That Toy Centipede went inside that guy's pants and ate his penis and balls.
That Toy Centipede went inside that guy's pants and ate his penis and balls.
1. So in your opinion Adam and Eve were mere puppets that did whatever they were told? It's impossible for that to be the case because then there would be no free will. And Satan gave no command, he made a statement that contradicted God's command. They chose to believe Satan.
Did they know it was Satan? I'm pretty sure talking Serpents weren't a thing, so it'd be kinda obvious.
2. Which page? ;_; And just because it doesn't take place in the time of Adam and Eve doesn't mean it doesn't have the same impact.
... That Gif's a bit more violent than what I intended. ;_;
But Why does being innocent mean that they were unable to make decisions? They have free will, that's the entire point. If God wanted meat puppets then we'd have no freewill and we'd ignore everything Satan said. ~_~ First Stage of Humankind? O_o
4. Your opinion, you mean. You admit to being biased then you say we're garbage for having our opinion and way of interpreting it.
5. That's how humans see it, but all sin separates us from God and makes us imperfect. You want him to pick and choose who lives and who should get thrown in Hell according to YOUR beliefs and morals?
... So now we have a bunch of immortal killers walking around unable to use their arms.... how exactly does this help? xD
Where exactly are you getting your information from? Jesus = God,
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
Yes, the Father totally wanted to watch His Son die. /sarcasm
The tree of life would fix the physical death, but it would not fix:
So tell me again why you think Tree of Life > Heaven?
6. Yup, you're totally able to say what I have and have not read in my life. You are omniscient then?
7. I admit the Metaphor may not have been perfect, but the main idea was there, let's look at the story a bit.
24 Again the anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go and take a census of Israel and Judah.”
If we go from what I understand, Israel was sinning so God let Satan tempt David,
11 Before David got up the next morning, the word of the Lord had come to Gad the prophet, David’s seer: 12 “Go and tell David, ‘This is what the Lord says: I am giving you three options. Choose one of them for me to carry out against you.’”
13 So Gad went to David and said to him, “Shall there come on you three[b] years of famine in your land? Or three months of fleeing from your enemies while they pursue you? Or three days of plague in your land? Now then, think it over and decide how I should answer the one who sent me.”
14 David said to Gad, “I am in deep distress. Let us fall into the hands of the Lord, for his mercy is great; but do not let me fall into human hands.”
15 So the Lord sent a plague on Israel from that morning until the end of the time designated, and seventy thousand of the people from Dan to Beersheba died. 16 When the angel stretched out his hand to destroy Jerusalem, the Lord relented concerning the disaster and said to the angel who was afflicting the people, “Enough! Withdraw your hand.” The angel of the Lord was then at the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.
17 When David saw the angel who was striking down the people, he said to the Lord, “I have sinned; I, the shepherd,[c] have done wrong. These are but sheep. What have they done? Let your hand fall on me and my family.”
God told David to choose from 3 punishments, not necessarily all of them would've ended in tons of death. David chose the pestilence.
So from what I understand,
1. This all happened BECAUSE the people of Israel were sinning. They were not innocent.
2. David chose the punishment that caused Death
3. God stopped the Angel from killing more people because he was upset about all the death.
1. At that point in time, Humans didn't have Free Will... we didn't have the ability to choose between Good or Evil because the knowledge to do such a thing was on the Very Tree that we was Forbidden to eat from. Therefore, Mankind simply followed the commands of what was being told to them. GOD spake and they followed... until the Serpent spake and caused the problems.
The Serpent did give a command "It was to eat from the tree as if you do you would become more like GOD" he didn't force them to eat from the tree with his words... but GOD didn't force them not to eat from the tree with his words either. It was a command in the sense it was a statement to entice a certain action of activity. When GOD spake his command cause Adam and Eve to stay away from the Forbidden Tree... When Satan spake his command enticed Eve to eat from the Tree.
Say What ? So because Adam and Eve never heard a Serpent talk that means that they would know it was Satan talking to them ? The only thing they could know was that this was a Talking Snake... not that it was Evil or against GOD. The knowledge to know these things are of Good and Evil and that knowledge is on.... you guessed it, the Tree they was forbidden to eat from.
