviolet, polarized light etc. the visor allows the wearer to see without disruption even in the absence of light and through lead by relying on the cosmic microwave background radiation left over by the Big Bang. Gifted with an optical telescopic zoom and microscopic function, the Madridista Armor enables it's wearer to visually perceive the world in ways beyond the human sensory capacity. Should the environment be devoid of oxygen, the armor provides the wearer with a supply of breathable oxygen by recycling exhaled carbon dioxide into oxygen. Should the wearer find themselves underwater however, this supply of oxygen knows no limit as the armor exploits the process of hydrolysis to break apart water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen while additionally using the hydrogen to further power the armor.
- Nano Fibers: Should the wearer require even more physical strength than that granted by the armor by default, the Madridista Armor can make use of a dormant, secondary quantity of artificial muscle composed of ropes of carbon nanotubes twisted together into thicker yarns and set into paraffin wax. These bundles of 'nano fibers', when exposed to heat or electricity, can contract and grow up to many times stronger than the human muscle. However, due to an advanced and appropriate manufacturing process, this armor's weaved fabric is somewhat superior, rendering the wearer an athletic juggernaut. Following performed tests in one of Avalon's laboratories, the Madridista Armor's nano fiber strength was assessed at 61 tons, and when combined with Santi's natural ability to lift 25, he is rendered capable of lifting a maximum of 86 tons.
- Quantum Dot Nano Crystals & Protein Motors: Due to it's light-weight and efficient internal engineering, the Madridista Armor produces virtually no sound. However, it's stealthiness is best showcased by it's cloaking ability. The armor makes use of a manufactured material with differently-colored lights attached to motors, which are embedded at the surface. These lights can essentially be rotated and turn on and off dynamically to match the color of the surroundings. These motors however, are not electric. They are protein motors which run on tiny microtube rails. And the lights are made up of quantum dot nano crystals which are in essence, highly fluorescent nanoscale metal semiconductors which can absorb and emit light of different wavelengths (colors). These millions of differently colored quantum dots moving around in controlled at the surface of the armor's exoskeleton can flawlessly cloak the wearer by controlling their own intensity and position while the armor's integrated technology uses appropriate video input to capture the surrounding environment.
- Quantum Shielding: When in a situation where added protection is required, the Madridista Armor's durability may be temporarily augmented by one of it's quantum functions. By integrating gravitons (the particles that mediate gravitation) into the elementary makeup of the armor's exoskeleton, Maestro increases the exoskeleton's gravitational binding energy, strengthening it's subatomic structure via a phenomena the Spaniard has christened 'quantum shielding'.
Quantum Computer (Universal Computation By Multi-Particle Quantum Walk)
As a system, Porthos consists of photons in arrays of superconducting qubits that adheres to an innovative quantum model that addresses current obstacles to the attainment of scalable, quantum-based computation. The formulated model 'Universal computation by multi-particle quantum walk relies on the quantum-mechanical analog of the 'random walk' formalization from classical mathematics and physics, wherein the path taken by a molecule consists of a succession of apparently random steps, although, in reality, the path may not be necessarily random. In addition to being a boundless superior to even the most potent of modern supercomputers, Porthos exercises a superiority to even other quantum computers. With it's new quantum walk model, it is not dependent on the active control of qubits (the informational unit of quantum computers comprised of an actual quantum particle, which in this case, is a photon in a superposition state, rendering it significantly more powerful than the standard bit of modern computing).
Because of this, any computational error can be made arbitrarily small, and in principle, Porthos' model can accommodate any quantum algorithm, and potentially unveil new algorithms. Essentially, this universal computational model is the superlative architecture for a scalable quantum computer without the requirement to actively manipulate qubits during computation. With this model, Porthos is allowed to simulate an efficient, multi-particle quantum walk without actually having to conduct a multi-particle quantum walk which in itself is non-scalable. However, as necessary, this model still conforms to bounds e.g. the time and space required to carry out these highly complex operations. Due it's futuristic power, as a quantum computer, Porthos is capable of significantly faster calculations and new types of calculations that current, binary bit-based computers are incapable of. Using a qubit as it's informational unit, a photon in a superposition state (a combination of two basis states), that is one whose polarization state is both vertical and horizontal simultaneously. Simply put, normal digital computing have bit values that are either 0 or 1, whereas the value of a qubit can be both 0 and 1 at once.
