Now, I suppose you think this is your typical, Top 10 villains Marvel, DC, etc. question. But for this it is way more complicated. It won't necessarily be your favorite, as a lot of mine aren't on this list.
The question is what are classic, great villains. You might think that's the same as favorite but it isn't. You have to give me a reason why your pick is the best. He must fit the following guidelines and I can guarantee you'll be thinking hard on this one.
- This character has to be very fleshed out. As much or more than the central Protagonist.
- He has to not be "all evil", he has to have something that is human, this villain must for all intends and purposes have something to respect about them, like with Doctor Doom's always keeping his word or he can be like the White Witch or Professor Moriarity where you clearly understand them. If they aren't human(or similar like with kryptonian and other humanoids) at least have them be like Shere Khan right he wanted to kill "the Man Cub" because of fear or something like that.
- He has to be the equal of or superior to the Protagonist - Possible ways are when the hero is smart or strong have the villain be just as if not more in those areas (kinda like with Batman and Joker). Or it could be Whatever the hero is in one quality the other has the opposite quality in equal or greater, kinda like with Superman(strength) and Luthor(Brain)
- You must be able to state why this will make the list. A reason should come to you. Is it the unique perspective? His goals? What? I'm sure after you think about it something should be able to come to mind.
- Character must be at least 5 years old
Those that can pass the rules will be listed here. Even though I can think of some I'd like to hear your thoughts: any listed with evidence will be put in the list I put below.
Those who have made the list:
- Red Skull