By Izaiah Comments
Real Name: Teia Abariel Ra.
Aliases: Empress of Xantro, Mut (Queen of the Gods, Goddess of Creation, Lady of Heaven), Hathor (Goddess of Love & Music, Mistress of the West), Satis (Goddess of Floods), Sekhmet (Lady of Flame, Goddess of Destruction & Bloodshed), Nekhbet (Goddess of Upper Egypt), Bast (the Elder; Goddess of the Sun), etc.
Relatives: Lord Ahramoz (husband), Lord Athymar (father), Lady Saosis (mother), Lord Sawor (older brother), Lady Teneuth (older sister), Aton (son), Khonshu (adopted son), Mayet (daughter), Bastet (daughter), Anuket (daughter), Serqet (daughter).
Affiliations: The Xantroan Empire.
Base of Operations: Alarna, Xantro I, Vardes System. Previously Heliopolis, Earth.
Universe: Vine Prime.
StatusAlignment: Lawful Neutral.
Identity: Public (to the Xantroan Empire), Mythical (to Earth).
Citizenship: Imperatrix of the Xantroan Empire.
Marital Status: Married.
Theological Position: Deist.
Place of Birth: Xantro I.
Age: approx. 12 000.
Height: 5' 11" (180 cm).
Weight: 164 lbs (73 kg).
Unusual Features: None.
Description: Itharis is tall, white-haired (the only real sign of aging), red-eyed and dark-skinned. She is considered to be conventionally beautiful, with a gaze that few could resist (either because of mesmerization, or fear). Itharis's power aura glows red, and her clothes (most frequently Xantroan regal garb, or armor, moreso the former these days) tend to follow a color scheme of predominantly red, with golden elements.
BiographyItharis was the third child of Athymar (Atum) and Saosis, born and raised in a noble and most ancient House of Ra on Xantro I. Like some of her peers, she conducted the Xantroan Rite of Illumination at age 8, gaining power over sound and the skies in the process. Along with the rest of the family, Itharis was several years later appointed by the Xantroan Imperator to travel to Earth, to prepare that world for eventual assimilation to the Xantroan Empire.
After the city of Heliopolis was constructed to be the centre of Xantroan activity on Earth, it was overrun by invaders of the Arzacian faction, lead by the warlord Apophis. Athymar (who had been appointed king of the city by the Imperator) and Saosis were both killed in the attack. Itharis and her husband, Ahramoz (Amun Ra) took up the reigns, and managed to purge the city (and Earth) from the Arzacians and most of their influence.
Throughout Setekh's conquest of Heliopolis and Khemet for Arzac's sake, Itharis was rendered powerless for much of the duration of the occupation (around 16 years) as Setekh had recognized her as an exceptionally dangerous enemy, and had prepared accordingly. Naturally, she had her powers restored in the aftermath.
Many years after Setekh's occupation, when the civilization of Khemet (Egypt) was on the rise again, humans carried on their tradition of interpreting the Xantroans of Heliopolis to be gods, and worship them as such. Aton (son of Ahramoz and Itharis) was displeased with the lack of attention he received from mankind, and released Setekh from Duat. Setekh, now without a corporeal body, took possession of Itharis, turning the composite Itharis/Setekh into the omnicidal Sekhmet, a 'goddess of destruction'. Among the many casualties was Khonshu, one of Ahramoz's and Itharis's sons. On Ahramoz's command, Zehuti (the son of Setekh) devised a plan to stop the dangerous composite entity, by trapping Sekhmet in an illusion and tricking them into drinking blood-colored beer until Setekh could be extracted from Itharis's body and reimprisoned in Duat, now together with Aton. When it was over, Ahramoz retreated elsewhere, not leaving a trace or saying a word to his loved ones. In this time, Itharis was resigned herself to rule Heliopolis on her own, alone carrying the burden she and her husband had shared in the past.