For better conceptualization, one can imagine that all computational values (states) are located on the surface of a sphere. In classical digital computing, the value/state of a bit can be either on the sphere's north pole (0) or south pole (1), however, in quantum computing, the value/state of a qubit could lie on the sphere's equator, a superposition state inaccessible to classical computing. Other than the north pole and south pole, the rest of the surface of the sphere is inaccessible to a classical bit, but a pure qubit state can be represented by any point on the surface. Due to the gargantuan quantity of information contained by Porthos, an advanced form of quantum cryptography is used to secure said data. This was accomplished by combining cryptography with quantum phenomena. Fundamentally, cryptography consists of a string of ones and zeros as 'the key'. The addition of the key encodes information, while a subsequent addition decodes it. Modern cryptography is vulnerable as an unauthorized external presence may crack the code by obtaining the key. However, quantum cryptography, coupled with quantum key distribution reveals the intruder's presence should they attempt to interact with the key without authorization.
Additionally, it renders Porthos capable of encoding data inside an individual quantum particle e.g. an electron in one's immediate environment.
Exotic Firearms, Explosives, Weaponry etc.
Opting against making use of weaponry built into his body-armors and exoskeletons with the intention of reducing any unnecessary consumption of energy in exchange for preserving a greater duration of his armors' functionality, the Madridista has instead developed his own array of exotic weaponry ranging from firearms to explosives, to even a technologically aggrandized sword.
Among the very first of his new breed of advanced firearms is an electrothermal accelerator or plasma-powered cannon. In essence, this weapon accelerates a projectile by using a plasma discharge between electrodes at the rear of the barrel, generating an ebullient increase in pressure. The plasma cannon's primary function is no different than that of a standard modern firearm. However, while an ordinary firearm uses a chemical propellant like nitrocellulose or black powder, a plasma cannon instead relies on a plasma discharge. In order to generate the necessary energy required to incite a plasma discharge, the plasma cannon requires a high current, high voltage source and an advanced capacitor bank.
Both are attached in series to the electrode system in the cannon's barrel. In order to maximize effectiveness, the capacitor is loaded with as high a voltage as possible. The capacitor is then discharged, the gap between the electrodes ionizes and turns the non-flammable propellant medium into a superheated conductive plasma. The volumetric expansion then propels the projectile from the barrel at velocities higher than those used by modern firearms. Because it uses electricity as an energy source, the more energy that is supplied, the faster the gases expand, and the faster the projectile is accelerated. This essentially renders it possible to select any velocity desired and also allows the projectile (as stated before) to attain speeds far surpassing the burn rate of any conventional propellant.
Having managed to defeat the previous disadvantage of present concepts of plasma cannons, Santi has developed a model with a size comparable to that of an assault rifle. Additionally, Santi has developed particle-beam weaponry which makes use of high-energy beams of charged particles to damage the atomic and molecular structure of his targets. These particles are accelerated and directed by an electromagnetic field along a predetermined path, and the streams are subsequently focused by electrostatic lenses into powerful beams. His standard particle-beam weapons make use of charged particles e.g. ionized atoms, protons, electrons, positrons etc., while his more advanced models make use of exotic particles. Both models accelerate their respective particles at near-superluminal speeds, awarding said particles a colossal amount of kinetic energy as they are shot at the target in question.
