PREDATORS Trailer

• 58 results
Posted by No_name_here (1225 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, THIS is more like it. IGN’s finally got the official trailer that drove everybody at SXSW so bonkers. Witness it below…  

This pleases me tremendously as ALIEN and PREDATOR movies, when done right, are among my all-time favorites. Plus, I’m glad that it’s a sequel and not a remake. At least with a sequel, you advance the story, possibly taking it in a new direction, rather than showing me something I’ve already seen. I’m interested by the premise alone, which sees Earth’s seven deadliest killers brought to the Predator’s home planet to be “game in a big game hunt.”

Robert Rodiguez is producing this and, while he isn’t credited as a writer, I’m pretty sure this must be based on the unproduced PREDATOR 3 script he wrote about ten years ago for Fox. The story had Danny Glover and Arnie’s characters from the first two PREDATOR movies getting kidnapped and brought to the Predators’ home planet.  Considering that Arnie still running the state I live in and Glover is finally “too old for this s***”, I imagine that script had to be significantly retooled for this. It’ll be fun to watch and guess if any of the seven characters started off those two in previous drafts.

Just make this a hard R. If there’s anything to be learned from the success and failures of previous installments of these series, it’s that they work best when “no holds are barred.” That’s the case in the comics, that’s the case in the movies.

But what do you think, oh deadliest Comic Vine community? Does this trailer impress you?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by DanceGreenman (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Want to see this so bad. Love predator movies.
#2 Posted by 1eyejoker (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great. Plus GOGGINS is in it!
#3 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait for this! there hasnt been a good predator movie since the first one. Which is weird really, you would think predator would be a pretty easy story to tell. But predator 2 and avp 1 and 2 show that nope its not.

#4 Edited by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOOOYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Posted by simsey (82 posts) - - Show Bio

want to see the different preds in this films prob add more to my tattoo collection 

gon be class

#6 Posted by Alphaproto (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! Ok I might see it.
#7 Posted by starkiller95 (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#8 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

oh yeah...hahahaha!
man, and he threw Danny Tejo in there. that guy 
could kill a Predator just by staring at it right.

#9 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I was on the fence with this , but after seeing of whats to come. It doesn't look too bad , but we'll see. Still not crazy about Adrian Brody . I like the guy just can't compare him to Arnold and Danny Glover. But I could be wrong though on Adrian when I see this. 

You know I always wanted to see an adaptation film version of Predator vs Magnus :The Robot Fighter. Even though it will never happen lol
#10 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks sweet

#11 Posted by cadaver (143 posts) - - Show Bio

i can;t see this not being a great flick!

#12 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Predators have never looked so evil. I can't wait for this. I've only recently gotten into the Predator franchise and already I'm a big fan. 
Too bad Arnold Schwarzenegger can't reprise the role of Dutch, even if it's justb a cameo.
#13 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
nice
#14 Posted by tropicalisland (7 posts) - - Show Bio

If they follow the leaked script online then its obvious what the ending will be according to the leaked script.
Adrien Brody and that other female actor survives in the end.

#15 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

You know who they should send to the Predator homeworld? He'd be the greatest hunt the Predators ever had... 

#16 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

YES !!! im going to watch this movie over and over again ...

#17 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Great trailer...I'm so there

#18 Posted by Darkchild (40974 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent: Hell yeah midnight showing for me hopefully. Cant freaking wait 

I can honestly say im going to see this movie soley because of the Trejo. Hes a badass, dad met him once on a play says the guys isnt as much of an a$$hole he looks to be. Scary as f#$k but cool guy. Favorite small role actor 

Also im seeing it cause the movie looks badass
#19 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123: 
i would pay them to put Chuck in that movie...just to see him impaled by a Predator.
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
#20 Posted by Darth Malek (86 posts) - - Show Bio

word it looks sick as hell but it would have been better if it had Arnold, Sly, van Damme, Ludgren, Jet Li, and Statham in their prime no thats a bad ass cast

#21 Posted by NightFang (10128 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see it!

#22 Posted by GothamBat (644 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant wait to see this. it reminds me of the plotline of Salvation Run, with them sending all these killers and bad guys to a different planet where crazy crap starts happening. awesome!
#23 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. I'm super psyched now.

Danny Trejooooo

#24 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

But it won;t be the same without "old Painless" D: 

Idk, I am a huge Rodriguez fan and this does have a great cast.... but I am too nervous about re-makes lately

#25 Edited by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap am I glad it's not a remake. 

