AMC Orders Pilot for Preacher

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

AMC has officially ordered a pilot for a TV show based on Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon's popular PREACHER series. Sam Catlin (Breaking Bad), Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are developing the show. Catlin wrote the pilot and Rogen and Goldberg will direct it. Rogen and Golberg assured fans this is a passion project for them, saying they're also huge fans of the comic. “Preacher has been our favorite comic since it first came out. Garth Ennis is one of our idols and it’s an incredible honor to be working on this."

No Caption Provided

The comic's writer, Ennis, also said he's happy that it's being handled by Rogen, Catlin, and Goldberg and said they've been keeping him in the loop. “Steve Dillon and I are extremely pleased to know AMC has taken ‘Preacher’ to pilot. We have had an ongoing voice in the efforts of the writers whom Sony TV and Original Film entrusted with this project, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and Sam Catlin, and have been most gratified that they continue to include us, and that they have tackled the project with the type of unwavering commitment and courage needed to present the material as Steve and I intended. This has been a long time coming, but that it continues apace, and with the chance to be delivered episodically, gives ‘Preacher’ an opportunity to be seen in its best possible medium, not previously possible. And many thanks indeed to Ken Levin and Neal Moritz for their never flagging commitment to ‘Preacher,’ and for never giving up well past the point when I myself grew skeptical -- we have principally gotten to where we are today because of Neal and Ken.”

They're going to produce the pilot next summer and the series will be considered for 2016. Are you excited, Viners?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Couldn't have happened for Hellblazer, huh?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

On one hand, Rogan is an idiot.

On the other hand, Preacher features the exact type of juvenile comedy he specializes in, so it might work.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Yes

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TimeLordScience
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm happy for Preacher fans, but dang, I wish it was Y: The Last Man, instead.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@timelordscience: I know. I meant on AMC. I'm fine with the current cast and creative team, I just wish they had more freedom.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_smahboi: oh okay. Still they don't even have the option to do Hellblazer now.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Looks like Geoff Johns will bring all related DC into Television. He don't care what channel it is, a new policy by Geoff Johns which each tv channel must have atleast one related DC show lol

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

I own Preacher 1-15, so I hope this show explodes in a good way just so I can cash out.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

Could be very cool, especially if they do all 9 volumes in a series. Would definitely give it ago.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Wait, this wasn't known? One of the producers mentioned it to a group of people at Montreal Comic Con last summer. He only mentioned it in passing, as if it was something everyone already knew about, so I thought it was old news until now. Huh...

njarnell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By njarnell

Matthew Mcconaughey for Jesse Custer

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Why does it matter?

It's a frustrating pathway when they could be utilizing the in house distribution methods so much more effectively.

Why not take advantage of HBO? Why not have more shows on the CW to have a cohesive TV shared universe?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MuyJingo

@jonny_anonymous said:

@muyjingo: Preacher in a shared universe?

What? No. Boynerdgeek complained about DC's policy of having a different character show on each network. You asked why it mattered, and I gave one reason.

Constantine and a decent Batman show instead of Gotham could both be on CW/HBO and have a shared universe with Arrow and Flash.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@muyjingo said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

What? No. Boynerdgeek complained about DC's policy of having a different character show on each network. You asked why it mattered, and I gave one reason.

Constantine and a decent Batman show instead of Gotham could both be on CW/HBO and have a shared universe with Arrow and Flash.

DC is owned by Warner Brothers and in turn by Time Warner. HBO is however directly owned by Time Warner.

Its not as if WB can just put whatever they want on HBO.

And there is literally no point to "share universes" with most things. The world Constantine plays in is very different than the one Arrow plays it. Hellblazer was a Vertigo title until the last year.

There's frankly no need to cross them over. It would just make more of a convoluted mess.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

That cover! I can't help but think that could be the owner of Los Pollos Hermanos from Breaking Bad... Gus... hmm, I don't remember his last name. It's the same cunning smile.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#20  Edited By The Impersonator

I'm excited for Preacher. It's one of the best comic book series I've ever read. I wonder how they are going to tone down the adult content since it's AMC.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By rev_sulphur

Looks like Geoff Johns will bring all related DC into Television. He don't care what channel it is, a new policy by Geoff Johns which each tv channel must have atleast one related DC show lol

My god do you ever stop spouting utter crap. Do you even think before you type ?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#22  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

GONNA BE SO AWEOSME!!!!!

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rev_sulphur: wait....what is wrong with my comment. Why suddenly you say I'm crap ? Give me solid reason please.

Oh btw, what is wrong with my statement ?

Devbob98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Devbob98
    mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@rev_sulphur: wait....what is wrong with my comment. Why suddenly you say I'm crap ? Give me solid reason please.

Oh btw, what is wrong with my statement ?

"a new policy by Geoff Johns which each tv channel must have atleast one related DC show"

No it's not a policy. Unless you know something I don't or you were just making a joke.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

DC is owned by Warner Brothers and in turn by Time Warner. HBO is however directly owned by Time Warner.

Its not as if WB can just put whatever they want on HBO.

And there is literally no point to "share universes" with most things. The world Constantine plays in is very different than the one Arrow plays it. Hellblazer was a Vertigo title until the last year.

There's frankly no need to cross them over. It would just make more of a convoluted mess.

WB could definitely put their properties on HBO if they had a good pitch. I'm sure TW wouldn't have a problem with generating further profit..

You think a Batman HBO show wouldn't make mega bucks? Or any DC Character actually.

A shared universe doesn't mean they have to cross over regularly. We already see that in the comics world where it's the same shared universe, but they don't crossover all that often.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC invasion in TV :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.