22 Comments
Posted by JonesDeini

Looks like Stormwatch/Demon Knights will definitely be sister books.

Posted by longbowhunter

Yeah Ryan Sook is a madman! The best of the bunch!
Posted by JonesDeini

@longbowhunter:

I'm saddened that Francavilla's not the fill for Swamp Thing :(

Posted by longbowhunter
@JonesDeini
Right that was the deal wasnt it. Francavilla was supposed to be the guest artist on Swamp Thing. I forgot about that.
Posted by JonesDeini

@longbowhunter said:

@JonesDeini: Right that was the deal wasnt it. Francavilla was supposed to be the guest artist on Swamp Thing. I forgot about that.

I'm glad DC's committed to getting books out on time, but it still bothers me when artists come in unexpected. I mean sure Choi anywhere is a good thing, but seriously not even half a year before we start this? McCarthy on Nightwing, ChrissCross on Batwing? Some dude I've never heard of on Swamp Thing? Not bad artists at all, but I hate when art switches up abruptly.

Posted by Mercy_

@JonesDeini said:

@longbowhunter said:

@JonesDeini: Right that was the deal wasnt it. Francavilla was supposed to be the guest artist on Swamp Thing. I forgot about that.

I'm glad DC's committed to getting books out on time, but it still bothers me when artists come in unexpected. I mean sure Choi anywhere is a good thing, but seriously not even half a year before we start this? McCarthy on Nightwing, ChrissCross on Batwing? Some dude I've never heard of on Swamp Thing? Not bad artists at all, but I hate when art switches up abruptly.

Especially in the middle of an arc. That can take me right out of a story.

Moderator
Posted by JonesDeini

@The Dark Huntress:

Well said.

Posted by Blurred View

Looks cool overall. I think I will probably only still be reading Swamp Thing and Demon Knights by December, though. And I agree DC are taking a gamble on this "schedule over art" stance. So long as a new artist doesn't have a totally different style in the middle of a story, I'm okay with it. I like my stories to feel as consistent as possible.

Posted by JonesDeini

@Blurred View said:

Looks cool overall. I think I will probably only still be reading Swamp Thing and Demon Knights by December, though. And I agree DC are taking a gamble on this "schedule over art" stance. So long as a new artist doesn't have a totally different style in the middle of a story, I'm okay with it. I like my stories to feel as consistent as possible.

Word, I don't see myself dropping any of my Dark titles, my only wild cards are Demon Knights and JLD...JLD can really turn out flat out amazing or utter garbage, I foresee no middle ground for that book.

Posted by Blurred View

@JonesDeini said:

Word, I don't see myself dropping any of my Dark titles, my only wild cards are Demon Knights and JLD...JLD can really turn out flat out amazing or utter garbage, I foresee no middle ground for that book.

Yeah. I might like JLD. I might not. I really have no idea yet. And I guess I may stick with Animal Man since it connects to Swamp Thing. That trick of DC's is likely to work on me for the time being.

Posted by Billy Batson

Love the covers.
BB

Posted by aztek_the_lost

Reading "straight from Justice League Dark comes John Constantine" made me die a little inside

Moderator
Posted by entropy_aegis

Hmmm,never liked these magical/supernatural stories.Give me sci-fi every day.

Posted by Billy Batson

@aztek_the_lost said:

Reading "straight from Justice League Dark comes John Constantine" made me die a little inside

Proper reaction.

BB

Posted by fodigg

A villain named the "Transhuman" for Resurrection Man? Isn't the ability to resurrect in a new body kind of a transhumanist theme?

Posted by Or35ti

I love the Swamp Thing, Frankenstein and I, Vampire covers!

Edited by Adnan

@fodigg: That's exactly what I was thinking when reading that solicit too. Although, Res Man does what he does unwillingly. Actually calling yourself (I assume he calls himself that) 'Transhuman' implies you have some sorta control over it, I think.

Looking forward to Demon Knights, Res Man, and (maybe) JLD. I seriously don't know whether I should pick up I, Vampire or not...

Posted by JonesDeini

@Adnan said:

@fodigg: That's exactly what I was thinking when reading that solicit too. Although, Res Man does what he does unwillingly. Actually calling yourself (I assume he calls himself that) 'Transhuman' implies you have some sorta control over it, I think.

Looking forward to Demon Knights, Res Man, and (maybe) JLD. I seriously don't know whether I should pick up I, Vampire or not...

I know nothing of the writer...and honestly I've got American Vampire for those needs.

Posted by Adnan

@JonesDeini: He's written a lot of Vampirella, so I'd have assumed that it'll be like that, but with a few DC characters, concepts, and stuff. But the solicits and the character designs (shown on the covers) are really giving off that Twilight-y feel, which I can't shrug off despite interviews where he states "it's not like how you think it'll be".

Posted by JonesDeini

@Adnan: Hmmm Never had much interest in Vampirella, and I too am a bit worried by the character designs. The original I, Vampire stuff had some interesting concepts though.

Posted by MrUnknown

Man, that Ryan Sook is epic! I still think JL Dark is going to be my favourite of the 52!

Posted by JonesDeini

@MrUnknown said:

Man, that Ryan Sook is epic! I still think JL Dark is going to be my favourite of the 52!

I REALLY hope it lives up to it's massive potential. Milligan is getting to play with some truly amazing characters and concepts in this book.