1. WAY too much forced comedy, it's like every other word out of RDJ's mouth was some sarcastic remark or quip, I like RDJ because of his humor but it made this feel like more of a comedy than a superhero movie.
2. Tony's ridiculous flipping around like Spider-Man in the room to catch his break away armor which leads to the next point...
3. TOO MUCH USE OF THAT STUPID SUIT!!! I know it's the focus point of the movie, he has a brand new shiny suit, but come on! We get it, it flies at him fast and he hast to jump and react to it, but seeing that four times in one movie gets old, same thing with the "Oh, Tony's not in the suit, he's controlling it from a far." gag they used three times.
4. The TRUE villain's plan was pretty vague, why exactly did he want to kill the president? And him as a villain entirely was pretty boring.
5. Pepper was just as useless as always except for the end when she becomes ''Super Pepper" because we all know she didn't /really/ fall to her death, that would be too unpredictable.
Overall, it was very disappointing
I had the same issues and THEN add the twist on top of that
- Tony Hardly in the suit
- Tony not having ANY defence system on his house, After he just threatened a "terrorist leader" on TV
- The suits being weak as toilet paper when in other movies they've been known to take heavy damage
- Killian breathing fire only once, I thought a cool power like that would be used more
while you guys are as always entitled to your opinion, its probably a little important to realize that some of what you thought was "Wrong" with the film are staples to the ironman film and comics franchise.
3. first off, that technology in the comics is one of the coolest things ever done with the character. The idea of hm being able to control his suit remotely was used heavily in the old Ironman cartoon, and it was always loved. And his being able to call the armor is something the comics have made imperitive these last few years. Your dislike of it doesnt make it any less warranted. And its gonna happen from now on, so get used to it.
4. he was a terrorist. i dont understand whats not to get about that. He was mad at Tony and the government and on some level the whole world. Everything the Mandrin said was what Killian was saying. he was pushed over the edge.
5. Pepper isnt a superhero. She barely is now in the comics, and thats after WAAAAY more character progression that the movies havent even tried to replicate on any substantial scale. I dont understand why anyone would expect her to be. all shes supposed to be is tony's conscience. no one every expected Jiminy Cricket to start fighting. Shes a CEO. your confusing her with Happy and Rhodey.
+ the twist was amazing. and it allowed us a Mandrin. The 10 rings could not have been magic, because the marvel cinematic universe isnt set up for random magic in the world (yet). Also (sidebar), Ben Kingsly is one of the greatest pure actors in the world. That i admit was more for actual movie and acting buffs than comics fans and action flix watchers. but it was still awesome.
+the defense was project house party. he just didnt get to use it. Tony's character flaw is arrogance,and he was being himself when he assumed that he was smart and fast enough to always be ready. But what did you expect him to have lasers and turrets? The whole franchise started with his refusal to make those thigs anymore anywhere but on the ironman suit. so thats an unrealistic expectation.
+ the suits only fell apart when superhuman burning hot extremis people attacked them, or when they werent on all the way. its suggesting that he designed them to take brute force, but not super science he never knew existed. and the main armor in the movie was a prototype that spent the last 70% of the film in need or serious repair, but instead just getting patched.
+ firstly, the botanist chick spoke of people running too hot. i bet doing something like manifesting a blast of fire from your mouth increses that risk. and she was dead. Second... why would he use it frequently? the final fight showed that the extremis folks are super fast and strong. if they got into a shooting fight with any of the armors, they would loose. but if they get in close they have a major upper hand. and 3rd, im pretty sure the fire breathing was a fing fang foom reference. i think this movie was Marvel saying "in this universe, we can never give you a real Mandrin, but here are some cool nods".
in general, ill just say that its one thing to dislike the movie, or even parts of the movie. but its important in life to differentiate between things that are wrong... and things that are just wrong for you.