What id Proffesor X's opinion on X-Force?

#1 Edited by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

What IS profeSsor X's opinion on X force?

Does he agree with it?

If he doesn't, why doesn't he stops them? 

I mean they are killing people

#2 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he knows

#3 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio
@Band Lone:
Idk if he knows but he isnt in charge any more, Cyclops is so it's not up to him. He could out them but even if he knew about the old X-force during the Hope run, he wouldnt know about this one anymore
#4 Edited by JediXMan (29545 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, nobody knows about the current roster. But if you mean Scott's kill squad, he either knows and doesn't interfere or never found out. The X-Men all know, but he's not associated with them anymore.

Where is Xavier, anyway?

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan:
He's appearing in Avengers atm...
#6 Posted by JediXMan (29545 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: 

Ah.

I will never pick up a single issue of that piece of crap they call a series, but that is good to know.
#7 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @ReVamp:   Ah.  I will never pick up a single issue of that piece of crap they call a series, but that is good to know. "

You do well, you do very well.
#8 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGoldenOne: @DEGRAAF: How can he not know? Hes Professor X the most powerful telepath in the world (Or one of them) and he has cerebro he must know about it O_o
#9 Posted by SC (12696 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately we wouldn't know Xavier's opinion on his own arms being ripped off and being fed to him would be, since writers for the most part, have decided that he isn't really significant and his opinion doesn't matter in todays X-Men. Plus in a few years, its going to be retconned and revealed that Xavier actually was the one that formed X-Force, Secret Avengers, The Illuminati, The Cabal, The Injustice League, The Hammer Brotherhood, Skull and Daggers, Culture Club, and Boyz 2 Men. 

#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio
@Band Lone:
He would have to know who, when and where to look in to to find out information about it
#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: So true... :( 

But I do find it funny that the X-Men have managed to keep so many secrets from him.  He used to be the most powerful telepath in the world.  Now, any girl scout can blindside him.
#12 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" Unfortunately we wouldn't know Xavier's opinion on his own arms being ripped off and being fed to him would be, since writers for the most part, have decided that he isn't really significant and his opinion doesn't matter in todays X-Men. Plus in a few years, its going to be retconned and revealed that Xavier actually was the one that formed X-Force, Secret Avengers, The Illuminati, The Cabal, The Injustice League, The Hammer Brotherhood, Skull and Daggers, Culture Club, and Boyz 2 Men.  "
I knew it!

And I think it's a generational nod, with the rumors I've been hearing, I think they're going to retire ole' Eric and Xavier anyway.
#13 Posted by SC (12696 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  Do you read Avengers xerox-kitty? I thought the X-Men already knew about the Illuminati due to World War Hulk? Yeah your right, I mean so much is going on, on Utopia, and was going on... I remember having a good feeling with the way Carey sent him off in his last issue of Legacy. A man determined, now he is just wall paper if even that. Fingers crossed for the future! 
#14 Posted by SC (12696 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar:  Ironically I think with the First Class movie and a shift in X-Editors and Uncanny creative team, we might actually see a Xavier and Magneto revival, which I wouldn't oppose if done right. I do know that a few years back, that the plan was to retire Xavier and Magneto them being the dinosaurs that they were to try and build a more youthful leading character push with Cyclops but, I don't think fans actually responded as much as they may have liked, I mean, his characterization didn't help, especially in Uncanny (I maintain he rocked in Astonishing). Will be interesting how things play out. 
#15 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" @TheCrowbar:  Ironically I think with the First Class movie and a shift in X-Editors and Uncanny creative team, we might actually see a Xavier and Magneto revival, which I wouldn't oppose if done right. I do know that a few years back, that the plan was to retire Xavier and Magneto them being the dinosaurs that they were to try and build a more youthful leading character push with Cyclops but, I don't think fans actually responded as much as they may have liked, I mean, his characterization didn't help, especially in Uncanny (I maintain he rocked in Astonishing). Will be interesting how things play out.  "

He did rock the hell out of Astonishing; I love the god blessed book. Makes me feel all fuzzy and Warm inside :P

But I agree, we're gonna see Xavier and Magneto revival, but not with the rivalry so much... They're probably gonna stick together for a while.

#16 Posted by Full_Spectrum (1539 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" Unfortunately we wouldn't know Xavier's opinion on his own arms being ripped off and being fed to him would be, since writers for the most part, have decided that he isn't really significant and his opinion doesn't matter in todays X-Men. Plus in a few years, its going to be retconned and revealed that Xavier actually was the one that formed X-Force, Secret Avengers, The Illuminati, The Cabal, The Injustice League, The Hammer Brotherhood, Skull and Daggers, Culture Club, and Boyz 2 Men.  "
i don't know why, but i found that incredibly amusing.
#17 Posted by SC (12696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Full_Spectrum: Its probably those low seductive notes that Xavier can hit when he performs his rendition of End Of The Road, it cracks me up every time. Especially when I try and figure out who he is directing the lyrics to... 
#18 Posted by SC (12696 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp:  It was so sweet when he decided to make that small detour just so Stormy could see the area she was brought up. Nice touching moment between two friends. Thats what I missed in X-Books, that bond the characters developed together. 
#19 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Only the Acadeny & Pet kind.  But yeah, Illuminati wasn't a good move on Xavier's part.  I can understand how he could keep secrets, but not how secrets are kept from him.  It's such a crying shame that he's deteriorated into a cameo character who can barely keep track of the X-Men's movements.   

Cyclops didn't even bother using telepaths at first.  When he had Wolverine set up X-Force (during & after Messiah CompleX) there was nothing to stop Emma from picking up on those stray thoughts from 5 angry mutants.  The Cuckoos weren't introduced till later, by which time Emma should have known what was going on.  At that point in time, Xavier was still believed dead to the world & was putting fragments of his brain back together again.  Still, even with his fractured mind, Xavier had access to his powers that he'd never had before... I can't believe that the Cuckoos could block him while unaware of the changes to his mind. 

As for Uncanny X-Force, sure they have Betsy but Psylocke's powers aren't at full capacity.  She's operating on a lower strength in both TP & TK because she doesn't have the same equal strength with both that Jean had.  So how could she possibly block Emma & the Cuckoos, let alone Xavier?
#20 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" @TheCrowbar:  Ironically I think with the First Class movie and a shift in X-Editors and Uncanny creative team, we might actually see a Xavier and Magneto revival, which I wouldn't oppose if done right. I do know that a few years back, that the plan was to retire Xavier and Magneto them being the dinosaurs that they were to try and build a more youthful leading character push with Cyclops but, I don't think fans actually responded as much as they may have liked, I mean, his characterization didn't help, especially in Uncanny (I maintain he rocked in Astonishing). Will be interesting how things play out.  "

I wonder how it'll play out with Scott. The whole stepping down from being the leader of everything, to just a team of X-men.
#21 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: 
Yeah, I feel you. 
@xerox-kitty:
But does Emma just read everyone's mind on a regular basis? I'm sure that Marvel has an explanation for this, they just wouldn't let that slip.
#22 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: It's Emma... How else do you think she knows everyone's dirty little secrets ;)
#23 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
Yeah, good point... I'm sure Marvel will find a way to fix/explain this. They fix stuff well... You know, like they did with OMD... yeah... they do it well... 

Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I realise I have no faith in mankind... Then I remember that I hold Marvel responsible. :P 
#24 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: Sad, isn't it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.