2. Page 7 I believe... well the problem is that the scripture in Deuteronomy 30:19 can only apply to the Israelites in this context as GOD is basically laying out what happens with Obedience towards him and what happens with Disobedience towards him. In Genesis with Adam and Eve, GOD only layed out what would happen if you ate from the Forbidden Tree... he never said anything about that which would allow you to live and prosper greatly as he was getting across in Deuteronomy 30. Hence, the context of the scripture only fits what I was talking about.
3. It's not the innocence that makes them unable to make decisions... it's the lack of knowledge of Good and Evil that does as it was on the Tree they was not supposed to eat from. The innocence part I was using in context with their understanding or lack there of about the things happening around them... to get the point across that their understanding and awareness was not up to part with Regular Adults along with the fact that they lacked the knowledge of Good and Evil to discern.
4. I use my own reasoning to generate my own thoughts... Yeah, and I do that because we are all biased here.... and I do believe your position is garbage. You may not like it... but it is what it is. At least on this issue.
5. No, personally I don't think any human should go to Hell... therefore, I aint picking and choosing anyone to go to Hell. I just recognize that all Sin is not equal... as all Sin does not have equal effect and value towards whom it harms and causes damage. GOD should understand that... that regardless if we are all imperfect, a 98 A is better than a 74 C.
Well if the Immortal Killers are unable to use their arms this helps a Lot... as it means they can't kill anyone. Wow, debate fatigue is killing you.
I get my information from the Bible... you say Jesus equal GOD... but that's not true... Jesus said multiple times that the Father was greater than he was. So if the Father is greater than Jesus... and The Father is GOD. How can Jesus = GOD ?
John 14:28 proves that.
That second scripture you gave is dealing with Humans... but it does not mean GOD was not willing to sacrifice his Son for the sake of saving Mankind.
The first scripture shows that Jesus got weak as a Human... all through the New Testament, Jesus constantly said he was about doing what his Father sent him to do... which was to eventually die for Mankind. Yahweh obviously wanted to kill his Son as he has all power and could have chosen to save man in a many other ways as one I gave with The Tree of Life as stated in Genesis.
The Tree of Life does not have to fix Spiritual Death because if we are Physically Alive we can disregard need for Spiritual Things... Also, GOD spoke to several humans even after the fall of Man ( Moses ) so technically GOD could speak to human and being in communication with us.... if he wants to.
People can still choose to do Good... Sin is just disobeying GOD... it's not like we would have to go against GOD all the time... and with GOD using his power to bind up the Evil Ones... it would work out well anyways.
Man has a nature to disobey God and to obey him too... like I said, we don't just disobey GOD all the time. You may think yourself so lowly that you have such a horrible nature because the Bible says so. But that same Bible says that David was a Man after GOD's own heart... and David was a murderer and an adulterer. So Good can be found even in the worst of people.
The Tree of Life was the remedy to the problem of Adam and Eve sinning... Heaven was never apart of the original plan for Man as GOD put Man on Earth to have dominion over it originally. So if GOD wanted to finish that plan... he could have with the Tree of Life...
6. I can tell by the way you are posting a lot of this stuff is new to you... you may have read the Bible causally like most Christians but not too in depth...
7. I am glad you actually went back and read the story... this goes back to what I said in Number 6. Anyways lets see what you have here...
1. You say that this all happened because Israel was sinning... well, here is the problem.
If Yahweh was mad at Israel for sinning then why didn't GOD deal with Israel for sinning accordingly... why did GOD causes David to sin ( take a census when he was not told to ) so he could punish Israel ? This actually makes GOD somewhat vindictive here... because it was the census itself that caused for this situation Not the Sin of Israel... because it was not until David took the census that Yahweh had David choose from the plagues based on David's wrongdoing.
True, but why exactly was Yahweh punishing Israel when it was David that caused for this problem in the first place ? Think about it... if it was all about the Israelites doing something wrong then why the heck would GOD have Satan incite David to take a census so that he could have the opportunity to kill 70,000 People ? Also, consider the fact that Yahweh is Omniscient meaning GOD knew that of the three choices he gave David he knew that David would choose to have the plague that would kill 70,000 making this even worse.
GOD did stop the Angel from killing more people... but was not 70,000 people enough already ? Especially since it was for the Sin of one man ? I mean seriously dude look at the 17th verse which you quoted. It clearly has David saying he was the one who did wrong with taking the Census and he should be punished not the sheep ( the children of Israel ).
I am sorry dude... but you aint doing better. I mean I am glad you are reading these things I am bring up to you. But you are still suffering from debate fatigue.
Got Damn... this was a long one.
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment