Real Name: Konrad Vahlok.
Aliases: ElusiveStorm, ES, The Catalyst.
Species: Immortal Mutant.
Alignment: Neutral/Evil. He stands for the betterment of Mutant Kind.
Place of Birth: Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
Citizenship: German, American, Canadian.
Affiliation(s): ARCryns (Currently). Vine Villians (Formerly. Circa 2008).
Base of Operations: Vahlok Castle - Bavaria.
Occupation(s): Adventurer, Warrior, Would-Be-Conqueror, Duke of Bavaria (Formerly).
Known Relatives: Hector Vahlok (Father), Marie Vahlok (Mother), Markus Vahlok (Great-Grandfather), Oktric Vahlok (Ancestor), Aelia Vahlok (Ancestor).
Marital Status: Widowed (Deceased Wife: Katrina Vahlok).
Age: 590 Years. (Appears to be in Late Twenties/Early-Thirties)
Date of Birth: Early 15th Century.
Weight: 210 lbs.
Hair: Dark Brown/Black.
Eyes: Volcanic Blue.
Unusual Features: Missing Ring and Pinky Fingers on Left Hand.
The House of Vahlok was founded during the time of the "Imperial Crisis" of the third century, AD. The Roman Empire was quickly collapsing under the pressure of plague, civil war and invasion. During a campaign to reunite the empire, Emperor Aurelian realized that several Germanic tribes that were assumed to be loyal to Rome, were conspiring to rebel. To keep these tribes under his rule, Aurelian offered a joining of Imperial and Germanic bloodlines to the barbarian chieftain. The Emperor would offer his cousin Aelia to be wed to the warlord's son, Oktric. A new faction would be created with direct ties to the empire's head. An offer too good to be true, the chieftain accepted the terms, believing that his descendants could one day rule all of the known world. Within weeks, Oktric and Aelia were wed in Rome under the authority of the Emperor himself. During the ceremony, a finely crafted gladius with a gilded pommel was presented by Aurelian to Oktric, signifying the legitimacy of a new Roman-Germanic faction.
At the behest of his new wife and cousin-in-law, Oktric adopted several Roman customs, including the addition of a family surname, 'Vahlok'. Described as "Great Storm," Oktric had given a meaning to this name, which was gladly accepted by his Roman and Germanic families, knowing that the future of this faction would signify just that, a force of great reckoning.
The Vahloks were then tasked with protecting the interests of the empire on the furthest North-Eastern region of the Roman-Germanic border-lands. There, they prospered and grew in to a powerful faction, fighting off invaders and quelling insurrections for the next several centuries, even as the empire's borders would constantly change and their lands would fall under the authority of eastern rulers.
After the fall of the Italy, the Vahloks began to support the rulers of the Germanic lands for the first time since the formation of their faction. They had become enemies to the now, powerful Byzantine Empire, that was also formerly known as the "Eastern Roman Empire." The Vahloks believed that this great dominion had no authority over them as their pact with Rome was undone by it's dissolution. By the end of the sixth century, the Vahloks' lands were assimilated into a region that would later be known as Bavaria. They pledged an oath to the ruling faction, the Agilolfings, and became one of the most powerful houses under the new 'Duchy'.
The Vahloks served as protectors of the region, renowned throughout most of Europe and parts of Asia as some of the fericest warriors in all of the known world, despite the small size of their forces (Nine-Hundred Men-At-Arms). The stories of these fearsome men originated from the surviving Byzantine soldiers who fled the bloody battles against the Vahloks. For every Bavarian sword that fell, fifty easterners would die as well. This conflict between a small faction and a massive empire would endure until the early tenth century, where in-fighting between the kingdoms of Germany to determine the Imperial leader of the new Holy Roman Empire, would draw all of their military resources. Fortunately, the Byzantines were suffering from internal conflicts as well, which allowed a peace to be made between them.
Politics became more of a necessity to the survival of the faction than sheer military might as battles were won and lost through diplomacy. As a new Imperial leader was to succeed over their predecessor, The Vahloks fought for Bavarian interests and the legitimacy of their duchy, until the time of the Crusades.
It was not long until the Vahloks had become once again, feared by easterners as many men-at-arms travelled across thousands of kilometers to fight for God and Christ against the 'Infidel Saracens'. Throughout the bloody struggle that lasted two-hundred years, the Vahlok knights would become crucial in several battles, even in defeat, they had prevented complete catastrophe and were revelled by their fellow Christians, including Pope Celestine.
The Holy father, recognizing the valor and loyalty of the Bavarian faction, convinced Louis IV (The Holy Roman Emperor) that Markus the head of the Vahlok house to become the Duke of Bavaria. In 1294 AD, the Vahloks would ascend to the highest Bavarian authority their family had ever reached, now completely controlling the region where they had made their home eight-hundred years prior. This title would be passed down from father to son for over one-hundred years until a unique descendant named Konrad would become the last Vahlok to become Duke of Bavaria.
Rise of a Mutant: History of the ElusiveStorm.
Konrad, son of Hector and Marie Vahlok, was born during the fall of 1424 AD. Within the first few hours of his life, he was named the successor to the title of Duke of Bavaria as his father's health quickly deteriorated. Hector would die two days after the birth of his son, leaving his wife as the Steward of the Duchy and to teach their son how to rule.
