Professor X: Legs or wheels?

Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

So A few years ago some monkey with a type writer at Marvel got the ok to let Charley X walk. Again.
Now I personally think this was a bad idea. Marvel doesn't have another wheel chair bound character I'm aware of so why take that little bit of variety out of there world and let him walk?
So now he's just a telepath strollin' around on his fancy legs?
Who'll join me in lettin' Marvel know we want 'em to bust Charleys legs up one last time and leave 'em bust?
This is our petition.

#1 Posted by SuperGamera (565 posts) - - Show Bio

we want prof. x to be wheelchair bound for the rest of his life

#2 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperGamera: 

Thanks SuperGamera.
Seriously though. What can we expect next? Will Daredevil get his sight back?
#3 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gylan Thomas said:
" So A few years ago some monkey with a type writer at Marvel got the ok to let Charley X walk. Again. "
So Ed Brubaker is "some monkey with a type writer"? That's an... interesting opinion.
#4 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: 

Thought it happened in Grant Morrisons run. If not then that may I reiterate the "again" part.
I'm a big fan of Brubaker but every one makes mistakes and taking the chair from the most recognised wheel chair bound character was a mistake. He's not been improved as a character in any way. The MU's just lost that tiny bit of variety that made it that little bit better. In the real world some people are in wheel chairs.
#5 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

(How do I take this out of General Discusion and place it in the X-men forum?)

#6 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gylan Thomas said:
" (How do I take this out of General Discusion and place it in the X-men forum?) "
You'll have to ask a mod.
#7 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: 

so we can't just do it our selfs?
Huh.
I'll just sit back and wait then. 
Thanks.
#8 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I think characters have to evolve and this isn't that big of a deal to me. I like the Character pf Charles regardless of whether or not he can walk.

#9 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: 

I like Xavier too. Let's remember he's fictional. I'm not asking any one to go out and cripple a guy.
If it was an evolution it'd improve or strengthen the character in some way. It doesn't. The fact he was in a chair made him unique. Now since he's even been ousted as leader of the X-guys he's just like some annoying uncle type. He needs to given back some respect.
#10 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gylan Thomas said:
"He needs to given back some respect. "

Respect my disabilitah!
#11 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.