Confused Newcomer To Flash In Need of Desperate Assistance!

#1 Edited by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so after reading Flash #8 I'm a bit confused. I know of Zoom (all-powerful guy that nobody can defeat,etc,etc,etc) but Professor Zoom? Are they related in any way? Is Professor Zoom also known as the Reverse Flash?
#2 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury:
Professor zoom is eobard thawne ,he comes from the future and has a face like barry allen , he idolized barry in the future but became a villian when he came to the present,he has same powers as the flashes and is powered by the negative speedforce. 
zoom is hunter zolomon and he was a FBI agent once he is just seperated from regular time allowing him to go as fast as he wants.  
Just check their page on comicvine.
#3 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis:
Thanks man!  

I've never been a big reader of Flash but issue #8 with Professor Zoom was pretty interesting. 

I was confused because when I typed in Reverse Flash in the search box Zoom & Professor Zoom came up.
#4 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

Your welcome,i myself am not an expert though and the name reverse-flash has been used by 3 guys,in addition to hunter and thawne another one called  the rival  (jay jarrick enemy) used it as well.
#5 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis:
I'll just stick to Eobard Thawne then.  

Apparently, Flash #8 retcons his origin in some way.  
#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" Ok, so after reading Flash #8 I'm a bit confused. I know of Zoom (all-powerful guy that nobody can defeat,etc,etc,etc) but Professor Zoom? Are they related in any way? Is Professor Zoom also known as the Reverse Flash? "
Don't believe everything you read regarding Zoom, people tend to overhype him sometimes :)
#7 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

thawne has been all over the place recently(even in time masters) hunter has been kinda forgotten(understandbly)

#8 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" Ok, so after reading Flash #8 I'm a bit confused. I know of Zoom (all-powerful guy that nobody can defeat,etc,etc,etc) but Professor Zoom? Are they related in any way? Is Professor Zoom also known as the Reverse Flash? "
Don't believe everything you read regarding Zoom, people tend to overhype him sometimes :) "

Very true. I actually found myself liking the Reverse Flash. I want to see more from him.
#9 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Jake Fury said:
Don't believe everything you read regarding Zoom, people tend to overhype him sometimes :) "

Not really , he is that awesome zooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.