Follow

Professor X

Character » Professor X appears in 7590 issues.

Professor Charles Xavier is the creator of the X-Men and founder of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. His dream of peaceful coexistence between mutants and humanity has long been the driving force for the X-Men. An immensely powerful telepath and scientific genius, Xavier was among the world's greatest masterminds. Killed at the hands of a Phoenix crazed Cyclops, Xavier's memory and dream still remains and motivates his X-Men to keep fighting for a world that fears and hates them.

Sort of a weird question/opinion about Professor X

Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Burnstar1230

Maybe this has been brought to the attention of others in the past but noticing all of the technology that the marvel universe has, why is it that no one has ever decided to give professor X cybernetic legs? I know there have been several times when Charles has regained the use of his legs, but he's always fated to damage his legs beyond use shortly after. So why not go the Forge route and create cybernetic legs for himself? I mean, if he can create the Danger Room and co-create Cerebro AND has connections with the likes of Reed Richards and Tony Stark, it seems like there wouldn't bee too much of a problem with creating artifical legs.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

He did have a Shi'ar exoskeleton that allowed him to walk. I think he liked using the wheel chair or the much cooler hover chair. It gained him respect like Joe Flaherty's character on SCTV. Besides he can walk again now anyway.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I think he's still walking, or dead. I'm not really sure anymore.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

Because he gets them broken 2 issues later.

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Shadow_Thief

He's a telepath; he doesn't really need his legs to do what he does.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

He had them in the future timeline in Wolverine & the X-Men. 

But he's been walking for years now.  Hopefully Marvel wont go back down the 'wheelchair' route.  They've got to stop teating their characters like gimmicks.
    Avatar image for lectriccolossus
    lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lectriccolossus

i think it keeps him humble with all that power in his dome, he shouldnt lose tht sense of humility...isnt he walking now?
    Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Burnstar1230
    @lectriccolossus said:
    " i think it keeps him humble with all that power in his dome, he shouldnt lose tht sense of humility...isnt he walking now? "
    Yeah, I guess he's making an example out of himself. And yeah, I just found out that Professor X can walk again, but I guess the point I was trying to make is that he's been in that chair for so long and with other beings that can create dimensional portals and clean energy could at least give the guy a pair of legs.@xerox-kitty said:
    " He had them in the future timeline in Wolverine & the X-Men.  But he's been walking for years now.  Hopefully Marvel wont go back down the 'wheelchair' route.  They've got to stop teating their characters like gimmicks. "
    Yeah, I remember that from Wolverine and the X-Men, but I think they're going to eventually go down that route again, sooner rather than later since he's slightly more recognizable in the wheelchair than on his own two feet. Being a professor and all, a physically fragile guy in comics is stereotypically a genius in some sense of fashion.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator

I think at one point they tried to explain it away that the damage was as much psychological as it was physiological. So in order for Xavier to physically walk with technology or artificial limbs, he must first learn to walk... in his mind!!! (lol) Plus why haven't Xavier, Forge, Reed bottled Wolverines blood and just grown back Karma and Hellions hands instead of giving them those funky as metal death claws. 

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Jotham

Wouldn't he have to cut off his legs to attach cybernetic legs, or do you mean an exoskeleton type thing?

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CATPANEXE

He keeps misplacing it I guess? Charles has a lot on his mind...
     He keeps misplacing it I guess? Charles has a lot on his mind...
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Jotham said:
    " Wouldn't he have to cut off his legs to attach cybernetic legs, or do you mean an exoskeleton type thing? "

I am sure Wolverine wouldn't mind chopping off the dead weight. Wouldn't be the first time he cut the legs off another team mate. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty

Notice how they dump Elixir every time they want to disfigure someone?
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " Notice how they dump Elixir every time they want to disfigure someone? "
    Which is really infuriating, Elixir is awesome. The whole New X-Men class was though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.