Morpheus Fights Predators

Posted by inferiorego (22403 posts) - - Show Bio

SciFi Wire    reported that Matrix star, Laurence Fishburne, will appear in the upcoming summer 2010 release, Predators. 

Fisburne will play Noland, a character being compared to Yoda, who has used his Zen-like abilities to survive among the alien Predators on a deadly hunting planet.   

Zen-like abilities you say? Someone has been watching Steven Segal: Lawman a little too much. This movie has a huge cast already:        Adrien Brody, Topher Grace, Walton Goggins and Danny Trejo. For those who haven't seen or remember the first Predator film, it's about an hunter type alien who comes to Earth and takes out a team of special-ops military personnel, one-by-one. Eventually, after setting numerous traps,    Schwarzenegger's character wound the Predator and the Predator kills himself, hoping to take Arnie out in the process. A whole team couldn't bring a Predator down. This film, however, doesn't even take place on Earth.      

Predators  , which is now in production, is conceived of as a sequel of sorts to the original Arnold Schwarzenegger film, with the added "s" an homage to James Cameron's classic   Alien   sequel,   Aliens  . The story of   Predators   centers on a group of eight humans who wake up to find themselves being hunted for sport in the jungles of a strange planet.    

Luckily, they have Noland's zen-like    abilities    to help them out... I guess. It's been a long while since we've seen a flat-out Predator film, since Predator 2 starring Danny "Riggs" Glover. The plot does sound interesting, I'll give them that, but what do you guys think? Will this movie be good or do your zen-like abilities detect something awful? 

Staff
#1 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

Zen like ability?... That stops a Predator?..

#2 Posted by inferiorego (22403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise said:
" Zen like ability?... That stops a Predator?.. "
  "Stop destroying the environment Predators"
Staff
#3 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14424 posts) - - Show Bio

so Laurence Fishburne is the black iron fist lol

#4 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

My zen-like abilities detect this will be awful. 

You mean to tell me Rodriquez that your elite team is tougher & better than this team of commandos ? 

I THINK NOT !! 

Now this is who it should've been or close to it 

#5 Posted by jloneblackheart (5505 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought they should make a Predator movie with all alien languages. No humans. No English. No Earth.

#6 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14424 posts) - - Show Bio

agreed ^ and make it gore-tastic as hell

#7 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" I always thought they should make a Predator movie with all alien languages. No humans. No English. No Earth. "
Me too.
#8 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

All i can say is that i am looking forward to this movie ........... very much

#9 Posted by bloodshed (30 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the predator and alien films. 
yes,even alien 3. 
i'm looking forward to this movie and fishburne is cool. 
i could just see him and his csi team bustin' some predator skulls. 
i like see him pick up a M-60 or a l.a.w. rocket launcher. 
hell,throw a hornet's nest at a predator,he might just have a chance then.
#10 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio
@bloodshed said:
" i like the predator and alien films. yes,even alien 3. i'm looking forward to this movie and fishburne is cool. i could just see him and his csi team bustin' some predator skulls. i like see him pick up a M-60 or a l.a.w. rocket launcher. hell,throw a hornet's nest at a predator,he might just have a chance then. "
#11 Posted by Nyogtha (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!

#12 Posted by Hamz (342 posts) - - Show Bio

First I've heard of a new Predator film, call me a cynical sceptic but I don't have high hopes.....it sounds like it'll flat out blow :S

#13 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe these guys can save the day. 

#14 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

stuuupid 
#15 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it's not like Predator was a great movie or anything. This sounds like it will be at least on par with an Arnold Schwarzenegger action movie from 20+ years ago.

#16 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator was awesome and this will be awesome simply for having the title within it's title.

#17 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

SWEET!!

#18 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

.....meh.

#19 Posted by NightFang (9959 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#20 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds lame.

#21 Posted by SystemID (446 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a huge fan of Predator... but none of the movies after Predator 2 had the same "feel" to them. Still though.. I'll end up watching it all the same. Even if it blows like the last 2..

#22 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see Chris Hansen kick some a$$!

#23 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
this film intrigues me greatly...
#24 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone know what's going on with AVP? ae we going to get part 3? kinda ended on a pretty friging big cliffhanger

#25 Posted by the guv'nor (94 posts) - - Show Bio

i think this will be a good movie,rather than have a load of macho types just blasting guns ,this looks to have a more interesting cast and collection of characters.so at least it wont be a completely dumb movie.

#26 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (262 posts) - - Show Bio

That's an interesting cast being assembled so far..

#27 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7657 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" I always thought they should make a Predator movie with all alien languages. No humans. No English. No Earth. "
Hell yes.
As for the 'film' they are trying to make, Hell no.
#28 Posted by IrishX (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

Should be interesting...
#29 Posted by DALLAS (7 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds interesting
#30 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

can't really say, rob rodriguez's movies are wild cards

#31 Posted by fromthedead (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I predict: Walter Whoever dies first. Adrian Brody gets caught and is used as a trap then DIES. Topher Grace finds an Asian chick who has somehow survived and saves her. He makes some bad jokes like pussy as big as a house stuff. Then he gets killed in front of her. She grabs a gun, Fishburne knocks it from her hands and he gets laser-cannoned but lives. He falls down a waterfall and realizes that cold mud prevents the Predators from seeing him. He picks off the Predators one by one until only one is left. Right when they're about to fight a goddamn ALIEN jumps out of nowhere and we get the first real badass AvP fight on film (I did like Requiem though) and it leads into the next AvP. Then the Asian chick and Fishburne get rescued by Colonial Marines. She says her name is Machiko. Oh SNAP!!!

#32 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator? thats all i need to hear, im there.

hard to stomach the fact that it will be 
sans Stan Winston though, RIP.

#33 Posted by Bio Guyver (6849 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch...Danny Trejo gets killed first. The Mexican always dies. Interesting cast. I'll definitely watch this.  

@CATMANEXE said:

" Predator? thats all i need to hear, im there.  hard to stomach the fact that it will be  sans Stan Winston though, RIP. "
Yeah. Stan was the man. SFX and Sci-Fi owe a big deal to him. I grew up watching his work. I loved Pumpkinhead.
#34 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

it could be really good
some back to basics films are awesome
ill defo see it anyway

#35 Posted by Bio Guyver (6849 posts) - - Show Bio

They should include this classic quote, with Morpheus saying it.

#36 Posted by JackieEstacado (132 posts) - - Show Bio

cool i love laurence fishburne. THE MATRIX IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.