20 Comments
Posted by venomoushatred1001

Flash.

Posted by society619

WTF is Flash gonna do if Loki decides to enter the fight in astral form? I give loki an advantage because he has more viable options against the flashes which they pretty much would have to rely on the speedforce speedsteal to completely stop all of Loki's functions. But there is no guarantee for them that Loki wouldn't be able to find a defense and Loki in turn has options like intangibility and outright kinetic energy nullification fields to stop them. Also his magic is not necessarily reliant on catching up to them as IIRC he's got direct effect magics that don't require him to actually tag the flashes.

Posted by Saren

@society619 said:

WTF is Flash gonna do if Loki decides to enter the fight in astral form?

Because Loki spams the astral form so much?

Moderator
Posted by society619

@CitizenBane said:

@society619 said:

WTF is Flash gonna do if Loki decides to enter the fight in astral form?

Because Loki spams the astral form so much?

Rules didn't say he couldn't, and you didn't answer

Posted by Saren

@society619 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@society619 said:

WTF is Flash gonna do if Loki decides to enter the fight in astral form?

Because Loki spams the astral form so much?

Rules didn't say he couldn't, and you didn't answer

Uh, the rules don't need to say it. We assume that certain things are unlikely to happen if they're not done enough to be in character behavior for the characters in question. It's the reason why the "bloodlusted" and "morals off" stipulations even exist. Thusly, I don't need to answer.

Moderator
Posted by society619

@CitizenBane said:

@society619 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@society619 said:

WTF is Flash gonna do if Loki decides to enter the fight in astral form?

Because Loki spams the astral form so much?

Rules didn't say he couldn't, and you didn't answer

Uh, the rules don't need to say it. We assume that certain things are unlikely to happen if they're not done enough to be in character behavior for the characters in question. It's the reason why the "bloodlusted" and "morals off" stipulations even exist. Thusly, I don't need to answer.

I already answered the question, sounds like nitpicking to me

Posted by Saren

@society619 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@society619 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@society619 said:

WTF is Flash gonna do if Loki decides to enter the fight in astral form?

Because Loki spams the astral form so much?

Rules didn't say he couldn't, and you didn't answer

Uh, the rules don't need to say it. We assume that certain things are unlikely to happen if they're not done enough to be in character behavior for the characters in question. It's the reason why the "bloodlusted" and "morals off" stipulations even exist. Thusly, I don't need to answer.

I already answered the question, sounds like nitpicking to me

Are you just going to ignore both the battle forum rules and what I just said in the hope of finding some way for Flash to lose?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/battle-forum-rules-please-read-for-more-information/675391/#1

Moderator
Posted by society619

The only rules for this battle was morals on and starts from 50 yards away.

You're just mad I didn't give the generic "Flash Speedblitz" response

Posted by Saren

@society619 said:

The only rules for this battle was morals on and starts from 50 yards away.

You're just mad I didn't give the generic "Flash Speedblitz" response

Emphasis on morals on. It's not just there for show. It means characters fight within the limits of their personality, so unless you feel like proving that the astral form thing is standard behavior for Loki and employed in a notable number of his fights, you don't really have a point.

I'm not mad at all. I knew how this would turn out.

Which begs the question, would you care to provide proof for aforementioned claim or do you just want to do more huffing and puffing about how everyone is biased?

Moderator
Posted by menaceforever

Sh*t Just Got Real

Posted by society619

@CitizenBane said:

@society619 said:

The only rules for this battle was morals on and starts from 50 yards away.

You're just mad I didn't give the generic "Flash Speedblitz" response

Emphasis on morals on. It's not just there for show. It means characters fight within the limits of their personality, so unless you feel like proving that the astral form thing is standard behavior for Loki and employed in a notable number of his fights, you don't really have a point.

I'm not mad at all. I knew how this would turn out.

Which begs the question, would you care to provide proof for aforementioned claim or do you just want to do more huffing and puffing about how everyone is biased?

