Follow

Professor X

Character » Professor X appears in 7595 issues.

Professor Charles Xavier is the creator of the X-Men and founder of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. His dream of peaceful coexistence between mutants and humanity has long been the driving force for the X-Men. An immensely powerful telepath and scientific genius, Xavier was among the world's greatest masterminds. Killed at the hands of a Phoenix crazed Cyclops, Xavier's memory and dream still remains and motivates his X-Men to keep fighting for a world that fears and hates them.

Just remember something, Scott...

• 62 results
    OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By OmegaHans

You would have been nothing but a lost little mutant boy without Charles Xavier.

What a way to go.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Phoenix did it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

lol.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

um...Scott..isn't real..

<3

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TDK_1997

Still haven't read the issue but I wanna see it.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Pyrogram

I hate scott.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Fuchsia_Nightingale:

Wait what?

@OmegaHans: Remember Charles, if you weren't such a flying hypocrite Cyclops wouldn't have been put in this position.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @OmegaHans: this has more to do with Marvels crap writing that Cyclops's flaws 
    Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VampireSelektor

@TheCrowbarsaid:

@Fuchsia_Nightingale:

Wait what?

@OmegaHans: Remember Charles, if you weren't such a flying hypocrite Cyclops wouldn't have been put in this position.

You believe Xavier's transgressions influenced Cyclops into his more aggressive stance as leader of the X-men, and later as Phoenix?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#10  Edited By StMichalofWilson

After Schism and AvX, Scott doesn't deserve to lead the X-Men. I mean he may need some redemption, but not leadership. Not after killing Xavier.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCrowbar

@VampireSelektor: You don't think Xavier's lifetime of failure to garner lasting peace among humans and mutants or to actually protect the mutant race doesn't? You don't think Xavier's enslavement of Danger didn't rattle Cyclops? Even after all that what does Xavier do? Does he seek redemption or an attempt to mend fences? No he just disappears. It's shitty writing for both characters. But I can actually see Scott's change and why it happen(All the way until AvX 11 which makes no sense for the character, it's not even internally consistent with the Cyclops of AvX)

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Funrush

Can someone tell me what the full story of his death is? I didn't read it yet.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Funrush: Xavier keeps messing with Cyclop's mind, telling him to let it happen, while the Avengers charge him from behind so Cyclops kills him.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@TheCrowbar: @Funrush: dont listen hes just hurting a character he likes is a douche. chuck tried to stop cyke peacefully, cyke couldnt oppose him he then took emmas pf and almost killed her and then killed chuck. then turned really evil aka Dark Phoenix.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheCrowbar

@theTimeStreamer:

What are you talking about? Cyclops asks Xavier to get out of his head twice, before they reveal the Avengers all rushing him from behind. Had Xavier stayed out of it, nothing would've happened to him. You forget in UXM(Which sadly is the last Marvel book I prepaid for), Cyclops talks about Xavier shutting down his "active" brain.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@TheCrowbar: and cyke wouldve done as he pleased with the world while emma continued to kill and enslave people behind his back. chuck did the right thing. cyke deserves to die.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheCrowbar

@theTimeStreamer: Before AvX 11, what was the evil thing Cyclops did?

aaunderoath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By aaunderoath

@theTimeStreamer said:

@TheCrowbar: and cyke wouldve done as he pleased with the world while emma continued to kill and enslave people behind his back. chuck did the right thing. cyke deserves to die.

Cyke deserves to die because he fixed the world while EMMA did evil things? sorry but I don't understand that logic

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#19  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

After AvsX ends. Killing Professor X is going to haunt Scott forever unless Xavier comes back teaches him a lesson for killing him.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OmegaHans

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

um...Scott..isn't real..

<3

Mm, yes I know thank you. Truthfully I just wondered what kind of reaction it would get, and I see I've gotten it nonetheless.

But this is why I was for the Avengers all along. Reading Scott, anyone could see he was under many delusions of grandeur for a long time. And at this point, Chuck can't be blamed for this because Chuck years ago backed off from leadership and gave him all the leeway in the world. Now we see the fruits of Scott's labor, eh? Nudge nudge, wink wink?

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#21  Edited By DATNIGGA

@OmegaHans:

Cyclops didn't want to kill Professor X.. but when your under the influence of the Phoenix, everyones trying to attack you & Professor x is trying to erase your mind... you have to defend yourself...

not saying killing chuck is ok.. but what can you do when you have the most powerful superhero force on the planet trying to kill you?

