Arrow's Deathstroke Revealed!

In the series premiere of The CW's Arrow this week, DC Comics fans got a very cool surprise in the form of a quickly-glimpsed mask seen on the island Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) was trapped on.

And we finnaly see the The Terminator himself, Slade Wilson, Deathstroke! While he never donned his costume, a character based on Deathstroke, Slade Wilson, previously appeared on Smallville.With a exclusive IGN photo below, Arrow is basing their version of the character very closely on his comic book incarnation.

Deathstroke (played by Jeffrey Robinson) in the fifth episode of Arrow, "Damaged," airing in November.

What do you think? Deathstroke is also in Young Justice Invasion. He's Everywhere!

21 Comments
21 Comments
Posted by Ravager4

Who is this Jeffrey Robinson guy and why can't I find him anywhere?

Posted by MatKrenz

@Ravager4: Maybe he's a stuntman turned actor.

Posted by danhimself

I don't know how I feel about the looks of the mask.....right now I don't like it

Posted by Bitchgurl

@danhimself said:

I don't know how I feel about the looks of the mask.....right now I don't like it

Yeah, it looks kind of off to me as well

Posted by Ravager4

@Bitchgurl said:

@danhimself said:

I don't know how I feel about the looks of the mask.....right now I don't like it

Yeah, it looks kind of off to me as well

could be the lightning, the colored half looks a lot more yellow, rather than coppery orange, like it is in the first episode

Posted by CrimsonCake

Somebody could modify the colors of this image to make a fake Deadpool movie poster.

Posted by lilcraig92

His Costume look very cheap, It look stupid.lls

Posted by cattlebattle
Online
Posted by lilcraig92
Posted by ImmortalOne

His mask went from being cool looking to a multi-colored ski mask...

Posted by Superguy0009e

Mask takes away from the suit. Maybe if it looked more like a helmet and less like spandex...

Posted by Dracade102

I'm okay with this. It's comic book accurate as far as live action can go, and it doesn't look like a Deathstroke cosplayer with OCD. The shade of orange looks a little off there but I'm still excited to see him in action.

Posted by Gambit1024

I'll wait to see it in action.

Posted by ryu_talkative_batman

wasn't his head on a pike in the first episode?

Edited by Kyle_Dornez

Just watched ep 5. Was that just black and white mask?

Damn, Arrow, keeps hurting... What was so difficult in making it orange? And they kept adding that shading to make it look slight-orangy, like they were ashamed of that... I think I'll wait to call that guy "Deathstroke". But apparently he is, as that chinese guy seemed to take out his eye there. Urgh... Of course he is a mercenary, but dude looked like a mute mook =__=

Posted by sethysquare

@Kyle_Dornez: it was pretty much yellow/orange. the lightings in the flashbacks muted everything on purpose to show a difference.

I don't see anything of being ashamed off. making an ocean out of nothing.

Posted by sethysquare

@Kyle_Dornez:

You can tell its yellow/orange without the filter. with the filter, the green was also muted because they wanted flashback scenes to take a certain look. Plus your whole complaint was about the color, so here you go.

Edited by Kyle_Dornez

@sethysquare said:

I don't see anything of being ashamed off. making an ocean out of nothing.

@sethysquare said:

You can tell its yellow/orange without the filter. with the filter, the green was also muted because they wanted flashback scenes to take a certain look. Plus your whole complaint was about the color, so here you go.

Well, to be fair, I just like to complain about that show. It isn't good.

Weird thing about mask is that in first episode it was BRIGHT ORANGE on a stick. I think I'll wait until he appears outside of flasbacks before complaining again. Still, if I thought that it was white with orange lighting, then it's quite possible that some other people may think the same. Maybe it's because he was revealed as black-and-white and only then got more.. errr... orange-y...

Besides, even then, this dude has several scenes, but in all of them he's just, well, terminator - dumb and silent, cutting things he's pointed at. It sucks. He never even hinted at any character besides "Look, it's totally Deathstroke, you may squee now"

Posted by Narianastaris

His mask looks pale because the flashbacks are done with a different saturation. I like the effect and it didnt bother me. I'm sure deathstoke will pop up again in the present and his mask will be black and orange.

They are giving us the flashbacks slowly. Sure he hasnt talked yet but I'm sure in the future he will talk. Its a tv show and it has to be paced. We can't get everything at the same time.

I thought deathstroke was great. If i were going to complain about anything it would be Thea. -.-

Posted by sethysquare

@Kyle_Dornez said:

@sethysquare said:

I don't see anything of being ashamed off. making an ocean out of nothing.

@sethysquare said:

You can tell its yellow/orange without the filter. with the filter, the green was also muted because they wanted flashback scenes to take a certain look. Plus your whole complaint was about the color, so here you go.

Well, to be fair, I just like to complain about that show. It isn't good.

Weird thing about mask is that in first episode it was BRIGHT ORANGE on a stick. I think I'll wait until he appears outside of flasbacks before complaining again. Still, if I thought that it was white with orange lighting, then it's quite possible that some other people may think the same. Maybe it's because he was revealed as black-and-white and only then got more.. errr... orange-y...

Besides, even then, this dude has several scenes, but in all of them he's just, well, terminator - dumb and silent, cutting things he's pointed at. It sucks. He never even hinted at any character besides "Look, it's totally Deathstroke, you may squee now"

you do know that even with the filters, its yellow, not orange,

Posted by MrShway88

I don't care about the color. I hate the eye brows and cranial features. I thought it was going to be a slimmer look.