The monstrous quantity of kinetic energy carried by these particles viciously bombard the matter in the target's surface, inducing almost instant superheating. The Spaniard has also indulged in the innovation of bladed weaponry, particularly an experimentally aggrandized European long-sword. The sword's blade is structurally fortified by quantum-shielding, it's gravitational binding energy strengthening it's subatomic structure, rendering it incredibly durable and capable of surviving very high-force impacts without breaking or shattering, whereas any other bladed weapon would yield. It is also reinforced by a powerful alternating current and resonates at extremely high frequencies. This oscillation weakens the molecular bonds of anything it cuts, exponentially increasing it's cutting power. Additionally, this sword dubbed 'Mamba', absorbs MCFC electrolytes from those it cuts and feeds them directly to it's wielder.
The following are other advanced forms of the Posh Porthos' innovative weaponry:
- RELA-27 Assault Rifle: A high-caliber battle rifle, the RELA-27 is an assault rifle boasting monstrous stopping power, designed specifically to augment the shooter's effective range and overall destructive capacity. It features both semiautomatic and three round burst-fire modes. The RELA-27 fires a 6.8x45mm tungsten hollow point round as it's primary rounds, however, it can also fire armor-piercing rounds as it's modular design enables facile customization for both short and long-ranged combat options. It has a magazine capacity of 24 rounds and is ideal as a rifle at medium to long ranges in semi-auto fire, where their high firepower more than offsets the slight increase in recoil. It's burst fire mode is particularly powerful at close range, however it's lack of full auto fire limits fire speed between bursts, and it's small clip can render the shooter more vulnerable up close. Santi however, does not use this weapon in frequency.
- GAU-8 Coil Rifle: A very long-range weapon with impeccable accuracy, the GAU-8 is a highly advanced coilgun which in essence is a type of projectile accelerator consisting of one or more coils used as electromagnets in the configuration of a linear motor that accelerates a ferromagnetic or conducting projectile at high velocities. The GAU-8 functions as a single shot rifle with a low rate of fire and a maximum ammunition of 40 and a muzzle velocity of 10,000 meters per second. It fires slugs of high-density metal alloys such as depleted uranium and tungsten carbide at eight times the speed of sound. It operates as a bolt-action weapon with an accompanying flashlight, long-range laser pointer and scope for increased accuracy. Though a powerful firearm due it's very high muzzle velocity and anti-material functions, it has a small magazine size and a low rate of fire.
- EX-9 Rail Rifle: A highly advanced anti-material rifle developed from railgun technology, the EX-9 relies on magnetic fields to hyper-accelerate projectiles to blistering speeds. It is fueled by an 8-megajoule capacitor bank using solid state switches and high-energy density capacitors to generate truly unmatched stopping power. It combines increased power and muzzle velocity with reduced recoil. It's peerless muzzle velocity in particular provides greater range, less bullet drop and less wind drift than any potential firearm rival. It boasts a rate of fire of 55 RPM, a magazine size of 10, a maximum ammunition of 40, a muzzle velocity twice greater than the GAU-8's, and tungsten carbide ammunition.
- Relampago Sniper Rifle 1 & 2: Santi's only developed sniper rifle models, the first Relampago Sniper Rifle is primarily reliant on a semiautomatic fire mode. It makes use of a powerful electrostatic discharge to fire a very powerful bolt of electricity/plasma bolt and a built-in scope to maximize accuracy for very long-ranged shots. The rate of fire however, is low. The second version however, holds a reservoir of ferrofluid, magnetically drawn into the firing chamber and expelled at lethal velocities. Mimicking a high-pressure water jet, the propelled ferrofluid cuts through nearly any physical material and boasts a penetration rate over of 100cm.