@StMichalofWilson: If wolverine can lead.. Cyke definitely lead.

Professor x has manipulated, erased, edited the minds of many students and colleges. the x men are the x men today because of that manipulation.. the man will sit there and let humans destroy his students & ravage the mutant race but the moment a mutant defends themselves or raises there hand in combat against a human he opposes them. (notice how professor shows up when the x men attack back but is no where to be found when the x men get attacked)

Magneto was too violent

Chuck is too pacifistic

the mutants need a leader who can be peaceful but knows when to make war & defend his people.. This is Cyclops people may dislike his actions but you cant deny he knows how to too lead. if Professor x was leading during the Utopia dark reign issue... the x men would have been dismantled & destroyed by osborn do to chucks soft spot for humans & inability to retaliate

@theTimeStreamer: He deserves to die? for what? exactly? lol

lets look at this logically & examine all the things Cyke has done through out the entire event...

Cyke said no to Captain america so the avengers attacked utopia

Cyke retaliates for that attack & continues to look for hope (ironman messes with the PF & causes it to go into Cyke & his buddies)

Cyke then decides to ignore the avengers & use his new found power to save the world

Cyke is relaxing & the avengers bust into his house again to take hope (thats the last straw the avengers crossed the line & now they have to be dealt with)

Cyke attacks the avengers back & throws them in prison for there crimes against the x men (namor gets pissed & attacks wakanda & emma starts mind controlling people & killing people)

in the final fight Cyke gets attacked by the avengers & the x men (while having professor x screw with his mind) this leads to him having to defend himself & leads to an emotional break down which is amplified by the phoenix which leads to dark Phoenix Cyke

Sooo He deserved to die? because he stood up for what he believed in the face of the avengers? in the end he lost his inhibitions to the Phoenix but before that this entire war is not his fault

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OmegaHans

@DATNIGGA: How do you think they would have tried to kill Scott before? They'd definitely would want to kill him now cause guess what, Scott just made his situation worse.

But really though... I mean, it's like, cmon Bendis, even Scott isn't this stupid. Amirite?

The whole event is just... what the actual ffffff... ahem, but yeah.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VampireSelektor

@TheCrowbar said:

@VampireSelektor: You don't think Xavier's lifetime of failure to garner lasting peace among humans and mutants or to actually protect the mutant race doesn't? You don't think Xavier's enslavement of Danger didn't rattle Cyclops? Even after all that what does Xavier do? Does he seek redemption or an attempt to mend fences? No he just disappears. It's shitty writing for both characters. But I can actually see Scott's change and why it happen(All the way until AvX 11 which makes no sense for the character, it's not even internally consistent with the Cyclops of AvX)

I can agree with your points, especially the statement bolded above. I would also argue that the epiphany Cyclops experienced in Astonishing X-men led him closer to his current attitude. Other factors, a la the endangered status of mutants, plus the usual government response towards mutant persecution ("see no evil, hear no evil") played their part as well.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DATNIGGA

@OmegaHans: Hawkeye shot him in the back of the head... that seems like a pretty good attempt to kill to me.

of course your making the mistake in thinking that thats just cyke hes being influenced by the phoenix because regular cyke no matter how mad wouldn't kill Chuck

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fullmetalquach

i personally thought charles' death was well done, a few problems i had was his over confidence and the reaction of other people on the battlefield who witnessed it, wolverine just attacks and doesnt seem any angrier, and hope yells no, they shouldve shown the reactions bobby, storm, magneto, and other xmen who were close to xavier, scott's reaction was good in my opinion, seeing as he had the full phoenix force in him and already had been losing his humanity combined with the fight he was having with xavier and dealing with the PF corruption and the feeling of betrayal from his fellow mutants, i think what they showed so far was a good way to show how much it hurt him even with everything going on, it meant a lot to him, its still not enough yet, assuming scott survives then the writers should definitely go deeper into the subject and scott's feelings, but for now i think what happened was satisfying

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By One_Eye

@theTimeStreamer: @OmegaHans: @TheCrowbar: @god_spawn: After all of Xavier's sins, lack of proactive behavior, disregarding the acts of Wolverine such as still running X-Force, lying to Cykes about his brother, intentionally enslaving a sentient computer, and even go as far as to use his powers to influence the recruitment of members to the X-Men; I don't feel Xavier exactly has room to talk nor is Scott a heel in all this. Cyclops may not be a saint, however, he's been leading the mutant race through their most dire of times.

