32 Comments
Posted by sethysquare

wow. amazing.

Posted by Blood1991

This just proves that any character with the right team can be sucessfull. Way to go Aquaman!

Posted by matchesmalone21

@Danial79: One thing to say: Aquaman rocks

Posted by Lvenger

Oops I'm responsible for part of the 25% loss in initial readership of Batman and Robin lol. Anyway this is great news for Aquaman!

Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt

Fu

Posted by Danial79

I thought the news would be well-received :)

If anyone's curious, the worst (ongoing) series is The Savage Hawkman, having lost 62% of it's readers.

Posted by jakob187

It's about time that Aquaman gets some due respect!

Also, how did I know that all the other books after that would be Bat books?

Posted by Danial79

@jakob187 said:

Also, how did I know that all the other books after that would be Bat books?

Indeed. It's good to know he's up there with the greats :)

Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy

Aquaman deserves this. He is a damn good character when he has damn good writers on the job.

Posted by The Stegman
Posted by dvader

I'm surprised that Batman lost so many readers. I thought Batman New 52 series was critically acclaimed? Are they already going downhill?

Posted by Brit

hot damn!!!

Posted by Danial79

@dvader: Every DC series is declining in sales still. I'm sure they'll eventually level out, but it hasn't happened yet. Batman #2 sold around 178k and Batman #10 was down to 130k.

Posted by SupBatz

Aquaman and Batman and Robin FTW! (Not sure how it's possible that The Dark Knight has maintained its initial readers better than Batman and Robin....)

Posted by TheThe

@Blood1991 said:

This just proves that any character with the right team can be sucessfull. Way to go Aquaman!

This.

Posted by X9

That's good to know, though it doesn't surprise me.

I've been hearing great critics about his issues :)

Edited by IIDEADxPOOLII

I cry tears of joy.... Aquaman has always been one of my favorite superheroes now he's getting the respect he always deserved.

Edited by Funrush

@dvader said:

I'm surprised that Batman lost so many readers. I thought Batman New 52 series was critically acclaimed? Are they already going downhill?

I have a feeling many of the new readers for the New 52 may have only picked up Batman or Justice League, and only the first few issues before quitting. Just because Aquaman didn't lose so many readers doesn't mean it sold great, it means it has extremely loyal fans.

By the way, how good did Aquaman sell? Wasn't it top 10, 15? Can I have the link for the sales lists?

Posted by jwalser3

@Danial79 said:

I thought the news would be well-received :)

If anyone's curious, the worst (ongoing) series is The Savage Hawkman, having lost 62% of it's readers.

I am glad. I dropped it at issue 4. Couldn't stand it, I wanted it to be good :(

Posted by Rumble Man

Naysayers needs to get spayed

That character deserves that love after all he's been through the past years

Posted by Danial79

@Funrush said:

By the way, how good did Aquaman sell? Wasn't it top 10, 15? Can I have the link for the sales lists?

Aquaman is currently the 10th selling New 52 series.

Here's the link to the sales charts: http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/1850.html

Posted by Danial79

@jwalser3 said:

@Danial79 said:

I thought the news would be well-received :)

If anyone's curious, the worst (ongoing) series is The Savage Hawkman, having lost 62% of it's readers.

I am glad. I dropped it at issue 4. Couldn't stand it, I wanted it to be good :(

You made it further than me. I dropped it after #2 :)

Posted by polo327

Those drop off rates are very suprising, not Aquaman retaining most of its readers, but how on earth people haven't been dropping off Detective Comics and Dark Knight.

Posted by Madame_Mist

People do like him.

Posted by Funrush

@polo327 said:

Those drop off rates are very suprising, not Aquaman retaining most of its readers, but how on earth people haven't been dropping off Detective Comics and Dark Knight.

This, XD. I have to admit that I dropped Aquaman at Issue 6, but it was because I couldn't afford to keep buying it, and too many panels without dialog.

Edited by Hatutzeraze

@Danial79 said:

@jwalser3 said:

@Danial79 said:

I thought the news would be well-received :)

If anyone's curious, the worst (ongoing) series is The Savage Hawkman, having lost 62% of it's readers.

I am glad. I dropped it at issue 4. Couldn't stand it, I wanted it to be good :(

You made it further than me. I dropped it after #2 :)

Oh, so YOU were the guys who kept who kept that number from being only 16%.

Posted by jwalser3

@Hatutzeraze:Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but his new series is just boring and I can't stand reading it.

Posted by Deranged Midget

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Aquaman deserves this. He is a damn good character when he has damn good writers on the job.

Moderator
Posted by Hatutzeraze

@jwalser3 said:

@Hatutzeraze:Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but his new series is just boring and I can't stand reading it.

Haha! No worries. I was just kidding around. Everyone's welcome to their own opinion.

Posted by Danial79

@Hatutzeraze said:

Oh, so YOU were the guys who kept who kept that number from being only 16%.

If our 2 sales accounted for 46%, the series was in worse shape than I thought :P

Posted by jrock85

Cool

Posted by Video_Martian

This is great news.