By cbishop 59 Comments
I know what you're thinking: "Cbishop! Who the hell is Raven Diablo?" Well, she sure ain't Batman!
<<<This is Miko Montgomery. So's this >>>
He's a lover of movies, magic, music, and the inventor of technodelic jazz! (With the CD to prove it!) He's also a friend, and the creator of our modern wuxia warrior- Raven Diablo: Agent of Kali...
...Convicted for running over a kidnapper...and then backing up and doing it again...a sympathetic judge sends Raven to a very special "nursing home" in the desert outside of Las Vegas, where she serves the residents, and learns from them as well. She's schooled in everything a good hero needs, and what emerges on the other side of her sentence is this:
Look, this beeotch is so bad, she even has her own theme music!
This is the 25th contest folks, and I wanted it to be special. It seems like everyone has been itching to write a bad@ss villain the last few contests, so that's what this contest is about- creating a villain for Raven Diablo.
I realize you probably don't know the character, but for this contest, that's okay (after the contest is a whole other story though! Buy Miko's book, dangit! ...Or the e-book- he's not picky). Here's some links to RavenDiablo.com, where you can find out the minimum on the characters:
- For Raven Diablo.
- For Xandra, The Zavada Brothers, Kim Desmond, Simon Janus, and more on Raven.
- For the Kaviani Family, and still more on Raven.
- For Whack City (aka Las Vegas).
Like I said, I wanted this contest to be special. For me, it is. I've been telling Miko that Raven Diablo is full of potential. What I'm asking you to do is find some of that potential. Don't worry about what the characters are like in the books. Just read the information and run with it.
- Of course, Raven Diablo has to be in the story.
- You have to create an OC villain for Raven Diablo.
- It's not required that you use the other characters shown on the website, but supporting cast is always a plus.
- No word limit.
- It is currently April 17th at 11:44am GMT. Deadline is two weeks (and a little): May 1st, 11:59pm GMT [yes, PM] (so 7:59pm EST, for my own reference).
Miko Montgomery is a friend of mine, y'all, and seeing his dream get published has been the inspiration that keeps me pushing towards my own dreams. Help me give a little back to the man, and show his characters some love. (It won't be exactly what you created, Miko, so don't freak out.)
Okay, I'm off to tell Miko about the contest. ;) -cb