- M-Plasma Shotgun: One of his most potent firearms, Santi's M-Plasma Shotgun fires miniature but very potent cluster rounds of superconducting projectiles, it's propellant-form awarding it a longer range than those boasted by modern shotguns. The weapon flaunts a two-stage trigger system enabling either quick-fire capacitors or a charge-and-release form of shooting that ionizes (and thus electrifies) the projectiles. Upon contact with the target, rounds will fragment and arcs of electricity between the fragments flash-converts the air into plasma. The combined heat, impact, and electrical charge is designed to overcome shields and barriers with the intention of causing immense trauma to the target. Being a shotgun, it's accuracy is not particularly impressive. It boasts a fire rate of 174 RPM and moderate recoil. It is a semiautomatic firearm.
- M-Plasma Assault Rifle: Similar to the M-Plasma Shotgun, it's rendition of an assault rifle magnetically flings clusters of superconducting toroids designed to shatter upon impact, arcing electricity between the fragments and flash-converting them to plasma so that the rifle's bombarding, automatic blasts impact with the scorching heat.
- M-Plasma Submachine Gun (SMG): Like it's shotgun and assault rifle versions, the M-Plasma SMG functions on similar principles. It shoots superconducting toroids that break apart on impact, retaining an electrical charge that flash-converts the shrapnel into plasma. However, unlike both the shotgun and assault rifle, it has been modified to take thermal clips. Holding down the trigger speeds up it's rate of fire, rapidly depleting the gun's heat sink in exchange for nearly continuous fire. It is an automatic firearm.
- TH-4 Pistol: A charged semiautomatic heavy pistol that requires only thermal clips to address any apparent power problems, the TH-4 pistol makes use of an invisible laser to ionize the air and create a path for a high-ampere electric shock.
- HH-60 Assault Rifle: The rounds used by this firearm are smaller and lighter than the 5.56mm firing solution used by several NATO countries. Consequently, it offers increased ammunition storage per-magazine with zero impact on combat effectiveness. This weapon's specialized rounds offer much higher muzzle velocity and greater armor penetration than conventional ammunition, being a fin-stabilized hypersonic dart rather than a slug. With somewhat of a short barrel, it is optimized for close-quarter combat, and a high cyclic rate of 900 rounds per minute. It boasts a magazine size of 40, a maximum ammunition of 160, and a rate of fire of 900 RPM. Additionally, the assault rifle possesses a silencer, under barrel shotgun, and combat scope.
- Goliath-40 Grenade Launcher: An automatic drum-fed grenade launcher, the Goliath-40 can fire at up to 80 rounds per minute, fortifying it as an extremely devastating weapon of catastrophic capacity. Linked to either of the computerized systems harbored by whichever armor the Spaniard is wearing, it sets a marker on the location to be bombarded, and a target is displayed on the Head-Up-Display. The grenade launcher boasts a high rate of fire (80 rounds per minute) and inflicts extreme damage with it's 40mm electromagnetic grenade shells which flaunt far greater destructive capacity than anti-tank grenades. It has a muzzle velocity of 40 meters per second.
- Relampago Grenades: These grenades make use of very powerful electrostatic discharges to generate a highly destructive outward flailing burst of electricity that flings electrically charged shrapnel towards the target. The explosion encompasses a maximum radius of 5.4m and generates a force of up to 2400N.
- Electromagnetic Grenades, Flash Grenades & Smoke Grenades: This grenade emits a powerful electromagnetic pulse upon detonation that disables electronic devices within a radius of 10m. Additionally, they may be made to function as flash grenades that temporarily blind and deafen the target, as well as smoke grenades that erupt into a cloud of obscuring grey smoke.
- Plasma Grenades: This grenade, upon impact, breaks apart into five pieces of shrapnel that are electrically charged and subsequently detonate in a large burst of superheated plasma that burns at extremely high temperature, scorching nearly anything within a radius of 4.50m.
- Armor Repair Matrix: An adhesive badge that temporarily reinforces the armor with metal-repelling Foucault currents to increase the wearer's speed, strengthen quantum-shielding, and decrease damage sustained for approximately fifteen seconds, it is among Santi's most useful inoffensive tools.