When Aton was mysteriously freed from Duat and took possession of the human Pharaoh, Amenhotep IV (or, Ikhnaton), he lead an assault on Heliopolis and captured many of the present Xantroans (sealing them within sarcophagi inducing suspended animation), and sealed off Earth from all known frequencies of teleportation or time travel. While Aton attempted to capture his mother as well, Itharis (and some others, like Osiris and Horus) managed to evade capture, and thus she lead the resistance. She and some of the other Xantroans managed to retrieve one sarcophagus from Ikhnaton's prison, the one containing Zehuti, but were not able to open it, and Horus was captured and sent for execution. The situation changed once a young, half-Nitari, time traveller mistakenly materialized in this era and narrowly managed to save Horus from the executioner's blade. The time traveller, calling himself Izaac, also managed to open Zehuti's sarcophagus, once he and Horus had safely reached Heliopolis (which Ikhnaton had not yet been able to seize). As Izaac evidently had the ability to time travel on a frequency outside Ikhnaton's magical barrier, it was decided that he were to go through the Xantroan Rite of Illumination, granting him the power to simulate the 'Hekai' (powers; with some variation) of any other consenting Xantroan, such as Horus, Itharis, Osiris and Zehuti (giving him powers over fire/light, sound/air, water and heightened control of his teleportation/time travel, respectively). With this advantage, leading the counter-assault on Akhetaton (Ikhnaton's capital) was easier, eventually defeating the tyrant (who was killed by Izaac, not according to plan), additionally helped by Ahramoz's return. In the aftermath, Izaac disappeared (assumed to have returned home) and Ahramoz resumed his position as Heliopolis's co-regent.
As Khemet (Egypt) being invaded by the Persian Empire, Heliopolis was abandoned, sunk into the sea, and its inhabitants retreated back to the established Xantroan Empire. Later, as the Imperator passed away, Ahramoz and Itharis had been named his successors, and thus ascended to the Imperial Throne of Xantro as co-regents.
Abilities & Weaknesses
- Regeneration: Triggered at severe injury, Itharis (like all Nitari) can lapse into a death-like comatose state, preparing her body for a complete (or mostly complete) regeneration which will often occur hours, or days after the event. Common side effects of such a regeneration is the development of a new 'Persona', which entails that her appearance, Hekai and animal spirit will be slightly altered.
- Telepathy: All Nitari are capable of low-level telepathy, transmitting (but not broadcasting) messages across a large city, and reading a person's mind with their consent. On occasion, Itharis will allow her husband Ahramoz (who is blind) to see through her eyes.
HekaiHekai are the powers gained by Xantroans in their Rite of Illumination. Itharis's Hekai are triggered/guided by sound and/or song.
- Sonic Manipulation: The Lady of Heaven's foremost Heka is the power to manipulate sound, which, while powerful on its own, can be used to channel her other ones. She can enhance or deafen ambient sound, create sonic booms from nothing, as well as hypnotize through sonic signals. For this reason among others, Itharis (in her 'Hathor' aspect) was regarded by Khemites as the goddess of music.
- Atmospheric Manipulation: On a greater scale, Itharis can manipulate the air currents and atmospheric conditions in general (effectively controlling the weather).
- Elemental Manipulation: She has the ability to manipulate light, fire and water for various effects, if not to the same degree as Ahramoz or Horus.
- Animal Spirit: Itharis's semi-corporeal animal spirit most commonly assumes the shape of a vulture, or a lion.
- Intoxication: Itharis's personal standards forbid her from using her powers if she is intoxicated, or otherwise not in total control of herself. This has however been overridden in the past, as Setekh was able to use Itharis's powers when he took possession over her body (an incident mythologically attributed to Sekhmet).
- Magic: She is vulnerable to some forms of magic.
- Red, black and golden lion-themed armor with metallic, feathery wings.
- A bow with self-generating arrows of fire, can be used by Itharis to channel her Hekai through. She also carries a number of bladed weapons of which she is skilled in using.
- Xantroan Sigil Ring.
TriviaUseful Notes: The name of the city, Heliopolis, is another anachronism for reader's convenience. It was actually called Niwtneteru (City of the Gods, or City of the Nitari) when it was created.
Theme Song: [Unknown.]
Random Facts: The Hellenes (Ancient Greeks) identified Mut with Hera (queen of the gods) and Hathor with Aphrodite (goddess of love).