You're stuck on the astral thing when I already gave other reasons for Loki winning. Sounds like you just want to whine because I didn't go Flash in a rout, and you have still yet to give a reason for Flash winning, just whining about my opinion.

Posted by SpawNgengiskhaN

Loki is a God, but I don't think he can beat Flash. I think Thor and Superman would have a hard time with Flash and Thor and Superman would mop the floor with Loki. Even if Loki has great magic which he fails to show a lot in his previous fights. Flash in my opinion is just too much for Loki to handle. If I was Loki knowing how much power I had I wouldn't dare pick a fight with Flash unless I am ready for the fight of my life.

Posted by Saren

@society619 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@society619 said:

The only rules for this battle was morals on and starts from 50 yards away.

You're just mad I didn't give the generic "Flash Speedblitz" response

Emphasis on morals on. It's not just there for show. It means characters fight within the limits of their personality, so unless you feel like proving that the astral form thing is standard behavior for Loki and employed in a notable number of his fights, you don't really have a point.

I'm not mad at all. I knew how this would turn out.

Which begs the question, would you care to provide proof for aforementioned claim or do you just want to do more huffing and puffing about how everyone is biased?

You're stuck on the astral thing when I already gave other reasons for Loki winning. Sounds like you just want to whine because I didn't go Flash in a rout, and you have still yet to give a reason for Flash winning, just whining about my opinion.

All the options you pulled out are no more standard behavior for Loki than Flash blitzing everyone at the speed of light. I can recount at least 3 fights against Thor alone where he did nothing along those lines. I'm not whining at all. I'm just waiting for you to get an actual argument together, and by actual I mean an argument that's not based on Loki doing things he never does on a regular basis while Flash for some reason does his usual thing.

I'll start. Flash can move so fast that everyone who doesn't possess super-speed on the level he's at appear frozen in time:

What behavior of Loki's that is standard for him is going to counter that? And provide proof that said behavior is standard.

Moderator
Posted by The Stegman

CitizenBane wins.

Posted by society619

That’s a fine scan to show that Flash is fast as if we didn’t know that. In a fight Loki has much more tools to work with. Loki has been known to move at the speed of thought. This along with his ability to astral project gives his foes many problems. If Flash can’t one shot Loki in which you suggest, things will get tricky. Loki is known for his power to cast illusions and turn objects into whatever he wants.

Considering that there is no prep for either (which would only help Loki anyway) Flash would have no idea what is real and what’s not. It becomes really hard to fight someone who is playing tricks with your mind. Loki’s durability far surpasses Flash considering he is a God (Loki once had he head cut off and he put it back on). Flash would have to work overtime to put Loki down for good which doesn’t help him in the long run.

Here’s the kicker, Loki has the ability to steal powers has well, if he takes Flash’s speed and matches it, what advantage does Flash have now? Loki’s powers are potential endless and not as one-dimensional as Barry’s. The longer the fight goes the better the odds for Loki in a fight.

This isn't a speed run fight, common sense will tell you that

Posted by imbackwimps

@society619 said:

That’s a fine scan to show that Flash is fast as if we didn’t know that. In a fight Loki has much more tools to work with. Loki has been known to move at the speed of thought. This along with his ability to astral project gives his foes many problems. If Flash can’t one shot Loki in which you suggest, things will get tricky. Loki is known for his power to cast illusions and turn objects into whatever he wants.

Considering that there is no prep for either (which would only help Loki anyway) Flash would have no idea what is real and what’s not. It becomes really hard to fight someone who is playing tricks with your mind. Loki’s durability far surpasses Flash considering he is a God (Loki once had he head cut off and he put it back on). Flash would have to work overtime to put Loki down for good which doesn’t help him in the long run.

Here’s the kicker, Loki has the ability to steal powers has well, if he takes Flash’s speed and matches it, what advantage does Flash have now? Loki’s powers are potential endless and not as one-dimensional as Barry’s. The longer the fight goes the better the odds for Loki in a fight.

