Why is Pro X called Chuck ?

#1 Posted by Maikky (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone explain .

#2 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe 'Chuck' is an acceptable nickname for 'Charles', like 'Charlie'. Similar to how someone named 'Robert' can be called 'Bob'.

#3 Posted by War Killer (19851 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonSmith said:

I believe 'Chuck' is an acceptable nickname for 'Charles', like 'Charlie'. Similar to how someone named 'Robert' can be called 'Bob'.

This. "Chuck" is just another name for "Charles" and vice-versa.
#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine usually calls Professor Xavier "Chuck" in some of the earlier comics, so I guess that's his way of greeting Professor Xavier.

#5 Posted by XsPectre28 (713 posts) - - Show Bio

CHARLES........ CHUCK!

#6 Posted by boob (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone used to call him Sir or Professor. Wolverine being the bad boy (at least back then) called him Chuck. The Professor hated and preferred Charles at least. After that it kinda became the Professor's nickname from only Wolverine. 

#7 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus used Professor X for a fast ball special...it didn't work out too well. Wolverine's a dick and likes calling him chuck because of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.