Follow

Professor X

Character » Professor X appears in 7566 issues.

Professor Charles Xavier is the creator of the X-Men and founder of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. His dream of peaceful coexistence between mutants and humanity has long been the driving force for the X-Men. An immensely powerful telepath and scientific genius, Xavier was among the world's greatest masterminds. Killed at the hands of a Phoenix crazed Cyclops, Xavier's memory and dream still remains and motivates his X-Men to keep fighting for a world that fears and hates them.

How can he access Wolverine's mind?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

You know how Magneto and Juggernaut wear helmets to block Xavier's abilities from reaching their minds? Well if Wolverine's skull is coated with Adamantium, how can he access Wolverine's mind and not theirs?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

Magneto's whole helmet immunity thing was actually created for the movie, it has since become part of the comics but for a long time it was just his own mental resistance. Magneto's helmet and Juggernaut's helmets were designed to be resistant to telepathy. Metal doesn't inherently prevent telepathy, Xavier can read minds through metal just not through Magneto's and Juggernaut's specially designed anti-telepathy helmets.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

Mags helmet is specially designed and probably has something to do with magnetism, Juggs is mystical.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @PrinceIMC said:
    Magneto's whole helmet immunity thing was actually created for the movie, it has since become part of the comics but for a long time it was just his own mental resistance. Magneto's helmet and Juggernaut's helmets were designed to be resistant to telepathy. Metal doesn't inherently prevent telepathy, Xavier can read minds through metal just not through Magneto's and Juggernaut's specially designed anti-telepathy helmets.
    Makes you wonder why Magneto has worn a helmet for all those years then, It's not like its fashionable
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By castleking

Xavier wasnt always able to read Wolverine's mind that was years of probing and helping remove Wolverine's mental blocks and implants even then it wasnt always easy for Xavier as it is now.

Magneto's powers were psionic in nature as the original reason for his ability to resist telepathic attacks, it was just that his psionic powers were metal specific. Magneto for years even without his helmet has been able to fight off mental intrusion from Xavier in battle of wills and even took on Xavier and Jean Grey tag team battle to mind wipe his mind where he finally lost.

like someone said the Helmet thing wasnt always part of the comic history till much later which probably did come from the X-Men movie.

and of course Jugg is magic, magic always fills the logic gap.

aside from that Wolverine's Adamantium Skull has only ever worked against one psionic specific being, Proteus, keeping him Wolverine save from mental intrusion..

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By gravitypress

I thought the Helmet thing was from Avenger/X-men crossover. It had circuitry of some type installed in it.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By castleking
    @gravitypress said:
    I thought the Helmet thing was from Avenger/X-men crossover. It had circuitry of some type installed in it.
    what i am saying originally there was nothing special about the Helmet. it was retcon some time later well after Magneto was established as having his own latent psionic powers and high will power.

soyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By soyacat

Well, I am a physicist. So to speak.

So, I can tell you, that probably not a lot of radiation goes through the bones anyway, as they are somewhat massive. However, Xavier probably mostly uses EM radiation emitted from some of the major nerves, probably of the face, and the spine. Adamantium could help with that, in various ways. However, I would actually assume there is, like with other metals by the way, trace amounts of adamnatium in all sorts of tissues, and these might confer him better immunity, to be somewhat D&D for a moment, to mind control and mind reading, than that of other being.

I actually think Adamantium, is phosphorus, a common radio opaque material, found in bones and teeth mostly. However, this is my own deliberations, and I do not know if it true. It is, humorously, found in soft drinks, such as Coca Cola, in reasonable amounts, as a food additive.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.