This isn't a speed run fight, common sense will tell you that

THIS flash gets stomp

Posted by Saren

@society619: The purpose of those scans was not to demonstrate that Flash is fast, but then I can't say I'm surprised that you completely missed the point. Look at the clock on the left. Flash and Captain Atom are conversing in the space between milliseconds. Has Loki ever shown the ability to act in the space between milliseconds, or any ability to react on that level? If not, he'll just be a statue while Flash is moving.

All those things you claim Loki will do (most of them aren't even in character, but that debate is wasted on you if the point hasn't sunk in yet), can he do them before Flash hits him? Flash could strike with enough force to knock Superman into a wall, and that was while he didn't even want to fight.

Superman himself couldn't outrun the Omega Beams. Flash could.

What stops Flash from just doing this?

And fun fact, when arguing for Loki's durability, "he's a god" is not good enough.

Moderator
Posted by society619

@CitizenBane said:

@society619: The purpose of those scans was not to demonstrate that Flash is fast, but then I can't say I'm surprised that you completely missed the point. Look at the clock on the left. Flash and Captain Atom are conversing in the space between milliseconds. Has Loki ever shown the ability to act in the space between milliseconds, or any ability to react on that level? If not, he'll just be a statue while Flash is moving.

All those things you claim Loki will do (most of them aren't even in character, but that debate is wasted on you if the point hasn't sunk in yet), can he do them before Flash hits him? Flash could strike with enough force to knock Superman into a wall, and that was while he didn't even want to fight.

Superman himself couldn't outrun the Omega Beams. Flash could.

What stops Flash from just doing this?

And fun fact, when arguing for Loki's durability, "he's a god" is not good enough.

You clearly aren't trying to read anything I post. I've mentioned Loki moving between dimensions in the speed of thought and how he can't die. If I have to prove to you that Loki would use these tactics in a fight there is no getting through to you. I'm not talking to a wall

Posted by imbackwimps

@CitizenBane said:

@society619: The purpose of those scans was not to demonstrate that Flash is fast, but then I can't say I'm surprised that you completely missed the point. Look at the clock on the left. Flash and Captain Atom are conversing in the space between milliseconds. Has Loki ever shown the ability to act in the space between milliseconds, or any ability to react on that level? If not, he'll just be a statue while Flash is moving.

All those things you claim Loki will do (most of them aren't even in character, but that debate is wasted on you if the point hasn't sunk in yet), can he do them before Flash hits him? Flash could strike with enough force to knock Superman into a wall, and that was while he didn't even want to fight.

Superman himself couldn't outrun the Omega Beams. Flash could.

What stops Flash from just doing this?

And fun fact, when arguing for Loki's durability, "he's a god" is not good enough.

all very good points but you left out one thing when flash screams out supes i cant fly and that's all Loki have to do is stay in the air to do his magic and that's in his character

Posted by Saren

@society619 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@society619: The purpose of those scans was not to demonstrate that Flash is fast, but then I can't say I'm surprised that you completely missed the point. Look at the clock on the left. Flash and Captain Atom are conversing in the space between milliseconds. Has Loki ever shown the ability to act in the space between milliseconds, or any ability to react on that level? If not, he'll just be a statue while Flash is moving.

All those things you claim Loki will do (most of them aren't even in character, but that debate is wasted on you if the point hasn't sunk in yet), can he do them before Flash hits him? Flash could strike with enough force to knock Superman into a wall, and that was while he didn't even want to fight.

Superman himself couldn't outrun the Omega Beams. Flash could.

What stops Flash from just doing this?

And fun fact, when arguing for Loki's durability, "he's a god" is not good enough.

You clearly aren't trying to read anything I post. I've mentioned Loki moving between dimensions in the speed of thought and how he can't die. If I have to prove to you that Loki would use these tactics in a fight there is no getting through to you. I'm not talking to a wall

Flash is vastly faster than the speed of thought (which isn't even that fast) and Loki does not move between dimensions in character. He doesn't do it against Thor, why would he do it against Flash for any reason other than that it's convenient to your argument?

I'm reading everything you're posting. There's just nothing of worth there.

Moderator