Follow

Professor X

Character » Professor X appears in 7591 issues.

Professor Charles Xavier is the creator of the X-Men and founder of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. His dream of peaceful coexistence between mutants and humanity has long been the driving force for the X-Men. An immensely powerful telepath and scientific genius, Xavier was among the world's greatest masterminds. Killed at the hands of a Phoenix crazed Cyclops, Xavier's memory and dream still remains and motivates his X-Men to keep fighting for a world that fears and hates them.

How did Professor X get his legs back ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Ok I really need to know this. But when did Professor X started walking again?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

Not to sound sarcastic, but which time...? He's been back on his feet & back in the chair several times now. One time was when he mind was planted into that of a cloned body. I can't remember the most recent miracle-cure at the moment...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

Charles is a highly successful, forty-something San Francisco stock broker who is persuaded by his colorful deceased Astral Ghost Scottish ex girlfriend Moira to take a well deserved, first-class vacation to Jamaica. As he soaks in the beauty of the island, he encounters a strapping, young islander, Winston Shakespeare. His pursuits for him turn into a hot and steamy romance that forces Professor Xavier to take personal inventory of his life and try to find a balance between his desire for love and companionship, and the responsibilities of a mutant leader and corporate executive... oh wait... thats how he got his groove back, not his legs... my bad, and apologies... 

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jnr6Lil

As of current, Professor X has his legs back and telepathy at an all new level. He got his legs back due to the M'Kraan Crystal.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Daycrawler

@Jnr6Lil said:

As of current, Professor X has his legs back and telepathy at an all new level. He got his legs back due to the M'Kraan Crystal.

He got his powers back due to the M'Kraan Crystal, but he got his legs back after M-Day (in the X-Men: Deadly Genesis #5).

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Daycrawler said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

He got his powers back due to the M'Kraan Crystal, but he got his legs back after M-Day (in the X-Men: Deadly Genesis #5).

Hmm, I have to see about that.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daycrawler

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Daycrawler said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Hmm, I have to see about that.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Got his powers back in Brubakers 12 issue Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire. This and Deadly Genesis are both excellent reads. Kinda wish Brubaker had stayed on Uncanny rather than Fraction taking over.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Ah

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By soccersss

Professor X is walking again :O Next Jean would be coming back from the dead AGAIN all to die again

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Daycrawler: so Vulcan stored Professor Xavier's powers?

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Daycrawler

@DEGRAAF said:

@Daycrawler: so Vulcan stored Professor Xavier's powers?

Nope. Think it was basically the amazing awesomeness of the M'Kraan Crystal that restored Xaviers powers somehow. If I remember correctly, Vulcan threw Prof X into the crystal assuming it would kill him but Darwin went in after and rescued him. When the Prof came back out he had his powers again.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Daycrawler: lol sorry i meant restored his powers. Are his powers stronger now?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Gambit1024

Then there was that time Xorn healed his legs...

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Billy Batson

He's pretty much a part-time handicap.
    BB

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

@soccersss: Actually the professor has died just as many times as Jean

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Daycrawler

@DEGRAAF said:

@Daycrawler: lol sorry i meant restored his powers. Are his powers stronger now?

Don't think he's any more powerful than he was pre-M Day. Mind you, he was pretty powerful to begin with. Bit bummed out the Prof X has been sidelined so much since Messiah Complex and his run in X-Men Legacy.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Daycrawler said:

@DEGRAAF said:

Don't think he's any more powerful than he was pre-M Day. Mind you, he was pretty powerful to begin with. Bit bummed out the Prof X has been sidelined so much since Messiah Complex and his run in X-Men Legacy.

Yea but i didnt think he was ever considered an omega level mutant until Frost calls him one when he is captured by Osborn. (she seems to call out a lot of mutants as omega or above which then gets re conned later)

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Daycrawler

He's still a pretty powerful dude tho, regardless of whether he's labelled Omega level or not. Pretty sure that rating arose during the 90's / 2000's? He was being described as the worlds most powerful telepath way before Frosty-pants called him Omega Level. Way back to the 70's/80's Claremont era I'm sure.

shahidmaqsood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He got them back when Magneto helped and also when Scarlet Witch reversed time and he actually lost his powers but,he got his powers again.(He loses them more than just once)

I write about Superheroes + Anime and recently wrote about Charles.If anyone wants to view some more interesting facts about him or Wolverine,I will drop the links:

http://passionateviews.blogspot.com/2015/10/13-most-amazing-and-passionate-facts.html

http://passionateviews.blogspot.com/2015/10/17-amazing-and-uncanny-facts-about.html

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.