Follow

Predator

Character » Predator appears in 339 issues.

Predators, or Yautja, are extraterrestrial hunters who possess advanced technology and weapons used to hunt any being they consider worthy prey. They often make trophies of their victims after killing them, and are often known to hunt for sport on Earth, seeing humans as easy prey that are plentiful in numbers.

How many Predators could take down Wolverine

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Chaos Burn

okay
    It's dense, hot jungle like in Predator 1
    Predators have:
    Invisibility
    Thermal Vision
    Wristblade
    Spear
    Disc
    Shoulder Cannon

Wolverine Has:
    Healing Factor
    Adamantium Claws
    Heightened Senses
    Superhuman Strenght & Stamina

HOW MANY PREDATORS WOULD IT TAKE TO GET WOLVERINES SKULL AS A TROPHY???

slyther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By slyther

they couldnt his skelington is made of adamantium indestructable plus the healing factor which means they couldnt hurnt him for long and he would be able to see them through his heightend senses

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ebony Bishop

It really depends on the writer. Wolverine has been hurt really bad with lasers before. A good shot in the chest could take out his heart, as the ribcage doesn't protect it completely. Of course, the Predators wouldn't know his bones were indestructible, so they wouldn't be aiming specifically to miss his bones, but they tend to aim for the chest by default.

Of course, Logan should be able to smell them, even while they're invisible. And it's not like he'd be sitting still. He could slash their nets, and the spears and discs are not worse than anything he's faced before. I think it all comes down to the shoulder cannon killing him quicker than he can regenerate, which is never a sure thing. And of course, a writer who writes him back from a drop of blood qill always have him win, while a realistic writer would give the Predators a chance.

As for the skull trophy? Couldn't be done. His spinal column is laced with Adamantium as well, and can't be cut by anything the Predators have. They'd pretty much have to take his whole skeleton. Or his skelington, as slyther said, which made me think of the Predators killing Jack from the Nightmare Before Xmas.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the creator

The Predator has a extremely potent long range weapon available to him - the shoulder cannon.
    This thing would destroy most of Wolverine's chest cavity in one shot (excluding the bones of course).
    That is emough to drop Wolverine in one hit. He would have no lungs, no heart and not circulatory system in place. Even for Wolverine that would take some time to regenerate from.
    He would recover but it that enough time for the Predator to reach the body, recognise Wolverine regenerating and then to move from the area to again begin attacking from range ?
    I don't know. I tend to think that the Predator would come in close to get his prize and Wolverine would have recovered enough to gut the intergalactic punk.

If the Predator stays at range he can keep blasting Wolverine for many hours until he begins to lose concentration. If he goes in close, he's toast.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Yeah, in my head, I always picture the classic version of Wolverine -- if he dies, he doesn't regenerate. Although with current continuity, he's supposed to be back to that, after I think it was Guggenheim had him have one final battle with the Angel of Death, apparently, the next time Wolvie takes massive damage, he dies for good.

Until the next writer screws with that.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By G'bandit

not really wolverine's total skeleton isnt covered by adamantioum cause if it was he wouldnt be able to move... there are only some parts that are whit adamantium they explain it... that's why WWH could brake him in half... WWH didnt brake adamantium he just broke he's spine.. that's what i read...

also wolverine doesnt have super human strength... that i know off, he is just some fast and has altered senses but he is a common human he has normal strength.. like maybe a body builder's strength..

here the only danger that the predator faces is wolverine's healing factor that is really altered but the adAmantium is nothing if your a great warrior...

to beat wolverine all you need is to be faster and have high experience and good counter weapons.. many have beaten wolvy so i think
    a veteran like scar can beat wolverine.. but not whit those gadgets you gave the predator... to finish off wolverine (if is to the death) he will need that blue liquid from the movie.. one drop and wolverine is dead forever.. B)

so if you put SCAR in this as the predator ill go whit scar he rules.. xD

but if is by the rules you place here then i have to go whit wolvie... just cause the gadget you place arent that good... :)

it depends.. later dude :)

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Actually, it's been argued that Wolverine would have to have enhanced strength just to be able to move with that much metal in his body, not to mention at the speeds he's shown and the agility he's demonstrated.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the creator

In a couple of handbooks he has been described as having from peak human to enhanced human levels of strength.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Sparda

Three Predators.

Two stay back, hiding in the trees with Cloaking on. They blast Wolverine, alternating, so that he stays down and they conserve power. When he finally is knocked out, the third Predator comes in with his disc and saws through Wolverine's neck until he gets to the joint, and cuts through it. Then he takes Wolverine's head back as a trophy.

Cause, if I remember correctly, Wolverine's joints are not covered in adamantium, as that would not allow him to move.

The Wolf-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By The Wolf-man
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By ComicStooge

It may take 3-4 but the 5th Predator will realise what Wolvie is capable of. It'd rip Wolvie's whole skeleton out, and I'm not sure even he can heal from that.
    FrankenBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FrankenBlade

One Elite Predator like Wolf or Broken Tusk would easily defeat Wolverine.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

1 Predator. Easy as pie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.