As far as the Phoenix Five is concerned, Tony's also played a role in the chaos along with the rest of the Avengers poking the proverbial hornets' nest. If nothing else, Scotts' actions aren't entirely his own given that his been possessed. I mean Wanda has practically committed genocide, Wolverine has killed whether he was possessed, mind-controlled, or whatever, and yet they get a free pass? PiS.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OmegaHans

@One_Eye: @DATNIGGA: You're right about that bro, Clint probably shouldn't have done that but then again Clint's known for jumping the gun at times. Clint also has payed for his actions.

But Scott from the start seemed very antagonistic, and all his hangups with mutant/human relations all the way back to the Stryker incident, he subliminally seemed to think more like Magneto as time has gone on, and that's not a healthy outlook for this Phoenix problem.

And when people say well, the way he is now is just what the Phoenix is doing to him, well, he was having these inclinations before and this Phoenix Cyke stuff just set those off from what I'm reading.

Again, where's Jean at in all this? How the heck did it get this far without her intervention if she's the friggin White Crown for goodness sakes?

There's just no excuse good enough for killing Chuck. He put food in ruby shades' mouth. He raised that kid, taught him all sorts of things. If Scott is so strong willed, makes me wonder why it was so easily attempted to kill Xavier.

And I just like Bendis's approach, 'oh Xavier was just hanging around not doing much' or something to that effect, I can't remember the whole stupid quote right now...

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By soduh2

@OmegaHans said:

@One_Eye: @DATNIGGA: You're right about that bro, Clint probably shouldn't have done that but then again Clint's known for jumping the gun at times. Clint also has payed for his actions.

But Scott from the start seemed very antagonistic, and all his hangups with mutant/human relations all the way back to the Stryker incident, he subliminally seemed to think more like Magneto as time has gone on, and that's not a healthy outlook for this Phoenix problem.

And when people say well, the way he is now is just what the Phoenix is doing to him, well, he was having these inclinations before and this Phoenix Cyke stuff just set those off from what I'm reading.

Again, where's Jean at in all this? How the heck did it get this far without her intervention if she's the friggin White Crown for goodness sakes?

There's just no excuse good enough for killing Chuck. He put food in ruby shades' mouth. He raised that kid, taught him all sorts of things. If Scott is so strong willed, makes me wonder why it was so easily attempted to kill Xavier.

And I just like Bendis's approach, 'oh Xavier was just hanging around not doing much' or something to that effect, I can't remember the whole stupid quote right now...

The emotional breakdown shows that killing Xavier wasn't "easy" in the slightest.

EDIT: You could argue that it took Cyclops to absorb the entire Phoenix force to really lose control, unlike the other hosts.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DATNIGGA

@OmegaHans: he was antagonistic I believe that was mostly due too three factors...

1)

Cable's warning speech...

No Caption Provided

2)

The fact that captain america showed up at his house with a an army & an ultimatum

3) & As a mutant & an X men there used to being attacked, stepped on, ignored & also used to people trying to take hope away since she showed up(stryfe, apocalypse, sinister, mystique, all once tryed to take hope. messiah complex, messiah war ect all about someone trying to either kill or capture hope)

Reason 3 alone makes it understandable why Cyke was acting the way he was...

Good question about Jean... personally I see that as bad writing seeing as how she should have intervened unless shes gonna show up next issue...

and really during really emotional situations people make horrible decision's... hes feeling multiple things here

Anger, Sadness, maybe some fear

all these emotions are enhanced by the PF thus clouding his judgment. he doesn't have to much time to think things through because hes getting attacked at all angles plus on top of that... he has the worlds strongest telepath trying to mess with his thoughts in the process... there is no excuse but all these things things play a roll

it obviously wasnt easy for him to do otherwise he wouldnt have cryed & he would have killed him earlier if it was so ''easy'' for him

camd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By camd

@OmegaHans: He will definitely be missed!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By dernman

SMH at people still defending the X-Side.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Dernman said:

smh?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dernman
    @TheCrowbar said:

@Dernman said:

smh?

You don't know what smh is or why I'm shaking my head?
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Dernman: I didn't know the acronym.

I think most of the P5 are indefensible. Scott is not though.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Dernman: Likewise to the unhinged many who're still defending the Avengers.

You've all got guts, that's for sure.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dernman
    @AgeofHurricane said:

Avengers don't need defending but whatever makes you feel better.
    soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By soduh2

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Yeah! The Avengers can invade who they want, attempt to destroy a cosmic entity force of nature (because that's always worked out with no side effects in the Marvel multi-verse), and provoking the hosts of that entity (who were trying to make the world a better place) because of what they "might" do. Then blaming and attempting to kill the host who had the most control of his mind, until he became fully corrupted. They don't need to explain anything...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dernman
    @soduh2 said:

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Yeah! The Avengers can invade who they want, attempt to destroy a cosmic entity force of nature (because that's always worked out with no side effects in the Marvel multi-verse), and provoking the hosts of that entity (who were trying to make the world a better place) because of what they "might" do. Then blaming and attempting to kill the host who had the most control of his mind, until he became fully corrupted. They don't need to explain anything...

Wow that Kool-Aid your drinking must taste great with all those refills you're going for. :p
    StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#39  Edited By StarKiller809

Marvel has been treating Scott very poorly and he isn't even likable. Killing Professor X was over the top and now Cyclops is hard to even think of once being a good person. 

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By soduh2

@Dernman said:

@soduh2 said:

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Wow that Kool-Aid your drinking must taste great with all those refills you're going for. :p

Wouldn't the "Kool-Aid" be on the side of the group who thinks they don't have to explain their actions.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dernman
    @soduh2 said:

@Dernman said:

@soduh2 said:

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Wouldn't the "Kool-Aid" be on the side of the group who thinks they don't have to explain their actions.

If there is nothing there can't be Kool-Aid that's besides the point because they do have one. You just refuse to except it.
    soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By soduh2

@Dernman: I have yet to be convinced of anything that will lead me to "except" the Avenger's side.

Assuming your not trolling let's break down the Avenger's role in the event:

1. Attempting to kill the Phoenix is a dangerous idea. As some one mentioned before, we've seen what happens when a primal cosmic entity is eliminated (get rid of Death you get the cancerverse and/or the chaos war, get rid of Galactus you get Abraxas the dimension destroyer or you get a replacement Galactus who lacks restraint, etc.) So that plan was already just as, if not more so, dangerous than the X-men's.

2. You invade a seperate nation because of something they might do, which (based on point 1) isn't really less safe than your own plan. In fact, we've seen the Phoenix actually be controlled by hosts in the past.

3. You create the five hosts because of your "intervention", and said five hosts seek to make the world a better place.

• Now, the argument here is that they were speeding up the "natural progression" of mankind by ending wars, and world hunger etc. This is BullCrap, the phoenix 5 did nothing that the Super Genius Billionaires, the magic users, the cosmic entities, and deities couldn't have. The fact that the marvel earth, despite these influences, still resembles "the real world" is absurd. "One more day" was justified because these factors, who have even raised the dead before, were incapable of healing a bullet wound.

4. As Reed Richards put it, the Avengers have been poking the X-men with a stick. This can explain most of their actions. Sure I'll admit the Phoenix 5 (discounting Peter and Scott) were prone to corruption, but the guy who is going to get most of the blame was actually trying to reign them in. When they injured an Avenger, Scott said to heal him. The limbo prison, the invasion of wakanda, the "it's a wonderful life" utopia, the whales with legs, had nothing to do with Cyclops.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dernman
    @soduh2 said:

@Dernman: I have yet to be convinced of anything that will lead me to "except" the Avenger's side.

Assuming your not trolling let's break down the Avenger's role in the event:

1. Attempting to kill the Phoenix is a dangerous idea. As some one mentioned before, we've seen what happens when a primal cosmic entity is eliminated (get rid of Death you get the cancerverse and/or the chaos war, get rid of Galactus you get Abraxas the dimension destroyer or you get a replacement Galactus who lacks restraint, etc.) So that plan was already just as, if not more so, dangerous than the X-men's.

2. You invade a seperate nation because of something they might do, which (based on point 1) isn't really less safe than your own plan. In fact, we've seen the Phoenix actually be controlled by hosts in the past.

3. You create the five hosts because of your "intervention", and said five hosts seek to make the world a better place.

• Now, the argument here is that they were speeding up the "natural progression" of mankind by ending wars, and world hunger etc. This is BullCrap, the phoenix 5 did nothing that the Super Genius Billionaires, the magic users, the cosmic entities, and deities couldn't have. The fact that the marvel earth, despite these influences, still resembles "the real world" is absurd. "One more day" was justified because these factors, who have even raised the dead before, were incapable of healing a bullet wound.

4. As Reed Richards put it, the Avengers have been poking the X-men with a stick. This can explain most of their actions. Sure I'll admit the Phoenix 5 (discounting Peter and Scott) were prone to corruption, but the guy who is going to get most of the blame was actually trying to reign them in. When they injured an Avenger, Scott said to heal him. The limbo prison, the invasion of wakanda, the "it's a wonderful life" utopia, the whales with legs, had nothing to do with Cyclops.

I've stopped trying to get people who are still taking the other side to see reason long ago. I do not bother anymore. I let them just think what they want to think.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

The Avengers don't need defending ? That'll be the day. Please refer to AvX #5, where that malignant alcoholic made the biggest mistake of his life, after Civil War and Disassembled. Thanks.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By John Valentine

@MadeinBangladesh said:

After AvsX ends. Killing Professor X is going to haunt Scott forever unless Xavier comes back teaches him a lesson for killing him.

Professor X is going to exist on the astral plane appearing to give Scott advice and help whenever he needs it.

Kind of like.....

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dernman
    @AgeofHurricane said:

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

The Avengers don't need defending ? That'll be the day. Please refer to AvX #5, where that malignant alcoholic made the biggest mistake of his life, after Civil War and Disassembled. Thanks.

Try reading the series without your X-Goggles. You're welcome.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#47  Edited By SC  Moderator

I'll be one of those guys that will just shout about how I couldn't get sold on the premise and therefore the writers are to blame if the characters act exceptionally stupidly. Yeah, you know if posters on message boards can outthink and out anticipate supposedly two of the best tacticians within the fictional Universe of Marvel that writers might not be characterizing the characters well. We already know that conflict of some sort I required for the plot and since its a comic book we know lots of people will want it to be physical conflict, but here its so painfully artificial. For two characters with vision, each of them have been blindsided badly by things a child could predict and one of them even had supermassive comic powers while he was. There is a funny irony here about characters attempting and succeeding to fix the planet whilst failing to be able to convince people that they can or what they are doing is the right thing. You know, if you can't do both...  

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

There aren't any available, sorry. Tony Stark did what he did, and everyone can see it. Everything that happened after AvX #5, was his, and the Avengers', faults. There's no justifiying the fact that they can't keep their fat noses out of anything that does not concern them, whether it be Norman Osborn related or something they've no knowledge on whatsoever.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By OmegaHans

@soduh2: They both do, but Scott could've handled it better. When he told the Avengers to get out, it showed he didn't trust Captain America. Cap is one of the most honorable people in Marvel, far as I'm concerned if you can't trust him you can't trust anyone. I mean this all started about Hope. It's now blown up to a big messy war, blame games, Namor absurdly as a Phoenix, etc.

I tend to time to time bring up how similar this is to Infinity Crusade in the matter of having to ultimately take down someone who seems benevolent, but the power has messed up the world in the process. Xavier wanted his dream to come true, but not in this cheap, plunking down of a new mutant reality while tossing the former work out with the bathwater, and abusing unlimited power. The 5 were thinking in the end, of themselves at that point, not of fair relations with everyone else on Earth and in no way was it an acceptable compromise. The Avengers were less guilty than Scott was. Scott has now almost become like another Void/Sentry, and yes I know that was a little different of a situation but there's similarities in it too. The confusion and not being able to control oneself.

As far as the story's quality is concerned if I may say, earlier writers have done stories like this before and much better than this stuff. For all its hype, Bendis and co. didn't hit the mark here with this confusing, sloppy brawl called AvX.

@DATNIGGA: That 'ultimatum' all the X-Fans seem to have so much a problem with could have saved a whole lot of the trouble both parties are going through now. The phoenix was coming back to Earth and they have to start in-fighting at a time like this? I say, smart for Cap btw to have seen a potential confrontation coming. Scott made the wrong decision. His pride now goes before a fall.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dernman

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Dernman said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

There aren't any available, sorry. Tony Stark did what he did, and everyone can see it. Everything that happened after AvX #5, was his, and the Avengers', faults. There's no justifiying the fact that they can't keep their fat noses out of anything that does not concern them, whether it be Norman Osborn related or something they've no knowledge on whatsoever.

I guess those goggles must be glued on huh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.