Follow

Eobard Thawne

Character » Eobard Thawne appears in 396 issues.

Eobard Thawne was a brilliant scientist born in the 25th century, where Barry Allen's heroism as the Flash is the stuff of legend. Seeking to emulate his idol, Thawne traveled back in time to meet the Flash, but learned instead that his destiny was to become the Reverse-Flash, Allen's greatest nemesis. Rendered unstable by this knowledge, Thawne set out to erase Barry Allen from history and establish himself as the one true Flash.

Confused Newcomer To Flash In Need of Desperate Assistance!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Ok, so after reading Flash #8 I'm a bit confused. I know of Zoom (all-powerful guy that nobody can defeat,etc,etc,etc) but Professor Zoom? Are they related in any way? Is Professor Zoom also known as the Reverse Flash?
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Jake Fury:
    Professor zoom is eobard thawne ,he comes from the future and has a face like barry allen , he idolized barry in the future but became a villian when he came to the present,he has same powers as the flashes and is powered by the negative speedforce. 
    zoom is hunter zolomon and he was a FBI agent once he is just seperated from regular time allowing him to go as fast as he wants.  
    Just check their page on comicvine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis:
    Thanks man!  

I've never been a big reader of Flash but issue #8 with Professor Zoom was pretty interesting. 

I was confused because when I typed in Reverse Flash in the search box Zoom & Professor Zoom came up.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By entropy_aegis

Your welcome,i myself am not an expert though and the name reverse-flash has been used by 3 guys,in addition to hunter and thawne another one called  the rival  (jay jarrick enemy) used it as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis:
    I'll just stick to Eobard Thawne then.  

Apparently, Flash #8 retcons his origin in some way.  
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Jake Fury said:
    " Ok, so after reading Flash #8 I'm a bit confused. I know of Zoom (all-powerful guy that nobody can defeat,etc,etc,etc) but Professor Zoom? Are they related in any way? Is Professor Zoom also known as the Reverse Flash? "
    Don't believe everything you read regarding Zoom, people tend to overhype him sometimes :)
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By entropy_aegis

thawne has been all over the place recently(even in time masters) hunter has been kinda forgotten(understandbly)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    " Ok, so after reading Flash #8 I'm a bit confused. I know of Zoom (all-powerful guy that nobody can defeat,etc,etc,etc) but Professor Zoom? Are they related in any way? Is Professor Zoom also known as the Reverse Flash? "
    Don't believe everything you read regarding Zoom, people tend to overhype him sometimes :) "

Very true. I actually found myself liking the Reverse Flash. I want to see more from him.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    Don't believe everything you read regarding Zoom, people tend to overhype him sometimes :) "

Not really , he is that awesome zooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.