You can now filter search results with text. Example: "person: john" will search only person pages for "john".
Rick Remender and Greg Tocchini introduce us to a brand new world, located deep in the seas.
A new group of enemies wants to take over the school of Five Weapons. Can Enrique and the gang stop them or are some major changes coming to the school?
The Inquisition finally crosses paths with the leader of Yellow Lanterns.
@AgeofHurricane: Well, at least its not with Spider-Man.
@Twentyfive: It is, I guess that's why I read mostly archie stuff now, Sonic, Mega Man, Sonic Universe, and New Crusaders are fun books that have drama as well. They don't tip toe around tragedy, but they dont dwell on it either. Just because something is fun doesn't mean its "kiddy, or cartoonish". There are a lot of people who want fun back, but get overlooked by the people who want grimdark.
Gaming is mostly the same way, for every person who likes fossil fighters there are 10 who like games like Halo and Call of Duty, and there's nothing wrong with those games, Im just not into them.
Pretty interesting ideas. You know if I was in charge of Static, I think I would have done something similar, but a little different.
1. I would have taken him out of the inner city completely and moved him into the suburbs. I remember reading a story about comic-con's black panel, at the panel a woman asked why there were few stories about black people that live in the suburbs as opposed to the ghetto. One of the panelists told her to write her own stories, the woman said she couldn't write, he responded that she shouldnt make excuses and learn how. I thought that was rude and dismissive. There is no reason why they cant tell stories about characters who grow up in different parts of the country, or the world even. Not all black and hispanic people live in the hood, and it annoys me to no end when people assume that we do.
2. He'd be a solo character first, but I would gradually ingratiate him into the DCU. It's important for him to have his own villians to fight as well as supporting characters, but every now and then a character from the larger DCU would team up with him, so that he goes from being a local hero to being more known. For some reason I really want him to team up with the Flash, most likely because he is the friendliest member of the JLA. Beating people up is probably how superheroes network anyway.
3. Eventually, more milestone characters would show up. When Static hits his stride, thats when I would get more ambitious and introduce more milestone characters like Rocket, Icon, Hardware and perhaps even the Shadow Cabinet. Though I would make Holocaust an early villain for him to take on solo.
4. I would make the tone a fun, bombastic one, It wouldnt be over the top, but I wouldn't be all grim and gritty with it, because that is so overdone.
5. The last thing I would do, just for giggles, is that I would make Static and Supergirl an item. The flashpoint breakwall makes time travel a cluster**** which means we will never see Brainy/Kara again. Plus all the senior legionairres are at least 30 so it would be messed up anyway. They're both young superheroes who are new to the game, trying to make a name for themselves, and they have a strong love of science. Plus it would be a positive example of a interracial (technically interspecies) relationship.
That's just me, but a man can dream, and draw.
It looks okay, though I wish they would try something other than batman, mix it up a little more.
Thor wins, goes home and makes a sandwich.
No, Storm should not lead the X-men. Cyclops takes a lot of flack because he makes tough calls, that's what a leader is supposed to do. Storm would be too concerned if people liked her or not.
@butterflykyss: Bendis's writing style is full of quips and snark, everyone he writes has that voice. It works best with his original work and ultimate spider-man. Its similar to Whedon's buffy-speak. Real people don't talk like that. Its nice that Storm is in the limelight, but Bendis's 616 work falls flat.
Like others here, I want another superman themed show, I get that Batman is their go to guy, but there are other heroes out there.
I thought this would be good.
Sounds great, Im still trade waiting though.
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment