Follow

Professor X

Character » Professor X appears in 7596 issues.

Professor Charles Xavier is the creator of the X-Men and founder of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. His dream of peaceful coexistence between mutants and humanity has long been the driving force for the X-Men. An immensely powerful telepath and scientific genius, Xavier was among the world's greatest masterminds. Killed at the hands of a Phoenix crazed Cyclops, Xavier's memory and dream still remains and motivates his X-Men to keep fighting for a world that fears and hates them.

Prodigy?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#1  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Could Xavier pull a Prodigy and teach himself any form of combat that someone else knows? I'm talking about not only just knowing how, but being able to reproduce it. I'd like to see someone block his powers only to have him bust out some scary hand to hand that he'd been saving for that kind of scenario.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Resonate

Hahaha, that would be cool

I can see him judo chopping Magneto in my head right now

but, not being one that knows all to much about Marvel as a whole, Im afraid I don't know

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ebony Bishop

I think he could pull out the knowledge of how to do the moves, but I think that's the equivalent of learning martial arts from a book -- you have the theory, and no practical experience. Whereas, I think Prodigy gets the whole package -- how, instinctively, to move to do these moves correctly.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Xavier is a powerful and skilled telepath though. Even if he tried it and got the "book knowledge" aspect, he could figure out a way to do the same thing Prodigy does. I don't see why it would be different to begin with though. Prodigy's power is a psychic ability to instantly know the skills others know. I think Xavier could get the same information, the only difference would be that Xavier has to do it consciously while Prodigy doesn't.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Martian

LMAO! That would be awsome, I'm not sure how capable he would be at reproducing it but knowing how to do it, I don't see why not.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Well he's not in peak physical condition so of course he won't be taking down armies of Purifiers but he could spend some time getting in shape. But really I think the fact that he's a decent fighter (mad skills + average[?] body) at all would throw most attackers off guard. Plus, knowing his enemy's moves beforehand (he could "learn" Batgirl level move reading skills) would be helpful.

Omen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Omen

I don't think he could reporduce the skills. Like Ebony Bishop said, it would be just the book knowledge with no practical experience. Cause Prodigy has adaptive muscle memory to go along with learning the skill, but the professor only messes with the brain. Then again, there are still studies and what not being conducted that are showing some interesting things that imply that it might be possible to learn things like martial arts simply from a lucid dream. So maybe it's possible, in that regard, but I don't think it will ever really come up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.