By Gibbet 44 Comments
Pre Paid Heroes
"We do our jobs so nobody else gets hurt"
Hey heroes, are you tired of your countless hours of volunteering and altruism?
Are you tired of bad wages outside of your heroics? Do you want a chance of stardom and good PR?
Here is the chance for you!
At Hero Aid we have a team of generous people ready to make you super famous and super rich. We have benefits for the normal people as well such as our very own Marvelcare ™ which is series of superhero insurance and damage control policies to help out bystanders and fellow civillians cope with the dangerous battle zone of day to day crime fighting. Because at Hero Aid we care for everyone (with terms and conditions applied). We are a NGO that works alongside several powerful groups to provide the best care we can to improve your lives.
Here at Hero Aid we also employ former villains with a rapsheet and provide equal opportunities for all, because we believe in giving three chances like the wise Buddha. Before you ask for 'that' question, yes we also provide those opportunities for non humans as well. Because at hero aid we do not Discriminate based on race, sexual orientation, religion, species, existential form or whatever .
Hero Aid takes the approach of registration as well so our heroes are recognized by the government and work hand in hand with the nearby law enforcement groups to create a synergy of benefits to further our cause. We are also the forefront of a conglomeration of big companies and young entrepreneurs operating with big budgets, thus we can ensure the best for both our clients and employees. Here at Hero Aid heroism is a job and we keep thing professional.
We do not hold to any nationality or lines on a map, because where they fail we won't. We offer help domestically and overseas, we help with the small things as well. Post-disaster care and philanthropy (with casualty treatment) because heroes should not be limited to crime fighting where the world is hungry and impoverished.
Hero Aid is a megacorp and is a top three global economic entity.
A tall tower situated In Las Vegas, it holds the employees and the 'heroes' of the large companies. It serves as the central hub for operations, it has very good securities and has several ways of dealing with intruders but most of them are non lethal. This building is open to any and all persons, it houses several recreational facilities and even a department store. It also has its own media room for photo ops and broadcasting.
The office is accessible and accommodates also for the disabled with advanced automated chair facilities and sickbays where such conditions can be cured (for a certain fee). Within the base are also hubs for off-world transportation whether it is planets, dimensions, timelines or planes of existences.
The Hero Mall
Run by heroes but open for all, and we have fancy restaurants too. Famous for its juice stand with its world class but affordable mix smoothies. The building contains several shops that fits all price ranges, selling things from common items to exotic off-world goods that has been adapted to be safe for human usage.
Members of Staff
The boardroom, where miracles truly happen. They are chosen from specialized individuals and beings from all across the cosmos because special problems need special interventions. In terms of activities they work as a massive network to cover worldly matters on earth and beyond, but they just enjoy a warm mug of coffe in the office most of the time,
- Treasure Hunters - they inform the company of mankind's long lost heritages to preserve and ancient evil to combat, this group also has the capability of increasing profits due to their knack for finding valuable items.
- Corporate Ninjas/Samurais - they serve as liaisons to the eastern world of mythology and fantasy, they are valued members of the company because of their knack for swift and decisive combative styles that ends enemies so that business can be conducted faster.
- Astronauts - they work outside the earth to salvage materials and minerals to improve life on earth, these men and women (animals even) maintain contact with the friends outside the earth as well.
- Spies - keeping vigilant eyes against the acts of worldwide terrorism, and they make information gathering even better.
- Time Travelers - fighting crimes now can be done retroactively or even at times to come, these guys are also the ones who think ahead of the others because of future exposure while keeping a good foundation from better understanding of the past.
- Giant Monsters - we help them so that they can live without harming humans and so we can live while building mutual bonds, and when the going gets rough the rough gets going.
- Robots - given them rights and keep them as companions to prevent cybernetic revolt, they keep us updated on the happenings of the wired world.
- Wizards - they keep us updated on magic that can be utilized to solve the world's problems (consultants), plus they reach our connections to the magic world for insight and new things to learn,
- Aliens - we help them protect their planet and they help us protect ours from off orbit threats, exchange of technologies as a win-win situation.
- Superheroes - the backbone of the company, the ones who carry the burden of the company.
- Undead/Slayers - keeping untold horrors at bay while keeping tabs with supernatural occurrences, and giving advice from beyond the grave ,
- Pirates - exploring the seas for allies and enemies alike while keeping tabs on the criminal underworld.
They deal with intruders in their own unique ways (but watch out for the magic guys, they love pre-set magic transmogrification into edibles).
One of the favored members of the committee is good old Seb, the great bastard who comes up with creative ways to deal with the world's problems. His right hand is the hand that moves money while his left hand is the one that is used to choke the life out of competition. To put into perspective he is a man who can play a game of Monopoly on real global (or more) economy and can trigger economic collapses at will, If there are economic hit-men he is the one that has the skills to retire them all.
The head honcho of the Time Travel division who keeps people from erasing important events in this current reality. Who is profit oriented just like the other members of the group, Clay is a prodigy in hies field and does not hesitate to go for the jugular when the situation calls for it. What might seem like a casual man is a force that can tremble high end beings. He is the person to call when needing strategies on dismantling overpowered beiongs because he has a rapport for silencing reality warpers.
"Their reach is ubiquitous"
Hero Aid is funded by a power group run by extremely influential ladies and gentlemen, they typically jump around the Forbes 500 and can lobby governments to fit in legislation at will. But they are good hearted albeit chaotic, the ones that decide to form the group are the ones who want to try philantrophy from a different direction. Mixing fun that only certain people can afford and a gift for the people by providing entertainment. Their pockets runs as deep as their ego's are big, being able to privatize most of the things that can be privatized (even prisons, which helps them when they are convicted). As far as the world are concerned these people are out of the system.
