By Brotha-Man 5 Comments
As a writer I was chillin, bored out of my mind, one day. So I look at some of my old comics and come up with the interesting idea to make a fan fiction story that could actually be picked up if Marvel didn't care about the rites. And in all honesty they probably wouldn't because my cast is all Black and all underdogs. It would be a semi Blaxploitation-esc series where these forgotten villains get together to change their lives. Some for the better, and some for the worse. It would be a complicated series due to the roster.
Team Roster. . . who met under odd circumstances.
1. Snake-Eyes : Found being kept alive by a series of machines, Snake-Eyes would be a conflicted character. As a favor a young woman keeps him sustained by paying his hospital bills, but he is still slowly failing and is in a coma. Eventually the young woman turns to a man named Gadget for help. After being fixed up, and having a few lost organs reconstructed, Snake-Eyes is once again up and moving. He reveals that his psychotic position, prier to the defeat at Iron Fist's hands, was due to his desperation to survive his decaying state. It is further revealed that the woman, whom was a little girl back in the day, was saved from being attacked by a gang of racists by Snake-Eyes. He tells her that he saved her more out of his rage towards bigots, but none the less the woman is thankful. He joins the roster as a conflicted rogue who has to fight his internal anger and emotions, but he eventually becomes a street-level vigilante-hero but only because he is still wanted by the authoritites. As a martial arts master, Snake-Eyes would re-encounter other fighters from marvel. His ultimate goal, that he would succeed in by the series final issue, is to become human again. His goal is achieved by magical means.
2. Gadget : After fixing up and saving Snake-Eyes, the little genius continues his tenure as an inventor for villains. Until one of them turns out to be the psychotic villain known as Hardcore. Hardcore attempts to kill Gadget to keep his plans a secret but Gadget runs to a recovered Snake-Eyes, and a reluctant Luke Cage, for help. Snakes-Eyes narrowly fends of Hadrcore, and Gadget forms an interesting friendship with him. Gadget gives up being an inventor for villainy, and decides to open up his own shop. During the series he will be pulled into some action, but for most part acts as a support character. He eventually gets rich as his legit shop becomes a multi-millionaire company. Through out the series Gadget would be using all manner of gadgets that he develops, both to help Snake-Eyes and to defend himself.
3. Hypno-Hustler : The Hypno-Hustler, after being accidentally busted out of jail, tries to go legit as hero. He is fairly laid-back, and ends up connecting with Snake-Eyes due to a happen chance encounter on the subway. Their freindship intially starts with their admiration for each others afros, and a conversation analyzing the scarcity of the hairstyle in today's world. The Hypno-Hustler eventually joins Snake-Eyes as they both defend a neighborhood from dirty cops, there by solidifying their friendship. Through the serie Hustler is seen as main character number two, and the more light-hearted storyline. Snake-Eyes would have the arcs envolving drama and serious reflections of self, where as Hypno runs in capers that mix comedy, action, and happy endings. His costume has been replaced with a long black coat and dark purple clothes. He still uses his spike boots (though rarely to kill because he his trying the hero thing), his hypnotic goggles, and a series of gadgets from his wrist bands and boots. He ends up back in jail despite his good turn around, but the series main characters break him out as one of the final comic panels of the series.
4. Nightshade : She ends up teamed with the Hypno-Hustler as he is almost killed on his first attempt as a hero. Nightshade saves him by knocking out the overwhelming number of gangsters with a percussion grenade. She decides to go legit after a long talk with Hustler. Befriending Hustler, Nightshade learns to become more teamwork-esc. She also proves to be the smartest member of their group as she out thinks even Gadget, Her personal demons in the series is the notion of teamwork and being a hero, but through her odd interactions with the go-lucky Hypno-Hustler she gains a more positive persona. She ends up running community projects for negihborhoods destroyed by hero/villain battles.
5. Hardcore : He would be the oddest character as Hardcore only joins because he is defeated in combat by Snake-Eyes. Having survived his death scene from the Cage series, Hardcore slummed for years under his real name in Jamaica. He finally came back to seek revenge by having Gadget make a very powerful bomb. He attempts to kill Gadget, but Gadget manages to escape using his gadgets. Eventually Hardcore is narrowly defeated by Snake-Eyes, and decides to join him until he can kill him. Hardcore ends having conflicts with eveyone, but most of all Hypno-Hustler because he considers him a clown and a fool. As the series comes to an end Hardcore attempts to kill Snake-Eyes, and comes close only to be defeated by a surprise attack from Hustler. He is sent to the same prison as Hustler by the series end, but escapes and disappears.