Geoff Johns hate for Batman

I know this is pointless, but I'll say it anyway. THIS IS NOT A BLOG TO BASH BATMAN. THERE ARE SEVERAL OTHER BLOGS FOR THAT, PLEASE GO TO ONE OF THEM.

Anyway, I've checked multiple sites and many people feel that Johns hates Batman. I actually think he's a good writer, but his obvious disrespect for my favorite character makes it hard for me to enjoy his work. As soon as I heard he would be writing JL after the reboot my fears rose, and they've been confirmed.

I'm starting this blog to keep a record of every time his Bat hate has been obvious. If you have any scans, please post them, and please post your reasoning with it.

AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A BASH BLOG. PLEASE GO ELSEWHERE TO BASH A CHARACTER, BATMAN OR OTHERWISE. THIS IS NOT A HATE BLOG.

20 Comments
20 Comments
Posted by daredevil21134

I think he does hate Batman

Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt

i don't really get why people think he hates Batman so much. all he did was have Hal punch him out once.

Online
Posted by batman_is_god

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

as more people comment on the blog, you'll see its more than just a test pilot flooring a man that knows 136 martial arts with one punch. Besides, there was more in that book than just that punch. It's how Johns replaces Batman's dark personality with a douchebag one. It's as if It's The Situation under the cowl instead of Bruce Wayne when Johns is writing.

Posted by batman_is_god

Here's an example: In Flashpoint Jason Todd's life was different since he never met Bruce Waybe, and he became a priest. So according to Geoff Johns Jason Todd would have been a priest insted of a murdering vigilante if he had never met Bruce

Posted by entropy_aegis

@batman_is_god said:

Here's an example: In Flashpoint Jason Todd's life was different since he never met Bruce Waybe, and he became a priest. So according to Geoff Johns Jason Todd would have been a priest insted of a murdering vigilante if he had never met Bruce

Yeah that was weird,especially since in the canon comics it has been acknowledged that had Batman not found him Jason would have been a lifer in Blackgate.

Posted by hatewhatispopular

@batman_is_god said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

as more people comment on the blog, you'll see its more than just a test pilot flooring a man that knows 136 martial arts with one punch. Besides, there was more in that book than just that punch. It's how Johns replaces Batman's dark personality with a douchebag one. It's as if It's The Situation under the cowl instead of Bruce Wayne when Johns is writing.

Awesome comment. Hal flooring Batman with one punch was pure hate if I have ever seen it. Then again, Batman is the most popular super hero at the time so it's cool to hate him.

Johns' depiction of Batman shall know be known as The Batuation.

Posted by hatewhatispopular

So far in the new JL book, written by Johns, Batman has been at the butt end of all jokes.

Posted by Gammbitt

I didnt like the fact that in his fight with superman batman didnt throw one punch. it ticked me off a little that and the fact he made batman empty the utility belt

Posted by RisingBean

If you want to go by the standards that the characters are supposed to be at, Batman would empty his utility belt. Using any level of realism Batman fighting Superman is sorta like him fighting a hurricane. He really shouldn't expect to win and survival should be something to be proud of.

Posted by Benuben

I agree. Still nothing compared to his despise of Wonder Woman.

Posted by tchrevor

You have to admit, though, that Batman's "bad ass"ness has gotten out of hand. At this point, with prep time, people accept that he could pretty much conquer any threat put before him. He's always crazy prepared for every possible outcome. I'm definitely not trying to say Batman sucks because I love the character, but over the years he's become increasingly more powerful to the point where it's perfectly acceptable to assume he would win in a fight with someone like the Spectre. I don't think that Geoff Johns hates Batman so much as he doesn't buy in to the current school of thought.

Edited by hatewhatispopular

@Benuben said:

I agree. Still nothing compared to his despise of Wonder Woman.

It's definite that Flash and GL are his boys above all else, but at least WW and Supes get something resembling respect in his JL run so far.

@tchrevor said:

You have to admit, though, that Batman's "bad ass"ness has gotten out of hand. At this point, with prep time, people accept that he could pretty much conquer any threat put before him. He's always crazy prepared for every possible outcome. I'm definitely not trying to say Batman sucks because I love the character, but over the years he's become increasingly more powerful to the point where it's perfectly acceptable to assume he would win in a fight with someone like the Spectre. I don't think that Geoff Johns hates Batman so much as he doesn't buy in to the current school of thought.

Sounds to me like you just hate Batman too and support his treatment of the character. Just because Batman does not have superpowers does not mean he can't match the rest of the league. Granted, he can't defeat The Spectre, but he's not useless by any means. He's part of the JLA because he can kick JLA ass. If characters like Dr. Doom and Lex Luthor are allowed to stomp massive ass with prep, why can't Batman? Oh yeah, CUZ HES POPLAR SO ITS TOTLY LAME TO LIKEZ HIM!

Also, it's not as if he needs prep for every fight against a super human. In Batman & Sin he crippled over 30 league of assassins members with the man bat serum (basically he defeated over 30 flying ninja werewolves). Just because he is popular and has no powers does not make him worthless. No other character gets a microscope when they kick ass.

Posted by mbembet

geoff johns is a douche of all dc writer i hate him and judd winick the most! bring back Rucka!!!

Posted by HolySerpent

Haha i like this blog. I wish people put up scans of Geoff disrespect of batman

Posted by hatewhatispopular

You know, I have another angle upon contemplation. Johns, in his time, has brought back Hal and Barry, brought back the Corps and made Wally all but disappear. I think Johns is too attached to his childhood, and in his childhood Batman was good for nothing on the JLA.

Posted by scouts1998

i don't think he hates him. he doesn't need to write him because he is already awesome. he has made barry allan even more awesom and made JSA, GL and Aquaman awesome, so far

Posted by kane7

I feel he's trying to commit suicide by sabotaging Batman who is more popular than superman i saw the sabotage when he rebooted all other heroes and making them younger except Batman, he did that to kill any chances for a BM/WW romance happening this new 52 sucks and it won't last long I hope DC cut the cancer (Johns) out before DC is doomed.

Posted by lifeofvibe

lets start

1. hal puches bats

2.stewart gets monkeymad at bats for being bats

3.crushes the idea of bm/ww by making him older

4.jason becomes a preist because he never met bats

5.earth one is a good book from most agles but from one angle bats is a complete douch because thats how geoff sees it

6.he literaly thinks nothing of batmans rouges gallery

7.aquaman is a king so it aint that surprising he challenges batman but...way back when grant morrison was running things (ah the good ol days) that was never a problem so in a sense geoff johns added something aquamans character its his way of saying ( through the character) I HATE BATMAN I HATE BATMAN I HATE BATMAN AND I HAVE A PERFECT REASONABLE EXCUSE FOR HATING HIM!!!

so yeah there some clear hate going on here

Edited by lifeofvibe

the only time he tryd to rubb off the bat hate idea from fans was in flashpoint when bats defeated zoom

Edited by Piquedram

In Batman Earth One, Johns made Bruce partly responsible for the his parents death. He shouted something like "my parents are the richest in Gotham" made the hired killer noticed them and killed the Waynes. That was really disgusting for me tbh.