Follow

Professor X

Character » Professor X appears in 7596 issues.

Professor Charles Xavier is the creator of the X-Men and founder of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. His dream of peaceful coexistence between mutants and humanity has long been the driving force for the X-Men. An immensely powerful telepath and scientific genius, Xavier was among the world's greatest masterminds. Killed at the hands of a Phoenix crazed Cyclops, Xavier's memory and dream still remains and motivates his X-Men to keep fighting for a world that fears and hates them.

Continuity with Professor X- Wolverine and First Class

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By SpidermanWins
    Spoiler WARNING!!!!!!  Stop here if you don't want to have the ending to First Class spoiled for yourselves. If you already know it or don't care then you can keep on reading. and click on the overly-dramatic red letters.

Ok so as many of you may know.
    However, when he said that the first thing that popped into my mind was him as a bald old man. The first image that appeared confused me. It was that cameo at the end of X-men Origins: Wolverine. He was standing, which shocked most people. This suggested that he was still able to walk at this time. 
          That was just after the Vietnam War, kids. X-men First Class takes place during the Cuban Missile Crisis in the 60s. Confused? So was I. Another thing was that he was bald in Wolverine. Bald and mobile after the Vietnam War and with hair and wheelchair bound in the 60s? That doesn't seem entirely possible does it? Now of course that cameo could have very well been an illusion from the Professor but it certainly did not seem like it. I would really just love to blot X-Men Origins: Wolverine out of existence but unfortunately what is done cannot be undone. Your thoughts?

PS: Oh and another thing- Did you see another cameo in First Class? William Stryker! He was the one whose mind Charles had read in the CIA meeting. The Professor gets information about his son William which he finds very interesting. Later he states his familiar beliefs that "a war is coming" soon after being one of the first people on the planet to know of mutants' existence.The only thing is that Stryker seems older here than in X2! When will the continuity errors stop!!!??
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SoA

i talked about the movies with my roommate not 5 minutes ago lol, i likened it to a flash fire each film having something atrocious about them snuffing out the others atrociousness ,in this case the next film will completely ignore the past two films like having hope summers and bishop as teen members  for the next film  and have stryfe as the villian without ever mentioning cable bc thats how bad these films are, real bad

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpidermanWins

Oh no another copy issue

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpidermanWins
    @SoA said:
    i talked about the movies with my roommate not 5 minutes ago lol, i likened it to a flash fire each film having something atrocious about them snuffing out the others atrociousness ,in this case the next film will completely ignore the past two films like having hope summers and bishop as teen members  for the next film  and have stryfe as the villian without ever mentioning cable bc thats how bad these films are, real bad
    That's Hollywood bro
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

The William Stryker whose mind he read was thinking about his son William, the Stryker that would initiate Weapon X. And hopefuly Odin willing we can all just forget that Wolverine abortion of a movie.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpidermanWins
    @Omega Ray Jay said:

The William Stryker whose mind he read was thinking about his son William, the Stryker that would initiate Weapon X. And hopefuly Odin willing we can all just forget that Wolverine abortion of a movie.

why did you underline son? I know man... I put it in the initial post
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @SpidermanWins said:
    @Omega Ray Jay said:

There are two William Strykers. X-2's and his father, the one in First Class. You say that the one in First Class is older and that's a continuity error, but in fact, they're two different people with the same name. 
    SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpidermanWins
    @InnerVenom123 said:

@SpidermanWins said:

@Omega Ray Jay said:

There are two William Strykers. X-2's and his father, the one in First Class. You say that the one in First Class is older and that's a continuity error, but in fact, they're two different people with the same name. 
    WWHHHHAAAAT? Hmm.... I've got the same name as my father too (its also confusing) but my name is way cooler and should be the name of an action hero. I think I may have heard that about him having a father with the same name once but I forgot.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    @SpidermanWins said:
    @Omega Ray Jay said:

pleas tell me you're joking
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    @SpidermanWins said:
    @Omega Ray Jay said:

Nope, that appears to be the case. Please prove me wrong if I am. 
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    @SpidermanWins said:
    @Omega Ray Jay said:

Nope, that appears to be the case. Please prove me wrong if I am. 

oh god......F*&^ You Fox Studios
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By King Quisling

the Stryker in First Class is William Stryker Sr.

lokiofmidgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By lokiofmidgaard

On Charles walking and bald in Wolverine: Origins, or still walking and working with Magneto in X3 when they go to see Jean Grey, but in a wheelchair and with Magneto left to lead the Hellfire Club / proto-Brotherhood by the end of First Class, don't forget that in the comics Prof X has regained and then relost the use of his legs multiple times, and he's reconciled and fallen out again with Magneto several times too. It's not great stretch for that to happen in the movies, even if we never get to see it happen (e.g. the next couple of films don't explain the apparent contradictions). Ditto the kids in Origins who seem to be Banshee and Emma Frost - people with similar powers (which the two Emmas appears to be, given that the one in Origins was Silver Fox's sister), children of the ones seen in First Class, the ones in First Class deaged, clones, you name it, there's tons of ways that this could be reconciled in a universe full of superpowers. 

It's like Sabretooth not matching between Origins and the first X-Men movie. Two Sabretooths who simply share the same codename. Origins Sabretooth further mutated into first movie Sabretooth thanks to Weapon X experiments. Origins Sabretooth mutated in mind and body when his healing factor got overloaded, resulting in him becoming first movie Sabretooth. Etc. 

The point is, the continuity conflicts can be reconciled, but the filmmakers' intent that all five movies are meant to share a single universe is clear.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.