And it probably will be rated R, but where's the stigma coming from? AVP1 sucked way less then AVP2 and it was the only PG-13 of the bunch (the director thaught it would be rated R, but to his surprise green alien blood isn't a big deal to the people who rate the movie). It was also better to watch then the also R rated Alen 3 and maybe 4. I think they should stive for a hard "not utter crap". 

Also it sucks that that Predator 3 wasn't made back in the day, it sounds awesome.
#26 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

AWSOME, SIMPLY AWSOME!!!!!
#27 Posted by frogger (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I just shat myself!
#28 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Four words..... 
GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!!!!!

#29 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't look half bad. We'll see. It could be a piece of crap. I admit, I did enjoy the AVP films.

#30 Posted by Xion (247 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#31 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

...YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

BAD.

ASS.

The dots appearing on Brody gave me a goddamn nerd freakout. Awesome trailer, great cast (I actually think that Brody looks pretty fitting in this setting for some reason), and an excellent trailer. Can't wait for this!

#33 Posted by Bio Guyver (6854 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Brody took some steroids for that scene.

"RUN!!!!!!"

#34 Posted by darth bul (130 posts) - - Show Bio

cool
#35 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you Rob

#36 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7891 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good, one thing im not sure about though is where does this fit with Predator 1 & 2, its not a reboot it it?

#37 Posted by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio

OOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! 

HOW...??? WHEN...??? I didn't know about this!!!! 
 Sonofa... Aliens and Predator are THE single most awesome Horror film monsters EVER!!!  
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WATCHING THIS!!! 

...god, im a total fanboi!

#38 Posted by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, now that ive actually seen the trailer i gotta say, im not really down with the cast. I mean, they don't look like "the worlds most dangerous killers" to me. It's the guy from the Pianist, for crying out loud! 

These guys don't look like they could survive not even 5minutes in a planet full of Predators...! 

Still watching it anyway! 

#39 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope the Predators kill them all. :P
#40 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmmh, look too much like the first...
#41 Posted by Bats (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty good. 
I think it's interesting how it doesn't take place on earth. 
Good twist on the original.
#42 Edited by robokungfu (177 posts) - - Show Bio

This all makes sense now with the hodgepodge of characters thrown on to a Predator planet.  The most difficult obstacle I guess making a Predator sequel is not making it a remake of the first movie.  It obviously has the formula of group of badasses thrown into hostile environment and they're killed off one at a time gruesomely (yet creatively) by the title creature until the guy with top billing survives by the skin of his teeth.  I really hope this doesn't tread over old waters too much.  But hey, I'm still excited!  

*edit*  

OH LAWD do I hope it's violent!  Ol' Robert Rodriguez has a good track record when it comes to this anyhow.  I'm not the least bit worried about this morphing into kiddie fare.  What I AM worried about is this getting post-production 3D butchery like every big tentpole/franchise movie to be coming out until who knows when.  
#43 Posted by heroic_warrior76 (120 posts) - - Show Bio

The number Alien Hunter of the good old 1980's era is back awesome.

#44 Edited by CrimsonComedian (328 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a pretty damn good trailer. I like the way they didn't show all of the Predator at first and just kinda built up to it. And it's how a trailer should be. Not revealing too much, but just revealing enough so that we can get a little taste.  I think the movie itself should be a good one if RR is a part of it.

#45 Posted by welshguy (197 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks precisely the sort of Predator film a lot of people have been waiting for. Admittedly, once I saw the Robert Rodrigeuz presents I thought "this is going to be cobblers" owing to me not liking a single thing he has been involved in either wholly or partially for some time, I was pleased to see the trailer makes the film look good. True, trailer's these days can make even the most medicore movie look good but the concept behind Predators is interesting and enough of a change to make it worthwhile. And yes, a hard R (or 18 for us in Blighty) would be nice.

#46 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

more killing please

#47 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome!!!!

#48 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7982 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emerald Warrior said:
" Ok, now that ive actually seen the trailer i gotta say, im not really down with the cast. I mean, they don't look like "the worlds most dangerous killers" to me. It's the guy from the Pianist, for crying out loud!  These guys don't look like they could survive not even 5minutes in a planet full of Predators...!  Still watching it anyway!  "

Aw, come on. Danny Trejo is like the most badass mexican to ever live.

But from what the trailer shows their seems to be a sh*tload of Predators in this movie, so that means theres probably going to be alot of predators being killed by this bunch of supposely 'badasses'
#49 Posted by d0npierre (399 posts) - - Show Bio

As a fan I can only say, FINALLY !!

I'm watching it the second it comes in theatres, twice :p

#50 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie looks like its going to be killer!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.