19 Comments
Posted by shawn87

Awesome! I love Brian K Vaughan. Just that cover alone has me intrigued. The fact that it's published by Image tells me it's bound to be awesome. They put out a lot of underrated material that tends to fly under the radar but is awesome nevertheless. 

Posted by JonesDeini
@shawn87 said:
Awesome! I love Brian K Vaughan. Just that cover alone has me intrigued. The fact that it's published by Image tells me it's bound to be awesome. They put out a lot of underrated material that tends to fly under the radar but is awesome nevertheless. 
Word!!! With Hickman's Red Wing, Spencer's Morning Glories/The Infinite Vacation, Kirkman's Walking Dead, Snyder's upcoming Severed, and now this Image is cementing it's spot as my favorite publisher!!! 
Posted by MatKrenz

Cool BKV back in comics. I love Runaways and I started reading Y The Last Man and im loving that. The premise here seems interesting.
Online
Posted by shawn87
@JonesDeini said:
@shawn87 said:
Awesome! I love Brian K Vaughan. Just that cover alone has me intrigued. The fact that it's published by Image tells me it's bound to be awesome. They put out a lot of underrated material that tends to fly under the radar but is awesome nevertheless. 
Word!!! With Hickman's Red Wing, Spencer's Morning Glories/The Infinite Vacation, Kirkman's Walking Dead, Snyder's upcoming Severed, and now this Image is cementing it's spot as my favorite publisher!!! 
 
I also enjoy Invincible, Chew and Haunt from them as well. 
Posted by aztek_the_lost

I'll be reading it, not just because BKV is one of the finest writers in the medium but because I loved Fiona's covers for DV8: Gods and Monsters and want to see more of her art

Moderator
Posted by JonesDeini
@shawn87:  
I'm actually dropping Haunt. It peaked for me at issue 12 and hit a wall from 13 onward. Invincible's a must buy month in and month out for me.   
 
@aztek the lost said:

I'll be reading it, not just because BKV is one of the finest writers in the medium but because I loved Fiona's covers for DV8: Gods and Monsters and want to see more of her art

She's amazing, I just got hip to here through her covers for T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents. I can't wait to see what kind of Interior art she brings to the table. 
Posted by Nighthunter
@JonesDeini said:
@shawn87:  
I'm actually dropping Haunt. It peaked for me at issue 12 and hit a wall from 13 onward. Invincible's a must buy month in and month out for me.   
 
@aztek the lost said:

I'll be reading it, not just because BKV is one of the finest writers in the medium but because I loved Fiona's covers for DV8: Gods and Monsters and want to see more of her art

She's amazing, I just got hip to here through her covers for T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents. I can't wait to see what kind of Interior art she brings to the table. 
Haunt is getting a new writer. Joe Casey is one of the best writers in the business so maybe it could interest you again. 
 
BKV back in comics is awesome. I recently read the whole runs of Y: The last man alive and Ex machina and was sad to learn that he wasn't doing comics anymore. This makes me happy though ;)
Posted by JonesDeini
@Nighthunter:  
Yeah I know Casey and Fox are taking over, but I haven't read enough Casey to read a book on his name alone. I'm reading his Vengeance mini at Marvel right now and did enjoy the first issue. I'm really happy that BKV is back in the game and hijacking my wallet. 
Posted by shawn87
@JonesDeini: That's unfortunate. I've only read the first 5 or 6 issues of the series. 
Posted by JonesDeini
@shawn87 said:
@JonesDeini: That's unfortunate. I've only read the first 5 or 6 issues of the series. 
The first 12 issues were on point. I say try out the rest and see if it sticks with you. Casey and Fox plan to take the title in a totally new direction so maybe I'll jump back in based on what I hear.  
 
onto the topic though, how awesome is Fiona Staples cover?!
Posted by shawn87
@JonesDeini: So awesome I had to google her to see more of her work
Posted by Benzo

Yes! This is great news! Glad to see Brian K Vaughn back! :D 

Posted by longbowhunter
@JonesDeini said:
@shawn87 said:
Awesome! I love Brian K Vaughan. Just that cover alone has me intrigued. The fact that it's published by Image tells me it's bound to be awesome. They put out a lot of underrated material that tends to fly under the radar but is awesome nevertheless. 
Word!!! With Hickman's Red Wing, Spencer's Morning Glories/The Infinite Vacation, Kirkman's Walking Dead, Snyder's upcoming Severed, and now this Image is cementing it's spot as my favorite publisher!!! 

I have to agree. Image is getting soooo much of my money in 2012. They have been the only company with exciting Comic-Con news this year. Looking forward to more Witch Doctor and The Last of the Greats by Joshua Hale Fialkov as well!
Posted by JonesDeini
@longbowhunter said:
@JonesDeini said:
@shawn87 said:
Awesome! I love Brian K Vaughan. Just that cover alone has me intrigued. The fact that it's published by Image tells me it's bound to be awesome. They put out a lot of underrated material that tends to fly under the radar but is awesome nevertheless. 
Word!!! With Hickman's Red Wing, Spencer's Morning Glories/The Infinite Vacation, Kirkman's Walking Dead, Snyder's upcoming Severed, and now this Image is cementing it's spot as my favorite publisher!!! 
I have to agree. Image is getting soooo much of my money in 2012. They have been the only company with exciting Comic-Con news this year. Looking forward to more Witch Doctor and The Last of the Greats by Joshua Hale Fialkov as well!
Indeed, the only thing I care about at DC is the Dark line. Only thing I care about at Marvel is...ummmm Black Panther/DD?
Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir

I've been waiting with bated breath for what seems like so long for more BKV , Fiona Staples on art only sweetens the pot.

Posted by JonesDeini
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
I've been waiting with bated breath for what seems like so long for more BKV , Fiona Staples on art only sweetens the pot.
Word, man. I was sold on checking this out when I saw BKV's name in the headline, but then I look at that art and knew instantly who's work I was looking at. When I heard she'd be doing interiors as well I was 100% in on this. 
Posted by harleyquinn12

Soon I as i saw Fiona Staples, I knew i had to get this. That woman is amazing.
Posted by JonesDeini
@harleyquinn12 said:
Soon I as i saw Fiona Staples, I knew i had to get this. That woman is amazing.
Amen to that. 
Posted by Benzo