Unfairly Imprisioned

Posted by lightfright12 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I read that Abin Sur was damned for giving Hal Jordan his ring. This means the presence, or whoever condemned Abin for Hal becoming parallax, something that Abin could not have known or been held responsible for. The same for Hal being sent to purgatory for his actions as Parallax. What does this say about the presence, or indeed bringing Christian belief into a universal setting? I for one think that moving beyond earth should bring a certain Atheism or not give such preference to the Abrahamic god over all others (Treating the Presence and the One above all as the "true creators" of there respective universes while treating all other gods as lesser deities)

#1 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

well,while I am christian I agree.I don't think they should bring the abrahamic God into their comicbook company.

At least marvel has odin,and the one above all (who is actually stan lee or something like that)

#2 Posted by jamesbyng188 (231 posts) - - Show Bio
@cameron83 : I see no reason not to bring any kind of god into fiction. The Presence has technically been around since the first showing of the spectre so the christian god as been in DC for quite some time. But the comic code back then said you can't mention the almighty god or any gods from what I got. But I see no reason to look at the character deeper in the DC perspective. I can see how some followers of the belief could find it insulting. But remember that Odin, Zeus, and all of them were worshiped and could still be worshiped by some people. And the Hindu gods are still a major world religion and there in comics. My friend who is Hindu had no problem when Vishnu was pwnd by Areshem the Celestial. So I see no problem bringing in any god into a fictional setting

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.