Konrad grew up isolated within the castle and always under the watchful eye and guidance of his mother. During his youth, he was progressively taught politics, philosophy and economics. He would begin to practice how to ride a horse and manage weapons as well as undergoing rigorous physical training. The need for this swift education was due to rival Bavarian factions vying for the throne of the Duchy, believing that a woman and her young son could not manage the interests of the region.
Assassination attempts became frequent as Konrad aged, fortunately the remnants of the old Bavarian Crusader Order acted as the Vahlok's personal guard and deterred every attack without incident.
As Konrad turned fourteen, Marie had stepped down as Steward of the Dutchy, believing her son was ready to become the Duke of Bavaria. Extremely wise for his age, Konrad took the title earnestly and carefully chose a select group of noblemen loyal to his family to become his advisors alongside his mother. Just as he was starting his tenure, an unexpected change had begun to occur within the young Duke.
Bio-Electric Energy Generation & Manipulation:
The ElusiveStorm's heart is the source of his mutant abilities. It is constantly generating an unlimited supply of Bio-electric Energy, which can be seen as a force field consisting of small electrical bolts dancing across his form at all times. This energy that emanates from his body also serves as a shield to protect him from physical and other energy-based attacks. The field itself is harmless, allowing him to still make physical contact with others without any danger.
- Matter Displacement: The ability that personifies The ElusiveStorm, he is capable of teleporting through the discharge of the bio-electric energies within his body. The process is almost instantaneous, appearing as an erratic electrical storm. While teleporting, the air around the affected area rapidly expands, creating a sound similar to thunder. He can use this power strategically in battle, through rapidly teleporting numerous times, resulting in unpredictable attacking patterns from every direction and eluding counter-attacks. He can replicate this process with other beings and objects by focusing his energy towards the intended target. Utilizing this ability too often can become strenuous and begin to fatigue ES, leaving him more vulnerable to attack.
- B.E. Bolts: ES Can route the energies generated from within his heart, through his arms and release it from his hands into several large bolts of lightning. The power of these bolts can range from being a concussive force, to super-heated arcs of pure energy that can blast through and destroy most materials, turning them into ash (This takes great concentration and effort). The closer the intended target is to the source of the conduits (ES' hands), the more intense the power.
- Void Whip: A weapon made of pure energy, it can manifest from either of ElusiveStorm's hands. As soon as it is spawned, the whip begins to intensify with heat and becomes more lethal. It's best feature is it's extendable range as it can reach a length of forty feet.
- E.M.P: In an age where electricity and technology are so crucial to survival, it has made ES more powerful than ever. Through sheer concentration, he is able to emit a large electro-magnetic pulse that will render technology and anything utilizing electricity, useless. The size of the blast radius depends on how long ES charges his energy, the longer he takes, the more is affected.
- Generated Healing: Through focusing some of his energy on a wound and releasing small electrical discharges, he can speed up the healing process.
- Audiokinesis: Capable of harnessing his Bio-Electric energy within his vocal chords, ES can release a devastating scream that can generate a powerful concussive force. His scream is tied in with his emotional state, if he becomes angered, energy automatically transfers from his heart to his vocal chords.
- Minor Weather Control: Due to his personal connection with electricity, ES can summon thunder storms that can appear even during the most clear of weather. From this, he can direct where lightning bolts can strike within a radius of two miles.
- Electro-Telekinesis: A unique ability that was only recently discovered, ElusiveStorm can project his energy in a way that can enable him to move objects and even living beings by surrounding them in fields of bio-electricity. He is able to levitate, propel or even manipulate them to his will.
Power Grid Points:
Energy projection: 6.
Fighting Ability: 4.
Mental Power: 1.
Speed: 3. (7 - Teleportation).
A relic and family heirloom forged at the end of the third century. It has been refined and altered over the centuries by different ancestors so that it could remain a useful weapon in time periods where similar blades had become ineffective in battle. ElusiveStorm has done the same, replacing nearly every part of the sword (except for the silver handle and guard) with Adamantium, making it near-indestructible. The sword has become an extension of ES, as it is almost always with him, strapped to his back. The Bio-Electric energies that surge through ElusiveStorm's body can be channelled into the blade, making it an even deadlier weapon as it releases lethal bolts of electricity with every slash or thrust.
Objects of sentimental value to Konrad, he wears a steel chain necklace with two gold bands hanging at the bottom. Both rings were once worn on his left hand, one on the pinky finger and the other on the ring finger. The one worn on his ring finger was once his wedding band when he was still married to the love of his life Katrina. The other ring with an emerald insignia was worn as a symbol of the ruling Duchy of Bavaria, when he was still the reigning Duke. After a tragedy that ended with his wife murdered and his home nearly destroyed, Konrad felt unbearable shame of wearing the rings and tried to take them off, but no avail. Desperate to remove the burden that these articles of jewellery imposed on him, he cut off both fingers. It wasn't until he avenged his wife, that he felt that he could wear the rings once again, but only from the steel chain that hangs from his neck.
ARCryns: A(utomated) R(obotic) C(onduits).
A legion of humanoid robots created by ElusiveStorm and powered by his Bio-Electric Energy. Although designed with an Advanced A.I. their primary programming function is to serve their creator, following any command he orders.
They are designed and constructed with a titanium armor casing, which houses their Bio-Electric chambers. Their circuitry is based on the interior human muscular, skeletal and nervous systems.
Each ARCryn stands just under twelve feet tall and weigh approximately eight-hundred pounds. They are capable of flight, releasing B.E. Bolts (from their eyes and/or hands), and display enhanced strength.