- ABG-21: A recoil-operated, semi-automatic, long-ranged rifle, the ABG-21 is 122.8 centimeters in length, and weighs 15 pounds. Boasting a magazine size of 18 rounds, a maximum ammunition of 5 magazines, and a 2x zoom ability, it ranks among some of Santiago's finest ranged firearms. It fires radioactively charged rods encased in magnetic fields at supersonic velocities. Along it's entire flight path, the rods consume up to 50% of their total mass and against light armored targets, the rounds' supersonic velocities and superheated properties virtually assure graphic penetration. At close range, due to it's kinetic energy, the rods can drill through entire targets should they face no resistance from armor. Rounds that halt inside the target's body continue to burn the victim's viscera until the rounds inevitably cool off. Though usually, if not death, the consequences of being shot by the radioactive rounds are radiation poisoning.
- M2-Plasma Rifle: Superior to it's predecessor, the M-Plasma Assault Rifle, the M2-Plasma Rifle is a directed-energy weapon that instead of projectile ammunition, uses superheated ionized gas, 'plasma'. Boasting a power output of 100-150 KV @ 2~3 dA, and capable of firing 360 to 540 rounds per minute, the M2-Plasma Rifle is capable of semi-automatic and full automatic fire enabled by a dual plasma collimator design. Positioned atop one another, these collimators fire in a stagger taking the slow automatic fire of each individual collimator and coupling it, enabling a much faster rate of fire and more rounds per second. The rifle's superheated plasma is of such severity that against exposed flesh, it causes fourth-degree burns which scorch away all flesh, with only bone tissue left as remnants. Even near misses produce severe burns and heat trauma, however, over-extended periods of firing can overheat the rifle, rendering it unusable for a succinct period of time. It boasts a rate of fire of 450 RPM, a muzzle velocity of 126 m/s, and a maximum ammunition of 100 battery units.
- Saber-10 Rifle: Like the EX-9 Rail Rifle, the Saber-10 borrows from railgun technology that used magnetic fields to hyper-accelerate projectiles to lethal velocities. A fully automatic, magazine-fed firearm, it's ammunition takes the form of metal projectiles that are superheated and elongated into metallic spikes. Two large blades of tungsten carbide are mounted under the weapon's barrel, enabling it to additionally function as a melee weapon. The ammunition is fed into the weapon via a small drum magazine with a 40-round capacity. A single-handed rifle, the Saber-10 boasts a magazine size of 40-rounds, a maximum ammuniton of 320 rounds, a rate of fire of 480 rnds/min, a muzzle velocity of 76.2 m/s, and a maximum range of 40 meters. Superior to any SMG as there is no requirement to adjust to compensate for recoil, the Saber-10 is particularly lethal as it's high velocity and kinetic impact perform well against heavily armored or shielded targets, allowing it's rounds to viciously tear through the victim's tissue.
- M-Plasma Grenade Launcher: Another installment in the 'M-Plasma' series of his developed weaponry, the M-Plasma Grenade Launcher ranks among Santiago's most destructive weapons, boasting a four bolt-burst fire mode. The plasma-based grenade launcher possesses the maximum capacity to fire no more than twelve plasma grenades, whether fired individually or in bursts. Additionally, the M-Plasma Grenade Launcher has a 2.5x Zoom capability and it's integrated aiming technology enables the user to lock onto targets from farther away than unzoomed. Innovative plasma-grenades constitute the grenade launcher's primary ammunition. When launched, the grenades emit gaseous plasma that instantaneously ionize and triggers the grenade shell's detonation after a three-second period. In addition to elephantine concussive force, the detonation releases a violent burst of superheated plasma, subjecting the detonation zone to extremely high temperatures. Due to the absence of a containing electromagnetic field, the plasma deionizes and cools down quickly, the thermal expansion subsequently causes the heat of the explosion to fan outward and upward, subjecting an area of up to forty feet away to intense temperatures until fully cooled. Following the initial explosion, the detonation area remains temporarily ionized with negatively and positively charges particles, leaving behind visible electrical filaments for a brief period. The grenades' explosion kill anything within a 13 feet radius, the heat flash and extreme temperatures vaporizing the targets' internal fluids and burns flesh and bone to a cringe-worthy charred state.
