By deadpoolrules 26 Comments
As promised to @samimista,I will do this review,but it will be a different review,so if you're a hater of the game,please don't read this,because this will make you hate me and the game even more.
People know I'm a big Deadpool fan,but I did this the most neutral way possible and the game takes a respectful and well deserved in my opinion,now let's see why:
The game wasn't meant to be groundbreaking,or innovate something.It also wasn't supposed to present Deadpool,so you need to have a base on the character to play it.Well,it was meant to be a game for fans and people who want to dig a little bit deeper on Deadpool.I think that,in terms of following what they promised,they did well.Also,the fun factor,I'll be honest,I never had so much fun on a game,maybe playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 or Halo 4,but this game hardly pisses me of,which is easy =P
Now moving to the three aspects I always analyze:
The campaign is really well made,I mean,the 4th wall breakings,the characters,it is everything on it's place and it is everything how a Deadpool game should be.The plot is well made,yet crazy,but hey,it is a Deadpool game,right?
It starts with Deadpool in his apartment,checking his voice mail.When Peter De La Peña says "No" about his game,he explodes something at High Moon and accomplish to have the game done.The plot consists on Mr.Sinister's plan to kill everyone in the whole world,but the plan is not fully explained,since Deadpool wasn't paying attention to Cable's explanation(typical).
Now this is the part where it gets ichy.I think the gameplay was average.I'm used to play beat 'em up games,as Crackdown 2,so I recognize the controls are easier than they seem to be,actually,just stick to the basic and you will survive.
The Challenge mode is challenging,even more than it,the Infinite Mode is f***ing impossible to accomplish(if it can be accomplished),but that is what it was meant to be.The best part is the skins,oh,Ultimate Deadpool,how this skin is awesome.
The difficulty 'Ultra Violence!' is pretty challenging too,I would reccomend playing at the normal mode first(which I totally forgot the name).
Again,it was not meant to be groundbreaking,so the graphics are average too.Actually,they were 'comicbook graphics'.You can differ what is one thing and what is another thing,so that's what matter.
The end?Nope,just the beginning:
I have tortured and forced myself to read the other reviews in order to realize what is right and what is wrong.Well,the complaints are all repetitive and annoyingly wrong,it's hard to find something really descent,so here we go,fighting against the most common 'problems'.
- "The game is repetitive":Well,you're probably saying that because you fight enemies all over and they look repetitive:they are Mr.Sinister's clones and also,hack 'nd slash games have repetitive enemies,don't you remember TMNT?Also,this argument would point the fact that CoD Zombies is a waste of time,since it's basically:'buy weapons,kill zombies and buy upgrade',also,all the old school games would become obsolete by this point of view,which is repugnant since even Halo has enemies that look alike and it's still being one of the best games ever.
- "Too much violence." or "The humor is too dark/juvenile.":It is Deadpool,for godsake's,if it wasn't violent,hasn't black and juvenile jokes all the time,it would not be Deadpool.Also,it's not that way all the time,there are pretty funny moments where he don't use dark/juvenile jokes.
And this three 'problems' are repeated all over again in reviews around the world.I bet that who played the game isn't a Deadpool fan,or even worse,never heard of him.
Now it ended,right?
No,now it's time for my Top 5 lists!
Top Five Moments:
- Slapping Wolverine a bunch of times.
- The first cutscene and the first two achievments.
- "Who the fuck is Cable?"
- The second time he kills a Sinister's clone,a.k.a the Twitter part.
- The bathroom scene(the whole lot of jokes)
Top Five Weapons:
- Hammer - It gives a lot of damage and can help you cleaning up the mess.
- Katanas - The standart gear,but still being awesome!
- Plasma Rifles - Because it makes me remember Halo and because they can deal a lot of damage,very useful on the last stage.
- Pistols - Yup,the pistols are great for shootings and headshots.
- Shotguns - "Can you be more of a noob?Shotguns?!" that quote got me.
Top Five Cameos:
Now it is over!
Now it is finally over.Any doubts on how getting achievments.Send me an e-mail or a message on Facebook or maybe a PM here.
E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org (the first letter is an 'L')