20 Comments
Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau

comics, sci-fi, and fantasy

Posted by Sexy Merc

No one has called me a nerd for liking comics before...

Posted by Vrakmul

Since you have used meme-worthy grammar I shall respond with a meme myself.  
 
What is this I don't even?

Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau
@Sexy Merc said:
" No one has called me a nerd for liking comics before... "
You're a nerd for liking comics. Fixed that problem ;P
Posted by DH69

these days comic, fantasy, and sci-fi, have managed to cross over into the norm. but my god LARPing is nerdy

Posted by danhimself

people who read fantasy novels....that's just wrong

Posted by Sexy Merc
@Gambler said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" No one in real life has called me a nerd for liking comics before... "
You're a nerd for liking comics. Fixed that problem ;P "
Mwuahaha, editing for the win.
Posted by Vrakmul
@DH69 said:
" these days comic, fantasy, and sci-fi, have managed to cross over into the norm. but my god LARPing is nerdy "
Not so much Comics, and it depends on what particular fantasy or sci-fi story.  No one is going to know what you are talking about if you bring up the Xeelee sequence, and being a star trek or star wars fan will single you out as a nerd, well actually sci-fi in general is still seen as nerdy.  Fantasy is making progress though. 
Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau

In all seriousness, comics have become pretty main stream. Rappers continually drop references to comicbook characters, Dwayne Wade embraces his "Flash" nickname, Shaq is an avid Superman fan, Dwight Howard played up the Superman role at the dunk contest when he broke out the cape and later brought out a prop telephone booth. Nate Robinson in return busted out Kryptonite shoes (Nike was even going to market a campaign around the idea but the DCU balked at the idea if I remember correctly). Every other week a new superhero movie comes out. NFL announcer Chris Berman   always makes some sort of Batman/Bruce Wayne/Batcave/Bat Signal/Bat something or other whenever Colts WR Reggie Wayne does something. Comics have gone mainstream and in some weird way so has being a nerd.

Posted by Vrakmul
@Gambler said:
" In all seriousness, comics have become pretty main stream. Rappers continually drop references to comicbook characters, Dwayne Wade embraces his "Flash" nickname, Shaq is an avid Superman fan, Dwight Howard played up the Superman role at the dunk contest when he broke out the cape and later brought out a prop telephone booth. Nate Robinson in return busted out Kryptonite shoes (Nike was even going to market a campaign around the idea but the DCU balked at the idea if I remember correctly). Every other week a new superhero movie comes out. NFL announcer Chris Berman   always makes some sort of Batman/Bruce Wayne/Batcave/Bat Signal/Bat something or other whenever Colts WR Reggie Wayne does something. Comics have gone mainstream and in some weird way so has being a nerd. "
I suspect it's more for the movies and cartoons than anything else.  The sales of comic books themselves and the health of the industry though is plummeting off a cliff with a 500 ton lead weight attached to it's feet though.  The medium may fade into obscurity, but the characters will continue to grow in popularity.
Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau
@Dreadnaught said:
" I suspect it's more for the movies and cartoons than anything else.  The sales of comic books themselves and the health of the industry though is plummeting off a cliff with a 500 ton lead weight attached to it's feet though.  The medium may fade into obscurity, but the characters will continue to grow in popularity. "
I'll believe it when I see it.
Posted by Vrakmul
@Gambler said:
" @Dreadnaught said:
" I suspect it's more for the movies and cartoons than anything else.  The sales of comic books themselves and the health of the industry though is plummeting off a cliff with a 500 ton lead weight attached to it's feet though.  The medium may fade into obscurity, but the characters will continue to grow in popularity. "
I'll believe it when I see it. "
The hippies will force us to abandon paper to save their precious trees sooner or later.
Posted by KNIGHT SAVIOR

it also depend how old you are , if you're 10 to 13 years old people wouldn't care as much or not at all , but if you're 10 to 20 years (in my case 30 years) older people look at you different . even thought they wont say it to your face they are thinking it 
Posted by Vrakmul
@KNIGHT SAVIOR said:
" it also depend how old you are , if you're 10 to 13 years old people wouldn't care as much or not at all , but if you're 10 to 20 years (in my case 30 years) older people look at you different . even thought they wont say it to your face they are thinking it  "
If you are forty years old, are obese, and live in your mother's basement and smell funny, you are way beyond being a nerd. 
Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau
@Dreadnaught said:
" @Gambler said:
" @Dreadnaught said:
" I suspect it's more for the movies and cartoons than anything else.  The sales of comic books themselves and the health of the industry though is plummeting off a cliff with a 500 ton lead weight attached to it's feet though.  The medium may fade into obscurity, but the characters will continue to grow in popularity. "
I'll believe it when I see it. "
The hippies will force us to abandon paper to save their precious trees sooner or later. "
HA!
 
@Dreadnaught said:
" @KNIGHT SAVIOR said:
" it also depend how old you are , if you're 10 to 13 years old people wouldn't care as much or not at all , but if you're 10 to 20 years (in my case 30 years) older people look at you different . even thought they wont say it to your face they are thinking it  "
If you are forty years old, are obese, and live in your mother's basement and smell funny, you are way beyond being a nerd.  "

lmao Dread you're crazy lol
Edited by Vrakmul
@Gambler said:
" @Dreadnaught said:
" @Gambler said:
" @Dreadnaught said:
" I suspect it's more for the movies and cartoons than anything else.  The sales of comic books themselves and the health of the industry though is plummeting off a cliff with a 500 ton lead weight attached to it's feet though.  The medium may fade into obscurity, but the characters will continue to grow in popularity. "
I'll believe it when I see it. "
The hippies will force us to abandon paper to save their precious trees sooner or later. "
HA!
 
@Dreadnaught said:
" @KNIGHT SAVIOR said:
" it also depend how old you are , if you're 10 to 13 years old people wouldn't care as much or not at all , but if you're 10 to 20 years (in my case 30 years) older people look at you different . even thought they wont say it to your face they are thinking it  "
If you are forty years old, are obese, and live in your mother's basement and smell funny, you are way beyond being a nerd.  "
lmao Dread you're crazy lol "
Staying in 4chan forces you to get a very sharp wit or drown in obscenities.  :P
Posted by joshmightbe

look on the bright side nerds end up rich and in charge where as the jocks generally end up as mall cops

Online
Posted by scourgexlvii

I don't know what really counts as nerds anymore. I'm a D&D playing, Sci-fi reading, Comic reading, Casual gamer, but I'd say I'm less nerdy than a few of my friends, who do none of those things. I think it comes down to attitude, really. I can't really explain it, but it's something you just know when you see.

Edited by ComicMan24

I don't think that the things you mentioned can make someone  a nerd anymore.

Posted by Retnex

Nerd = Extremely studious, naturally smart person 
Geek = Likes comics, sci-fi, ect. 
 
Dork = A mix of the two