- HM-Laser Rifle: A shoulder-fired weapon, the HM-Laser Rifle is as it name describes, a laser-weapon. One of Santiago's directed-energy weapons, the rifle generates an initial targeting laser to aim at the target. Following a two second time period, the primary high-powered laser is then fired. This secondary, high-powered laser hits the target with a train of brief pulses of light, using the rapid evaporation and expansion of the surface to induce explosive shock-waves that severely damage the target. As it is a laser, the beam travels at exactly the speed of light.
- Anaconda Rocket Launcher: A semi-automatic weapon, the highly destructive rocket launcher makes use of 102mm high-explosive anti-tank warheads as it's primary ammunition. The weapon flaunts a 2x scope enabling Santiago to fire rockets over long distances with pinpoint accuracy, though as the distance increases, the altitude of the rockets decreases. When reloaded, the barrels are moved and two preloaded barrels are then inserted into the unit. This allows for the exponential reduction of the weapon's weight. The concussive force and released heat from the rocket's detonation causes a large degree of destruction. The Anaconda boasts a magazine size of 2 rockets, a maximum ammunition of 8 rockets, and a rate of fire of 1 rocket per second.
Swords, Blades, Shield etc.
While in possession of technologically innovative firearms and long-ranged weaponry, Santi has imparted an equal amount of effort in the development of advanced forms of melee weaponry. Perhaps the Spaniard's first melee innovation came in the form of what was initially an endeavor in experimentation regarding a purchased European long-sword.
Replacing it's blade with one forged from a steel-obsidian alloy and fortifying it's subatomic structure with increased gravitational binding energy, rendering it exponentially more tolerant to kinetic force, the sword was subsequently named 'Mamba'. Reinforced by a powerful alternating current, it resonates at extremely high frequencies. This oscillation is used to weaken the molecular bonds of anything it cuts, dramatically aggrandizing it's lethality.
Mamba however, boasts an additional characteristic which is the ability to absorb MCFC electrolytes from those it cuts and feed them directly to it's wielder. However, what has since become his main melee weapon is an energy-sword 'Ion' which consists of a curved hilt, harboring an energy storage module and a device for projecting the plasma which forms the bladed portion of the weapon.
This is composed of two partially ionized blades of free moving electron-infused gas held in a bladed shape by a generated magnetic field. This forms and contains oval-shaped, ionized blades that are particularly lethal against solid matter as the edges are extremely volatile and superheated by searing temperatures, enabling it to cut through virtually any physical substance. The weapon is measured at 4.15 feet in length, 18 inches in width, 3.7 inches in thickness, and 5.2 pounds in weight.
In addition to these unorthodox swords, Santi has forged his own combat knife. It's blade boasts a length of 7.9 inches in length and is crafted from high carbon steel, an anti-flash non-reflective titanium carbide coating, edge coated for resistance against rust and corrosion. And while emphasizing the importance of offense in combat, Santi is relatively concerned with defense technology as well.
And after being allowed to study Lady Liberty's acquired gravity gauntlets, the Madridista was inspired to develop an argent wrist bracelet that while does not necessarily manipulate gravitation, it exploits the graviphoton which is the superpartner of the graviton (the hypothetical particle said to mediate gravitation). Unlike the graviton, the graviphoton behaves similarly to a photon and generates a repulsive force, not unlike anti-gravity. It is this repulsive force that is technologically harnessed by the bracelet to generate an enveloping, spherical protective force field of repelling anti-gravity around the wearer.
This anti-gravity force field is powerful enough to endure facilely endure the force of high-caliber bullets, as well as highly destructive explosions, hazardous temperatures etc.