"The characters for the shows who work for the best interests of the company"
- (Actually: Paul Harris but this is his alter ego when taking the job)
- Takes the morning to evening shift from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Deals with mostly urban activities but can accomodate other settings
- Sponsored by: Burger Lord
- Powers: Teleportion & Situational Telekinesis
- Gimmick: Loose cannon hero with brawling style and reckless attitude, more or less the jack of all trades the team, gives PSA's about drugs and gangs
Nightwatcher is a hero born out of the substance of the night, but the man watches over the events of day to carefully guide evil right back into its designated location. Some say he might not even be human but a clump of darkness given form to fight crime. What people can be sure of is that he is one of the good guys, he carries a special nightstick (tonfa) that he uses to break bones and injure villains. There are clues that he fought crime to avenge his dog who was caught by a stray bullet in a gang shootout, he vows to avenge his best friend and to make sure that nobody else has to lose their beloved pets. Remember to stay out of his way when he is in action, and don't forget to call Hero Aid to book him for birthday parties.
- Real name: Daniel Wayne (codenamed The Fist when working for hero aid)
- Takes the evening to night shift 5pm-2am (might change)
- Deals with mostly big world bad guy problems (super powered dictators, terrorists with guns, BIG guns)
- Sponsored by: Devil piss liquor
- Gimmick:the reluctant hero but always does the right thing usually going head first into battle, power house of the team, gives PSA'S about alcohol and bullying.
The fist is the all american hero who used to serve his country in the war and now serves his country and others from those who would have freedom taken away from the people, he is an indestructible defender of freedom and democracy. He uses no special weapons to take down the bad guys only his patriotism and well his FISTS. So villians beware because where ever their is oppression he will be their to defend the people of today so they can live for tomorrow. The Fist is also available for school and military appearances.
- (real name Alphonse Brody)
- Alter-ego when not at Hero Aid™: Tellumo
- Takes the 'After-School' shift of 3:00-4:00PM
- Deals with 'any crimes that pop up'.
- Sponsored by: HeroTV
- Gimmick: Teen member who 'appeals to the kids', also has the shiniest costume.
Earth-Shaker was asked to join the business as a merketing ploy to gather youth attention. He was persuaded with the offer of a shiny new costume with gadgets & a grappling hook. Alphonse tends to his earth shifting powers exclusively as not to let any notice that Earth-Shaker & Tellumo are one & the same. The suit increases his strength & speed to superhuman levels, it also contains nearlt thirty gadgets including a taser, a communicator, an iPod charger & more.
<These are the stars>
- (real name Andrew Wilson)
- Time of work: 3:00 A:M-9:00 A:M
- Operation: Stealth,Reconnaissance, fighting powerful bad guys that others can't handle.
- Powers: Enhanced combat followed by many other ninja skills.
- Gimmick: The badass sneaky ass kicking ninja that all kids like and love
Dark asked to join the organization simply because he ran out of thugs to imprison, not only does he enjoy bringing fear to criminals he also enjoys simply showing off his unique abilities.
When the situation calls they can be mobilized as 'Sky Shadow' a black ops hero group to tackle more serious problems with more extreme measures, this is an additional package with a costly fee. There is a secret technology behind their masks which will flash, the light isolates the electronic impulses in the brains, specifically the ones for memory.
Theses are specialized drone camera units which every member will have access to, for their jobs they will have three with them at all times. They serve as surveillance and broadcast so the fans can see them in action from a variety of angles, capturing their greatest moments of both despair and triumph. They are set on PG-13 controls so that they can censor expletives with a series of beeps. Besides that communications can be switched to air commercials when urgent discussions may arise. They come in many colors and metallic blue is very popular. They also provide heroes with real-time communications with their audience at selected times to get some fans or to adress important messages.
A weapon familiar with heroes in the edgy nineties but remodeled for mainstream usage, these raycasters have settings which allow them to stun (stimulation of every pain receptor in a person, causing torture). At general they fire powerful concussive beams of pulverizing force that can knock down or knock out super humans, the sides can be modified to fit sponsor logos while the grip can be remodeled to a suit the style of the user. It can be fired while running, walking and jumping as well as crouching. A mandatory side arm for all heroes .
The Raycaster is a combination of the Raypistol & the Raysaber. Raysabers have voice-activated features and can be used only with registered members. With this each fighter can execute a diagonal slash with the Raysaber. At first, the blade is about the size of a dagger, but the length changes depending on who wields it. The length of the blade changes depending on the fighting spirit of the wielder.
Meteor shower? Try hero shower, orbital drop pod technology used to fire our heroes at the heart of danger. Sending reinforcements wherever and whenever, plus it looks very cool in front of the cameras. The symbolism of justice raining down with the flames of re-entry and the good guys emerging from chaos. Plus it can be used to flatted bad guys at Terminal Velocity.
Hero Aid provides job opportunities for metahumans and normal humans alike, we will help sponsor heroes in need of financial aid. We intend to use our expertise to improve upon the world. Heroes get paid and justice gets played, essentially putting doublethink when it comes to profit and philantrophy.
To cultivate their collective consciousness in order to protect the minds of the people from negative belief systems that makes them think of superhumans as evil, to defend and preserve their minds from the oppressive powers that be.
Inspired by: Heroes For Hire, Amazing Man (Mystery Men), Tiger & Bunny, Ratman, and VOC (Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie)
- We only allow up to twelve members at the moment. We start at one. Will get updated on weekly basis. Anyone can Join, Pm first.
- Keep it civil (don't damage the building, keep fighting off-site)
- No Drama (well the kind that gets thread locked)
- Have fun