Underrated?

#1 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks the predators are underrated? I remember people saying "Oh Arnold beat him so I don't see why he can't beat him" or something like that. I read a comic batman vs predator and

SPOILER

Batman beat him WITH A BASEBALL BAT at the end! Now granted he did do a beating on him before but taking him down with a baseball bat sounds dum to me. So I just wanted to say that I think he is underrated. And I wonder if anyone agrees with me.

#2 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Am I the only one who thinks the predators are underrated? I remember people saying "Oh Arnold beat him so I don't see why he can't beat him" or something like that. I read a comic batman vs predator andSPOILERBatman beat him WITH A BASEBALL BAT at the end! Now granted he did do a beating on him before but taking him down with a baseball bat sounds dum to me. So I just wanted to say that I think he is underrated. And I wonder if anyone agrees with me."

Agreed.

#3 Posted by Vertigo Legend (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Truly

#4 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy's on a roll this week. I've actually been agreeing with him.

#5 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who think The predator's are underrated. He is a cool and strong character and I hope this thread gives him some credit.

#6 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Copy's on a roll this week. I've actually been agreeing with him."

We agree sometimes but not this many times in a week :) lol

#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, I re-watched AVP a day ago, and yeah, the Pred's are pretty underrated. In a fight, Batman would get demolished. I mean-these guys are way stronger and faster than any human alive, they have awesome equipment are are very intelligent and master hunters.

I decided that the Predators are now my favourite extra-terrestrial species. Pretty bad@$$.

#8 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

They are very underrated. They can kick some pretty hard ass with ease. They aren't in Godzilla's league. But they can certainly take down a lot of comic book chars.

#9 Posted by The Speedster (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"You know, I re-watched AVP a day ago, and yeah, the Pred's are pretty underrated. In a fight, Batman would get demolished. I mean-these guys are way stronger and faster than any human alive, they have awesome equipment are are very intelligent and master hunters. I decided that the Predators are now my favourite extra-terrestrial species. Pretty bad@$$."

Yea same here. They are one of my favorites alien species. PREDS ARE NUMBER 1 LOL.

#10 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone seen AvP:R.

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yup...

was good, better than the first AVP...

but it wasn't an amazing movie, nothing special or amazingly memorable

M

#12 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"yup...was good, better than the first AVP...but it wasn't an amazing movie, nothing special or amazingly memorableM"

yes there was... no happy endind coz the blond got hung up with a blade :P

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

gimmick...

the entire movie was fun to watch, it just wasn't anything ground breaking

M

#14 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"yup...was good, better than the first AVP...but it wasn't an amazing movie, nothing special or amazingly memorableM"

Good enough for me, lol.

I think critics today expect just too much from movies nowadays........I have no problem watching a movie only to be entertained.

Was the Predalien actually interesting, or just a crummy gimmick?

#15 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the hybrid had no acid blood.

#16 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"gimmick...the entire movie was fun to watch, it just wasn't anything ground breakingM"

Dang.....I was kinda hoping they'd find something actually story-related with the hybrid......

#17 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you.

#18 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

in predator vs batman 2... batman was lucky to come out alive, the pred had it all over him the whole time

#19 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio

People remember the movie more vividly then they do the comic when comes to The Predator. Cause the movie was pretty popular. Now granted the Batman vs Predator and JLA vs Predator comic was good. I usually think about the movie before I do the comic, cause I liked the film better and the part where The Predator laughs before he self destructs is classic. Oh Yeah, and by the way... I was one of those people who said if Arnold Scwartzenegger and Danny Glover can beat The Predator why cant (Superhero of your Choice).

#20 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"People remember the movie more vividly then they do the comic when comes to The Predator. Cause the movie was pretty popular. Now granted the Batman vs Predator and JLA vs Predator comic was good. I usually think about the movie before I do the comic, cause I liked the film better and the part where The Predator laughs before he self destructs is classic. Oh Yeah, and by the way... I was one of those people who said if Arnold Scwartzenegger and Danny Glover can beat The Predator why cant (Superhero of your Choice)."

i was the same until i read the batman story... now i look at it as the preds in the movies were only a couple of preds out of the whole race and they may have only been low level preds too... the one that fought batman was real nasty, he may have been an exceptional pred as he took out other preds who were chasing him to get to batman.

