By deadpoolrules 18 Comments
Hello earthlings and other Viners,and welcome to another episode of Chimichanga Reviews,with your host
Deadpool DPR.This review will be about a great game to us,comicbook fans and also one of the best fighting games I ever played(nothing can top Marvel Vs Capcom 2 =P)
As my first review(Halo 4),I'll divide this into three different topics,which I shall judge:Campaign,which involves the main story;Gameplay,which involves all the single and multiplayer modes,if the commands are easy,etc;Graphics,involving the games environment,if you can actually identify what is what.Let's start,than.
The campaign of this game is based of the comic series "Injustice" and is a great adaptation.It tells the story of a different universe,where Superman accidentally killed Lois Lane when poisoned by Joker,than killed him.In this different universe,two factions appear,the Regime,a group lead by Superman,which has the world's protection as an objective,and will do it by any necessary way;and the Insurgence,which has as objective stopping Superman's madness,the group is lead by Batman and actually have a chance of winnimg this 'war' when this dimension Batman brings some heroes from the Earth-One dimension.
The campaign is short but full of twists and it also does help you with training.It's minigames are fun and present a challenge to the player.It is worth to play,in other words.
The gameplay is the highlight of all fighting games and it will ever be,with Injustice,it's what most called my attention because of two things:easy button mashing and awesome unique character's abilities.
Injustice's singleplayer modes are great,I mean,one thing is just a "Versus" mode all the time,other is different kind of battles,Injustice has both.You can simply enter the Battles mode and fight classical to unlock endings or you can fight battles while poisoned,withouth recharging your health,only against heroes.The Star Labs is also a great way to spend your time,you don't need to simply win,you can always try again and again to unlock the three stars.
The multiplayer is also really good,you can practice with friends on training modes or have a tournament of King of the Hill with eight friends,it's all up to you.The ranked matches are also a great way to improve your skills,but,please,do not spam Deathstroke or Joker,otherwise,I'll have to kill you =P
The graphics are great,you can tell everything you see on the stage with no further problems,but it isn't better than it,I mean,the game is very poor in details,Wonder Woman hair doesn't move,for example,or even worse,when you win a fight with Bane,he'll walk to the enemy and pretend he will stab him,but missing on purpose a few centimeters,if the enemy has a cape,it will simply go through his body.
I do understand it is a fighting game and that it wasn't focused on graphics,but there are people that do care about it.
Talking about a subject that won't affect the verdict,the DLC character:Lobo.
In my opinion,he was a great call,I say this not only as a comics fan,but as a fighting game fan too.His combos are great and his special moves cover great distances,but he's mainly a close ranged character.I personally liked him a lot and loved his ability and hyper move(yeah,yeah,Marvel Vs Capcom player's tend to call the last moves as hyper moves/combos).One hint to all of you:
- Xbox 360:X+X+A+LT+RT > try that as Lobo,before the last blow hits,use the hyper move(LT + RT),it is unblockable.Use the ability before the combo =D
- Playstation 3:Square+Square+Cross+R2+L2 > try that as Lobo,before the last blow hits,use the hyper move(R2 + L2,I think),it is unblockable.Use the ability before the combo =D
DPR's Favourites-Top 5:
- Aquaman is a tank,I love to troll Deathstroke and Flash spammers with this dude.
- Doomsday is a great brute character with strong blows,too bad he's slow,but that isn't such a problem.
- Lobo is a close ranged due,but still being annoying if you know how to use him.I may lose health easily with him,but I'll take you down xD
- Deathstroke is a long ranged character,a close ranged character,a mid ranged character,resuming,an annoying character.I spam this dude for trolling,but not always.
- Nightwing is a close ranged dude and also a great combo maker,I just love when I hit the right buttons and manage to do a 10 or even greayer combo.
That's right,it is an awesome game,but it has some little details to improve.