Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Power Girl must fight her friend, Terra, whose body has been taken over by the Ultra-Humanite's brain.

THE GOOD
    Amanda Conner's artwork is a joy. She's got a light, appealing style that's finally struck the elusive balance so many comics artists have sought. That is, she renders superheroines in a way that's at once powerful, sexy and realistic. Her storytelling has an excellent sense of timing - - which is all the more impressive given that these are static pages we're talking about, here - - and her expressions exhibit a fantastic range of emotion. Her characters feel, think and react - - they're not marble icons posing every other panel.

THE BAD
    Gray and Palmiotti make a point of stressing that Power Girl isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, despite her purity of heart. While the tone of the book is obviously about light fun, I had to raise my eyebrow over how flippantly she decides to step over some ethical lines to protect her secret identity. Wasn't there an entire months-long DC crossover a couple years ago that had superheroes suffering the consequences of mindwiping villains? Also, while I understood what Paul Mounts was trying to accomplish with the "double vision" on the Earthquake page, it wasn't executed as well as it could have been were it rendered practically in the pencils or inks.

THE VERDICT
     If you're only going to listen to one reason to get this book, then get it for Conner's work. I understand that she's going to be moving on to other ventures soon, so enjoy her take on Powergirl and her friends while you have the chance to. 

3.5/5
    KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KRYPTON

This is a great series!

davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By davidkenneth

Love Atlle
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik

I am enjoying the fun while it lasts. 

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By LoganRogue24

i love Connors art i might stay with the book after they leave but i just hope whoever takes over will try to keep the style of Connors art or at least try to stay close to it.
    Crymsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Crymsun

This book has been so enjoyable.  It's a nice change of pace from all the gritty books out there.
    mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mattydeNero

It's a shame that the Grey/Palmiotti/Conner run is about to end.  I have a feeling they will eventually return, maybe.  But I'm looking forward to Judd taking over the title. 
    Dipic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dipic

Definitely going to pick up the two trades. This was such a fun run. Going to miss Amanda and the gang working on this book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.