cbishop

Just Write.

21160 393968 456 392
Forum Posts Wiki Points Following Followers

Workspace #1 (of 10)

? , by ?

? , created by ?

DateOpen Sourced:ViewRead the...
/24 - (Blog) (Forum) Disclaimer
No Caption Provided
RatingRating explanation
E Informational.

?

Posted to the FB group, Open Source Characters:

  • ?
?'s Description from ?:
-
Please include this paragraph anywhere you use this OSC:
Please include these paragraphs anywhere you use these OSC's:

Note: See "About 'The Paragraph' " in the third comment box to understand why this should be important to all creators. -cb

Please include the paragraph below anywhere you use the character:

The open source character of ?, has been released to the Public Domain, and is available for use by anyone with only the following conditions: this paragraph must be included in any publication involving the character, in order that others may use this property as they wish, following the same rules as Public Domain properties. The main rule being that your version's story cannot be like the story of anyone else's version (meaning: you may not reference elements from the story you find the character in, because they belong to that story's author, and are not open source).

Please include the paragraph below anywhere you use the object:

The open source object of ?, has been released to the Public Domain, and is available for use by anyone with only the following conditions: this paragraph must be included in any publication involving the object, in order that others may use this property as they wish, following the same rules as Public Domain properties. The main rule being that your version's story cannot be like the story of anyone else's version (meaning: you may not reference elements from the story you find the object in, because they belong to that story's author, and are not open source).

Please include the paragraph below anywhere you use the team:

The open source team of ?, has been released to the Public Domain, and is available for use by anyone with only the following conditions: this paragraph must be included in any publication involving the team, in order that others may use this property as they wish, following the same rules as Public Domain properties. The main rule being that your version's story cannot be like the story of anyone else's version (meaning: you may not reference elements from the story you find the team in, because they belong to that story's author, and are not open source).

.

See more OSC's: (Characters) (Creators)
No Caption Provided

Thanks for checking out Open Sourced! :^D

.

Character Viability

There are no "?" or "?" characters listed on Comic Vine, so as far as I can tell, the names are not being used in comics. Therefore, they're viable as Open Source Characters.

There is no "?" character listed on Comic Vine, so as far as I can tell, the name is not being used in comics. Therefore, it's viable as an Open Source Character.

Object Viability

There is no "?" object listed on Comic Vine, so as far as I can tell, the name is not being used in comics. Therefore, it's viable as an Open Source Object.

Team Viability

There is no "?" team listed on Comic Vine, so as far as I can tell, the name is not being used in comics. Therefore, it's viable as an Open Source Team.

About "The Paragraph":

Note: Many Open Source Characters (Objects, Teams, etc.) have a requirement that is generally known as "The Paragraph." Basically: its purpose is to keep everyone honest that these new concepts are in the Public Domain. It requires you to include The Paragraph anywhere you use them, letting people know who created the OSC, and that it is available for all to use. I've used my own, modified version of The Paragraph for these blogs to (hopefully) make it clearer what is available, and what is not.

I do this whether the original OSC post requires it or not, because I think it is important for everyone, especially if you are integrating Open Source properties with your original properties, to differentiate between the two. My theory being the clearer you make it, the less legal hassle there will be as time goes on.

Thanks. -cb

Thanks for reading! :^D

List items

4 Comments

Avatar image for cbishop
cbishop

21160

Forum Posts

393968

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop

Oh yeah, doing the JL titles now.  All of these lists are ongoing (so far).  I'll be adding to them as I go along.

Avatar image for cbishop
cbishop

21160

Forum Posts