#21 Posted by Yautja King (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Of COURSE the Yautja are UNDERRATED. The Story and Species of Yautja is base on Intelligence and Advanced species. In other words the Yauja fail to appeal to Majority of Homosapiens due to your preference for unintellegent, attractive jocks with six packs.

The Yautja represent a species that is Tribal and Civilized, Brawn and Smart and Swift, Ethical but won't think twice to Blow your ARSE UP...should I go on.

We need more of you Homosapiens to contribute to the Yautja story line like me. I plan to intoduce a NEW line of Advanced Yautja and a Race of people simular to Humans But more on par with the Yautja.

Glad to see some homosapiens are actually intelligent.

Keep up the Love for the Yautja...they did show us how to build pyramids

Yautja King

#22 Posted by Yautja King (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"King Saturn says:
"People remember the movie more vividly then they do the comic when comes to The Predator. Cause the movie was pretty popular. Now granted the Batman vs Predator and JLA vs Predator comic was good. I usually think about the movie before I do the comic, cause I liked the film better and the part where The Predator laughs before he self destructs is classic. Oh Yeah, and by the way... I was one of those people who said if Arnold Scwartzenegger and Danny Glover can beat The Predator why cant (Superhero of your Choice)."

i was the same until i read the batman story... now i look at it as the preds in the movies were only a couple of preds out of the whole race and they may have only been low level preds too... the one that fought batman was real nasty, he may have been an exceptional pred as he took out other preds who were chasing him to get to batman. "

the Yautja in the movies are on "The Hunt". they travel to get skull as trophies and to test their skills. these Yautja are mere rookies, they are tested to weed out the weak. They are low level Yautja. The Yautja storyline is still very foggy....What do you think the Yautja...IN YOUR OPINION...is REALLY LIKE.

In mine there are different species of Yautja, The Hunt is just a sort of annual contest similar to the Olympic Games. There are species of Yautja that are for Athletics like the Hunt...for War, For Society and Gov., for Intellectual and Scholarly purists..but over all the Yautja are simular to the ones from the movies. I belive the Advanced and more Intellectual Yautja consider the "Hunt" as "Barbaric". I believe the Yautja have a clan that is far superior to the ones we see and would beat a human or Alien Queen without even really trying. these Yautja are simular to Elders and High of the Highest. They only get into battle when absolutely necessary, they can live a long time...and they approve and over watch the Yautja society. It would be rare to see these particular Yautja in the "Hunt" due to the fact they consider it Barbaric.

that is my opinion...and my take on the Yautja speceis.

What do you think..?

Yautja King

#23 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

Predators are underatted.

#24 Posted by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio
Copy said:
"

Am I the only one who thinks the predators are underrated? I remember people saying "Oh Arnold beat him so I don't see why he can't beat him" or something like that. I read a comic batman vs predator and

SPOILER

Batman beat him WITH A BASEBALL BAT at the end! Now granted he did do a beating on him before but taking him down with a baseball bat sounds dum to me. So I just wanted to say that I think he is underrated. And I wonder if anyone agrees with me.

"

That's just wrong. I'm glad I steered clear away from that comic when I spotted it.

King Saturn
said:
"

People remember the movie more vividly then they do the comic when comes to The Predator. Cause the movie was pretty popular. Now granted the Batman vs Predator and JLA vs Predator comic was good. I usually think about the movie before I do the comic, cause I liked the film better and the part where The Predator laughs before he self destructs is classic. Oh Yeah, and by the way... I was one of those people who said if Arnold Scwartzenegger and Danny Glover can beat The Predator why cant (Superhero of your Choice).

"

Going by that logic if a bald business man can beat Superman time and time again then why can't (insert name).

Just to point out Yautja King, Yautja isn't the official name of the Predators. The name was thought up by one of the early comic writers that did the Predator story. However 20th Century Fox recently released a statement saying that the name Yautja is NOT the official name of the Predators.

And yes Predators are underrated. Their my favorite extraterrestrials with the Aliens (another glory of 20th Century Fox) in a close second.
#25 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7819 posts) - - Show Bio
@brainiac 1.0 said:
" Predators are underatted. "
                            and Awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.